Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-11, 12:36 PM   #11
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Dog, thanks for the vote of confidence.

However, I don't think anyone at this point is adhering to the notion that they know what they're doing.

I don't want this thread to degenerate into a plssing contest, so here goes a different approach.

If I may do my best to summarize what I think are the main theories here. The mentioned parties should feel free to correct me if I mis-state their position:

Bassboogieman: Bass start gaining weight during the Fall, then gradually lose weight until the Spring spawn approaches. Not sure where Boogie would say the "skinniest" period would fall.

Kennethdaysale: Bass gain weight during the late Summer, then begin slowly losing weight until the Spring spawn. they then start gaining weight again, peaking in late Summer.

Me: Bass start gaining weight in the Fall, continue gaining until the Spring spawn. They "bottom out" in the late Summer.

What are everyones' personal experiences with this? When have the bass you've caught been at their fattest?
Hey NFE I certainly didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and I am no bigger fan of name calling than you are. I have lost more than one debate and could well lose others, its called learning. However I must stick by the adjectives I used in the otter forum, the points we were debating could have been posted by anyone, I wasn't attacking you personally(heck I don't even know you) just addressing the posted comments.
I agree with your summary of my position on this weight issue and will stand by it. At the risk of sounding like school kids on the playground concerning chapter and verse research""you show me yours and I'll show you mine""
And yes I have seen Dougs seasonal video that clearly shares my views on this subject.....but hey I've seen videos of shrinking glaciers, I'm still not on A> Gores mailing list.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.