Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-06-11, 11:30 AM   #1
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 95 champion owner

Well, I officially bought my first bass boat yesterday. I got a 95 champion 18ft with a 150 merc black max on it. Here are the few pics I have of it so far, it's in good shape except for the seats that need to be recovered. Floor is solid, transom is solid, carpet is nice, motor runs like a top. There are a few dings in the hull, scrapes and what not but I took it to a fiberglass repair man and he said it was nothing to worry about at all. My trolling motor needs tightening down a bit, and the spring to release the motor is a little stiff and hard to pull up once the motor is deployed but I think that is a minor repair.

Feel free to tell me what you think, then tell me what you think it's worth. I'm scared to say what I paid for it untill someone else posts some numbers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0506110959-00.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	6719

Name:	0506110959-01(1).jpg
Views:	399
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	6720

Name:	0506110959-02.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	6721
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 01:43 PM   #2
b.a.s.17
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Great lookin boat man! I just got my first boat the other day too. Got a 91 Champion from my dad when he bought a newer boat. I wouldn't worry about what you paid for it as long as you feel like you got a good deal thats all that really matters! Enjoy!
b.a.s.17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 01:44 PM   #3
Bender

Great looking boat! I like those mid-90s Champs, the one I rode in was very fast. I like the colors and everything about it. I'm sure you will be very happy with it.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 02:05 PM   #4
doc

I paid 6,500 for the boat. Not a great deal, but not a bad one either I don't think.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 05:41 PM   #5
nobass

good looking boat i do not think you over paid for it, if you feel you got a good deal that is all that counts. hope you have many enjoyable hours of fishing in it.
Old 05-06-11, 06:50 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ok doc........you asked for it pal. it ain't no good man, ugly as crap, needs to be here with me so's ya don't hafta get all mad aobut buying a piss poor rig.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

it looks great doc for real. love the "crimson" colors. hehehe, it looks liek it'll get oyu where oyu are going to. i had a 150 max years ago. great motor. not like my ol johnson, it is always a cold starter. meaning it takes a while to start in the morning. not the merc, always fired right up. minor details ont he seats and such. actually looks better in the shine area than mine. mine is very dull. and is in need of a overhaul. maybe one day it'll happen for me.
take her out and enjoy her pal. post up pics of oyur first catch on her too now ok?
Old 05-08-11, 08:57 AM   #7
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Doc, Congrats man! It's an awesome feeling and responsibility owning a boat. Get out as much as you can and get comfortable behind the wheel..from the photos it looks to be in awesome shape! There will always be deals that may seem better, but if you're happy with the purchase then that's all that matters...now get out and catch some fish!
Old 05-08-11, 09:53 PM   #8
champman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thumbs up doc's new boat

nice boat doc. iv'e owned my 1989 champion for 12 years now and don't see any reason to buy a new boat.my 175 black max has ran great from day one. don't worry about a few scratches, all you have to do is fish lake of the ozarks a few time with all the docks and cables and you won't mind the hull scratches. i also think the price is good for the boat. oh by the way , i don't know is anyone has told you but bass love to ride in champions so much they jump right in the live well! P.S. love the color, same as mine.
champman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 12:58 AM   #9
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sorry I am late getting in on this thread Doc, somehow I overlooked it but when you posted about your maiden voyage I looked around because I knew you must have posted about your new boat. Congratulations on the new ride! Champion makes a very good boat. They are very solid and ride really well. I think you did good on the price. When I read your original post I had the number $8,500 in my head for a good deal and around $9,000 for a very top end so like I said I think you did good.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 06:28 AM   #10
lilmule

Yes good buy for that money and a decent ride.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.