Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-08, 09:07 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default shakey head rod

i know this has been gone around and round.. but from my own experiance and that of talking with others that regularly shake da worm..

i have found that the rod makes all the differance. as i know bassnman30 has gone thru what 4 differant rods?? i have tried 4 differant ones for it my self. several friends both mine and his, have tried multiple rods. some like bassnman and my self have pretty much settled on your rods of choice. i belive his is a g-loomis -not sure which one- i had a g-stick bronzeback -which i broke- i have the fenwick elite shakey head rod.

he i know prefures a medium heavy while i favor a medium light rod. now i am not speaking for bassnman30 here.. just what i learned while "exchanging pleasentry's" with the man.

of all the rods i have heard about they seem to run the gambit from mid range rods to some very high end stuff. i have NOT heard any one say they found the perfect shakey head rod YET..it is due to personal taste and some like me use 100% braid on there shakey rod while others swear by -or at- floro.. the one thing nearly every one does not use is mono. and quite frankly the quality of the bites i have been getting with straight up braid you would for sure not feel on any mono..

just a thought to help you on your shakey head rod purchase..

zooker
Old 03-17-08, 09:38 PM   #2
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Thanks, Zook!

I'm in the market as we speak!

-Lunk-
Old 03-17-08, 09:39 PM   #3
Bob Smith

Zooker, I guess I take change more slowly than others. It took me throwing drop shot for more than two years before a buddy finally convinced me to buy and try the Shimano Crucial DS rod 7' 2" Medium Light. Well I have been throwing the shakey head on one of those rods with the Shimano Symmetre reel, 20# Power Pro and Seguar Flouro leader for the last two years and love the rig as much as my drop shot rigs. That combination really works for me (in fact it was that rig that managed a first place finish for my partner and I on a team tournament this past Saturday).
Old 03-18-08, 12:26 AM   #4
Rebbasser

I throw it on a MH Falcon Cara on braid with a fluoro leader. I want a stiffer rod to get a better hookset. ML I save for my dropshot rod.
Old 03-18-08, 05:44 PM   #5
bassnman30

Default Shakey Head rods

I'm just glad that my shakey head rod wasn't the one that I dropped overboard @ Tillery. I caught all my fish on that rod. For those that don't know, I dropped my Loomis spinnerbait rod in the water. Luckily it was for my bro-in laws giant treble hook that I retrieved it. As for having and trying 4 rods awww, it was only 3 ! You were wrong, but oh so close ! I did get that rod from Daves tournament tackle and yes it's a mh. and it has a load of sensitivity.
Good talking to ya yest.

Bassnman30
Old 03-18-08, 06:25 PM   #6
zooker

i was wondering how you dredged up that sunkin treasure.. some time you will have to tell me how you chunked your rod/reel over board..

it was good to talk ta too bassnman30 as we have not met up since last fall i think -on tuckertown-

zooker
Old 03-19-08, 01:30 PM   #7
bassnman30

I was on the floorboard looking in my shakey head box ! I moved my hand over and there she went. I hollered "rattle trap" but I wasn't able to get to my rattle trap rod in time. It wouldn't have mattered, that grass was so thick that it fouled up the hooks as soon as it hit the bottum.
Seems like alot of people in my neiborhood knows about this, you know people telling other people telling other people etc...seems like it's a big deal. I guess not alot happens in my area thats worth talking about ! You know gardens, who's yard needs mowing,who saw who doing what they did etc...

Thanks Guy

Last edited by bassnman30; 03-19-08 at 01:38 PM.
bassnman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 07:52 PM   #8
zooker

not me hoss i did not mention it to your neighbors..or anyone else-specificlly the dinner owner-

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.