Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-09, 06:14 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Last big monkey weekend

Here's how the weekend went.

Friday ran down to the BPS with a friend after work. He grabbed a bunch of crankbaits, some lizards, a spinnerbait or two and 6 gallons of oil and $200 bill. I fought hard and walked away with only a BPS 3600 box, 3700 box, some split rings, and a gallon of oil.

Saturdays show was good with a couple of dealers. Then things went crazy when one guide marked everything down to $1. Yep, Bandits, spinnerbaits (normally $4.99), Falcon boxes (used), all for $1. The Monkey was screaming in that booth. Walked away with some nice baits.

Sunday was slower so I wandered and found some deals. Picked up a old Bagley's DB3 in Tenn along with a P-70 Pop-R and a Lohr's Cassie 6-8' diver Kerr Special all for $11. Best thing was they were all brand new. Picked up a bunch of other odds and ends for $1 too.

Not a bad weekend

Then I got the bill for the truck repair.......
Old 03-09-09, 06:17 PM   #2
aikenyounggun

man sounds like a fun weekend except the truck..... what cha do to it?
Old 03-09-09, 10:11 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahaha, well can we dare to ask what the truck died from? i think it was all the bait ya bought. good deals are VERY hard to walk past my friend. some of us would rather walk to the water if we got good deals, right?
Old 03-10-09, 05:10 PM   #4
3dkicker

I kind of rushed through the stuff I picked up. Spinnerbaits were Glamour Shad - I forgot the name yesterday. Added my Knucklehead Shad Skirts to them and they look sweet. Also had Walt make up some custom spinnerbaits for me and my tournament partner. Walt's one of the old school custom bait guys. Over the past 50 years he's hand made over 500,000 popping bugs . He calculated that he's done over 1100 dozen every year for 50 years. He also ties trout flies too. He used to make some custom baits for a couple of the big names in bass fishing to. 20+ years ago he made a custom firetiger spinnerbait for them. He had a couple extra bodies and tied a few skirts on them for me. Sweet baits once I added the blades .

Truck has/had two cracked heads. Got both replaced but had to get the heads shipped from CA which took a week partly due to the snow storm. Had the rental for two weeks. I'm waiting on a intake gasket or something (I really didn't care at this point) to be installed which finally arrived yesterday around 4 PM. It was supposed to be at the shop last Friday morning. You wonder why the american car companies are failing.

Car rental $400
New Heads $469 - which is good since Ford sells theirs for $1100 each.
Labor Priceless
Old 03-10-09, 09:21 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nice! Sounds like fun!

Wish I could find some deals like that!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.