Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-28-06, 07:43 PM   #26
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

tom it spoke to ya.. had an x90-car- do the same thing to me..

zooker
Old 03-28-06, 09:25 PM   #27
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i we had the money we would have gotten one of those big bass boats

but we dont and i like my boat just fine
Old 04-02-06, 10:32 PM   #28
ddc_5114
BassFishin.Com Member

Ill start with "I own a (Tritoon)".tr-19pdc. And it is a fine boat. My fishin buddy owns a Skeeter tzx-200. Hole shot- no comparison, the Skeeter is blistering fast to get out of the water. w.o.t. there is absolutely no chine walk. Which is amazing because there is only about a 1 1/2' pad in the water.
The ride is good and it fishes quite well. And the 200hp yamaha is quiet, reliable and very smooth running. The bow does ride quite high in the water at a stop, but overall a good fishing platform. The triton rides lower in the water which feels more stable at most speeds but is squirrely as he!! in w.o.t. Skeeter makes an awsome boat!!! I love my merc, I love my triton, but my next one will be a skeeter!!!
ddc_5114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 05:08 AM   #29
1FASTLASER

Now there is someone that speaks according to experience. What more could you ask for.
Old 04-03-06, 07:35 PM   #30
Futurepro22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Futurepro22

thank you guys! i just need the $$ now.. lol..
Old 04-04-06, 05:35 AM   #31
1FASTLASER

Took a ride yesterday in a brand new ZX200 with the 225 RTEC. I will have to admit I was impressed with the handling and the topspeed. The holeshot was great. As far as a fishing platform they are very user friendly. I especially liked the lay out of the dash. Only thing that I didnt care for is when it was my turn to put her threw the wringer is the feeling of sitting up to high. I like a boat that you can get down in especially when running at high speeds. She GPS'd 67. Course the motor hasnt loosened all the way up she only has 11 hours on her and I personally think it could have used a taller prop but all in all was quite impressed.
Old 04-06-06, 12:04 AM   #32
Futurepro22

you sure it was a zx200.. they are only rated for a 200.. it might of been a zx225 b/c they are rated for a 225... if i get one its gonna be a 19-20 ft.. its gonna have a yammy on it.. i think... but i like the etec's.. but thats in the future.. i need money first
Old 04-06-06, 06:07 AM   #33
1FASTLASER

Positive buddy. You gotta remeber down here in the south we dont always live by the rules. Kinda like I am putting a 2.5liter Merc on the back of my Laser when I am done with her and she is only rated for a 115. Hmmmmmm.....now why would I do that.LMAO!!! Bet u can figure that one out.
Old 04-06-06, 01:09 PM   #34
Futurepro22

o jeez... the tournaments i fish (BFL, Fishers of Men) the HP rating has to be followed... the test with a 200 VMAX on a Zx 200 went 71 mph.. plenty fast enough!.. my nitro now with a 150 evinrude... only goes 51(gps) with just me and a tournament load..granted its older(92)... but still.. for the tournies i'm gonna be fishing.. i'm gonna need someting more upto date.. dont ya think?
Old 04-07-06, 05:06 AM   #35
1FASTLASER

You got that right and you also answered why alot of the time you need a fast boat. Not that you need it all the time but here'ss the pic. Your on fish and fishing a 2 or 3 day tourney and another one has also found those fish. Now who's gonna get there first? ........Correst the fastest one. One thing I really liked bout that skeeter was on plane time. Midrange acceleration was good and of course top end was great. Really like the inside layout of the boat.Just like to sit DOWN when driving them,my only con on the boat.
Old 04-25-06, 04:03 PM   #36
SMB Hunter
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

I own a 04 ZX225 with a 225 HPDI. I have fished out of Gamblers, Nitros, Stratos, Javelin, and my last boat was a Ranger. None of these boats hold a candle to my Skeeter. I have had her in 6 to 8 foot swells on lake Michigan and 3 to 4 footers on inland lakes and she performs great. If you are going to buy one get a ZX225. If you can not afford a new one buy one a couple years old. Just be picky and get exactly what you want and look the boat over good. You can tell if some one does not take care of there stuff.
SMB Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 11:21 PM   #37
FlyRod

I was having a problem with three different Skeeter owners who would always seem to appear, when I was on good fish, and then literally crowd me out of my spot.
Solution?
I sprayed the our entire rig with Deep Woods OFF(TM) repellent. Now, so soon as these Skeeter bozos get within 75 yards of me their boats automatically do a U-turn and refuse to steer back toward me. Works on BumbleBee boats too.
I can't wait to see that guy driving that Water Tick!
Really. It's true. I swear.

FlyTheEverTruthfulRod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.