Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-18-07, 10:07 PM   #1
usngsm2
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to usngsm2
Default Spinning reel power houses

I am about to sale my abu garcia cardinal 674 with center drag and was looking at a Shimano Stratic or a Quantum Catalyst Pti-a. Any suggestions and personal experiences?
I just brought a daiwa zillion 7.1:1, save your money. Nice looks and nice ergonomics.
usngsm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 10:17 PM   #2
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

stradic... its nice and smooth. i like it very much altough I picked a big one. Havent tried quantum
Old 02-19-07, 02:23 PM   #3
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Mark me down as a shimano fan, especially for the Stradic and Curado models, I've never had any complaints about the entire shimano line up.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 03:17 PM   #4
adamgambill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

There are two kinds of Shimano reels, the kind in a box and the kind in a blister pack. Use your common sense when picking a reel from them. When I was much younger I thought that the name really meant something- INCORRECT. The first ever purchased was a crestfire, made good casts to about 30', no gear, no drag-junk. Do yourself a favor, if you are going to buy a good spinning reel, decide on what you want and save your money and go the next step up. Buying good stuff will save you aggrivation and time without your gear. I am with bet on the brand of choice but dont scrimp and buy what theyve got in a hanging package. Look for things like super-stopper1 or 2, ARB, and dynabalance. The cheaper reels dont have these features.
Old 02-19-07, 06:25 PM   #5
Curado
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Can't give you anything from personal experience, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Stradic.
Old 02-19-07, 10:01 PM   #6
FLBassAssassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Shimano is by far the best company for both spinning reels and baitcast reels in my opinion...i have thrown many other brands but i still purchase a shimano everytime i buy a reel...i own 3 stradic 4000's and 1 4000 sustain that i use mainly for inshore fishing...and then i own 4 stradic 2500's 2 curado d's 2 chronarch mg and 1 calcutta te and i have never had a problem with any of them...back to the topic tho...get the stradic 2500....i know at bass pro we still have some combos left with the stradic reel and extreme rod...not a big fan of the extreme rods but for $189 combo it isnt bad...i would reccomend the stradic...and if u have a little extra money go for the sustain...just my 2 cents...
Old 02-20-07, 10:35 AM   #7
skeeter944

welcome to the forum flbassassaasin!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 04:46 PM   #8
Vabass22

IMO, go with quantum. I have fished with both brands, and (like I said just my opinion), Quantum has blown shimano out of the water. Pfleugers + Daiwas run close second.
Baitcasting is another story.......

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.