Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-28-06, 08:27 PM   #26
m cress
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
still hurts like hell every time i try to roll cast.. had to go back to straight up casting or pitching. i can get by with a slider style cast with no pain.i can NEVER again rotate my left hand up-think throttlin down with a moter cycle-i can not flex my wrist straight up -it pulls to the side-i can NEVER again lock my left wrist..

this is what happens when you tear tendons and ligaments..very little pain at normal use unless i try to pick up something REAL heavy with it.. roll casting is about the only thing it effects while fishing.. helps switching to lefty reels also..
What happened? If you don't mind me asking.
m cress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 08:57 PM   #27
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m cress
What happened? If you don't mind me asking.
Way too many pics of redheads rotflmao

Lizards
Old 06-28-06, 09:00 PM   #28
m cress

I understand
Old 06-28-06, 09:49 PM   #29
zooker

no i fired a 500s&w left handed TWICE..2 times to many..
Old 06-28-06, 10:42 PM   #30
m cress

What were you doing? Weak hand drills?
Old 06-28-06, 11:45 PM   #31
Phydiox
BassFishin.Com Member

may i make a suggestion? my tourny-ment reels are all johnny morris from bps and i have NEVER had an issue with any{6} of them! they are a little pricey but you can catch them on sale. also i have had a van damn that the frame broke on. also check walmart sporting goos case they have some that htey mark down if the boxs git torn or lost. also if there is a small tackle store any where local that works on reels, they useualy have some that havenot been picked up for repair. i have gotten sevaral pennsand a calcuuta this way.
Phydiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 11:16 AM   #32
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i once found an abu garcia original that is usually 80 bucs but found it at wally world for 5...guess what i did.
Old 06-29-06, 11:18 AM   #33
senko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydiox
may i make a suggestion? my tourny-ment reels are all johnny morris from bps and i have NEVER had an issue with any{6} of them! they are a little pricey but you can catch them on sale. also i have had a van damn that the frame broke on. also check walmart sporting goos case they have some that htey mark down if the boxs git torn or lost. also if there is a small tackle store any where local that works on reels, they useualy have some that havenot been picked up for repair. i have gotten sevaral pennsand a calcuuta this way.
i was looking at those.nice reels but a little pricey for me.i used to want a castaic till i got back to reallity.i want either a pflueger echelon or daiwa procaster.it is so hard to chose!!!
Old 06-29-06, 06:12 PM   #34
zooker

yeah mcress.. easy to do with a 44mag not so good with the 500. i can use either hand to do just about every thing..

now lizzy i forgot you this weekend -know i forgot some one- dam now i am bumded never fear zooker got your hook up inbound you have mail..

zooker
Old 06-29-06, 08:58 PM   #35
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
yeah mcress.. easy to do with a 44mag not so good with the 500. i can use either hand to do just about every thing..

now lizzy i forgot you this weekend -know i forgot some one- dam now i am bumded never fear zooker got your hook up inbound you have mail..

zooker
Got em, thanks

Lizards
Old 06-30-06, 12:07 AM   #36
MBeery
BassFishin.Com Member

I would definantly recommend the Pflueger Echelon reel. Have not heard any negative feedback and my experiences have all been great. Not to bad on the price either. JMHO
Old 06-30-06, 01:54 PM   #37
senko

so the echelon?i was thinking about that.what one do you think would go on a st croix premier,6'6" medium power, fast action?
Old 06-30-06, 02:06 PM   #38
m cress

Senko! Go out and buy that reel already!
Old 06-30-06, 02:23 PM   #39
senko

lol...i want to but it is so hard to choose.but i told my stepdad about what i want to do.i said i was going to get a new rod and reel;something that i can use for all around bass fishin.he said ok what kind of rod is it?st. croix.and how much is it?90 dollars.what?!!?!?im not going to let you buy a 90 dollar rod.

so i dont no why,but i cant buy that rod now.i am so bummed too.i havn`t lost yet but i think he is firmwith his answer.funny though.my mom said alright and i think my dad did also.i think my stepdad just had a bad day at work.i still have to talk to him about the reel.

the reel i`m using now is a abu garcia original left hand model even though im right handed.my stepdad got it for me for 5 bucs from wally world as a gift for getting straight A`s in school.he told me some right handed pros use left handed reels so they can use their right hand for more power.of course i didnt believe that but,oh well.

the rod i think i have is a shakespeare intrepid he gave me with the reel.like what flyrod said,i think he should have stuck to wrighting plays .i think you are right mcress.and i should stop carrying this thread on and on.it is getting old.

i will try again to get that rod and reel,and i thank you all for your help.

thanks,
BF
Old 07-03-06, 04:48 PM   #40
basskiller24/7
BassFishin.Com Member

go with the QUANTUM baby sweet reels smooth casting cant go wrong with it
basskiller24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.