Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-25-09, 06:23 AM   #1
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Sorry for my post about Kevin, and thanks for yours.

Thanks to WTL and one of his posts that he nailed, one drunk posting has lead to this. My anger was misguided, Bob Smith you were right my shortcummings have lead me to this. I am failing at something that has nothing to do with bass fishing, yet turned my anger here on you people and Kevin. I had a following in the bass fishing world and gave it up to eventually fail at what I am doing now ( a 13 yr. venture ). Yes someone with a successful sight in that field pissed me off, so I lashed out, and it was in fact so wrong for me to do. I do have knowledge to give and sometimes people think its wrong but I always want to teach what I have learned in my 28 years of bass fishing. Fact is I am stressed, in dept, and closing my shop after 11 years and tried for some stupid reason to restore my pride here. In that I pissed off alot of people and again I am sorry.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 09:00 AM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Apology accepted! We all make dumb choices now and then!

Welcome Back!
Old 02-25-09, 09:22 AM   #3
dtyukody
BassFishin.Com Member

Your apology took alot of guts - not only showing honesty and humility - but doing it so publicly. Whenever a door closes a window opens. You will find that window when you are supposed to. In the mean time take one step at a time and continue to do the right things right. You're OK dude.
Old 02-25-09, 09:24 AM   #4
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtyukody View Post
Your apology took alot of guts - not only showing honesty and humility - but doing it so publicly. Whenever a door closes a window opens. You will find that window when you are supposed to. In the mean time take one step at a time and continue to do the right things right. You're OK dude.
It dose! I found myself doing this on another forum too! It was hard, but in the end it gained the friend ship of other members! I think Kevin would be proud of you!

This guys got BALLS!!

Last edited by Bassboss; 02-25-09 at 09:32 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 09:46 AM   #5
sharpe012010

sorry to hear about your situation CC hope all gets better!
Old 02-25-09, 09:47 AM   #6
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I am sure that was hard to do, but you earned my respect by stepping up to the plate CCass. I placed a message on your profile that expounds that apprecation a step further. If you ever need someone to just vent your frustrations to, then send me a PM and I will give you my personal email address, or even give you my phone number. You are obviously struggling to salvage your business, whatever it may be, but be rest assured that a clear mind is a much better way to deal with the crisis. I am sure that you will find a number of other people on this forum that would make that same offer to you.
Old 02-25-09, 09:53 AM   #7
MississippiBoy

My opinion of you just went WAY up, CCbass. I never thought that you'd be back here after what was said on that other post. This apology took a lot of courage to pst, and I definitely respect you for that.
I'm sorry to hear of your business difficulties, and I really wish you luck in whatever you do. Tight lines.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 10:29 AM   #8
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Hats off man to stepping up. As you can see, there are some tight knit fellas on here that are always quick to offer words of encouragement. I know it might not help much with personal troubles, but it can be a morale booster none the less. Keep your head up man, it's tough all over. God bless and water under the bridge.
Old 02-25-09, 10:31 AM   #9
Wishing2BFishing

It seems that you had a moment of clarity. Perhaps there is hope for you . . .
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 11:48 AM   #10
Foyt20

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

Kudos CCbass. That took cahones. If there is anything i can do to help you out (although CA is a bit far from NJ) just pm me.

It is an honorable thing to admit what you did, and I think that what you said now was heartfelt and true.

Kudos to you.
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 11:53 AM   #11
Kevin
Administrator

Hey CCbass... I'm truly sorry to hear about the troubles and hardships you're facing right now. We wish you well as you work your way through the bumps on the road. Keep your faith and know that the Lord will always pave a new path. Today is a new day. God is always looking to give a fresh start.

If there is anything I can do personally to help you out, don't hesitate to ask. We're all a family here at BassFishin.Com and you're in that family.

Sincerely,
Kevin Scarselli
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 12:35 PM   #12
Tall

I have said a prayer for you CCbass, and hope you find this site to be aid in trouble times. Like Kevin said, their is help in an higher form and I pray that he may help you out.

I hope to learn from your knowledge as well as others I am sure.

It takes a good person at heart to admit to mistakes and I hope this is all behind you, cuzz let the person among us cast the first stone who has not sinned. We all mess up and make mistakes, none of us are worthy of the rags of heaven. Look to Jesus in your trouble times and you never know what may happen. Some call them miricles, some luck and some blessings. The road may be bumpy, but I hope it works out for you.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 01:23 PM   #13
woody

CCbass Here are a few verses that have always helped me to find encouragement.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

He can help you too.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 02:43 PM   #14
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

What helps me is that the bible says that the Lord will not let anything happen to you that he knows you can't handle...
Old 02-25-09, 03:04 PM   #15
aikenyounggun

i forgive you and i admire how you apoloigized and admited you were wrong.... sorry about your business
Old 02-25-09, 04:27 PM   #16
Foyt20

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

The internet can be an amazing thing.
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 05:42 PM   #17
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'm not a religious person, but I honestly feel that it took a lot of guts for CC to come back on the board and apologize for his comments, and then added a personal explanation that led up to his post.

I'm also pleasantly surprised at how Kevin handled this whole situation. Never once posting in the original thread, yet allowing all of us the opportunity to voice our concerns, opinions, and even express our frustrations. I'm sure that he has read every single post and decided that it wasn't the appropriate time to close that thread. And by doing so he gave CC the time to compose himself and come back on here. Only then did Kevin post, and his post was out of a genuine concern for CC rather then for himself.

While I haven't been here for very long, it's clear that Kevin is a very special person.
Old 02-25-09, 05:58 PM   #18
zooker

ok cc you dug your self a deep hole starting that poo storm..your appology is a tea spoon now start digging and redeem your self...

nuff said

zooker
Old 02-25-09, 05:58 PM   #19
bcklash

Joel, I agree 100%--I think CC showed what kind of man he can be. And Kevin showed what kind of man he is and the size of his heart.

Old 02-25-09, 06:09 PM   #20
Jim80

Wow i just read the original thread and it does take alot to be able to say you are sorry for a mistake, and it takes even more for Kevin to throw an arm of help out afterwards thats why so many people jumped to defend this site and Kevin , you just can't find a better place on the web .

Jim
Old 02-25-09, 06:10 PM   #21
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I'm not a religious person, but I honestly feel that it took a lot of guts for CC to come back on the board and apologize for his comments, and then added a personal explanation that led up to his post.

I'm also pleasantly surprised at how Kevin handled this whole situation. Never once posting in the original thread, yet allowing all of us the opportunity to voice our concerns, opinions, and even express our frustrations. I'm sure that he has read every single post and decided that it wasn't the appropriate time to close that thread. And by doing so he gave CC the time to compose himself and come back on here. Only then did Kevin post, and his post was out of a genuine concern for CC rather then for himself.

While I haven't been here for very long, it's clear that Kevin is a very special person.
Perfectly said, Joel!
Old 02-25-09, 06:39 PM   #22
bamabassman

ccbass, i too am gonna give you another chance buddy. and like kevin and the rest offer my ear, hand and heart out to you. like it has been stated here, WE ARE A FAMILY. trust me pal. my wife went through a kidney transplant just 7 months ago. i ALMOST lost her TWICE that horrible friday night. i get teary eyed now thinking back on it.
BUT THESE FOLKS HERE HELPED ME GET THROUGH IT!! everyone here prayed for us, and the GREAT AND ALL POWERFUL GOD heard their prayers. she is doing just fine now. going on 8 months now. we had a few bumps along the way. but she is just fine now. (although i made a mistake recently with another thread i posted, again gang....very sorry for missleading ya'll).
anyway, we all know what it is like in this state of the world today. i am watching my father who is 72 having to go back to work just so he doesn't lose his house, mom had generative artheritis and dieabeties (on the pump). and it is very hard to see when i am not able to help him out. he had this business for over 30 years, sold it and was supposed to live off the subsidies he hasn't gotten in 4 years. so he had to take it over again.
anyway, what i am saying is i knw how toughit is to have your own business and watch it fail. BUT... it ain't the end of the world i PROMISE. there is something out there that is tailered just for your expertise. i am working a job that i just can't stand. hate each and every day i have to go to it. i wish i had the guts and nerve to at least TRY what you did. but i have always been afraid cause of watching my dad over the years.
so...look at it like this. as EDISON said before he invented the light buld, he found over a thousand ways NOT to make a light bulb before he found the way TO make it.
we here will give you all the help we can, cheer you up and kick you in the arse (you seen that one,lol). and if you are ever this way, give me a call, we'll load up in the boat and solve the worlds problems while we try to find that wall hanger.
and this is for KVEIN, you are definetly the man buddy. this is another reason i have so much RESPECT for this man and site. and the folks here have it as well. you'll see ccbass, we can and will help you when we can and you let us.

GOD BLESS AND BASS DREAMS WITH TIGHT LINES.
Old 02-25-09, 06:43 PM   #23
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

honestly, CCbass, I did not think we'd ever see you here again, especailly not to apologize. Everyone does make stupid mistakes, and I forgive you for what your said. I do agree with Zook though, this is the first small step to redeem yourself.

I myself am sorry about what I said to you, but you must understand like Bob Smith said, we all took offense at the things you said.

This is a great group of people here, and next time you feel the need to vent, start a post and let us know whats going on, we'll help you get through it.

BB
Old 02-25-09, 10:00 PM   #24
brushhog

CC - Well done my friend, apologizing is never easy. Remember, tough times don't last; tough people do! This is a great place to weather the storm...
Old 02-26-09, 02:27 AM   #25
WTL

The way this board works, you have to really earn respect. Or in your case, earn it back. An apology is only one step of that process, but it was a good start.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.