Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-08, 07:34 PM   #26
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Theres this one pond that is feature-less in my area. A fellow caught a 6 lber and several others have caught decent size bass from this pond. The pond is no bigger than 1/2 an acre. You can probably cast across it, all that I know is that there is something that is helping these fish to grow. Panfish perhaps.
Old 04-06-08, 09:28 PM   #27
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

that and the fertilizer the grass cutters add to the lawns i believe.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 04:11 PM   #28
DOUGER
BassFishin.Com Member

We took the boys to the no cover pond yesterday and didn't have any luck. I tried just aboutmy entire tackle box again and the only thing I caught was a carp, and I think it was an accidental catch, I hooked him on his top fin! HAHA!

I could see some nice size bass trolling around but they just totally ignore everything that was put in the water.

We'll see how it goes next weekend, water should be warming up around here now that we are in the 70's finally.
Old 04-07-08, 04:15 PM   #29
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Keep trying Douger, you'll eventually catch some nice ones. Maybe some of the guys can give oyu some advice about some sight fishing lures... I hear the baitmonkey... :d

BB
Old 04-07-08, 04:18 PM   #30
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
... I hear the baitmonkey... :d

BB
That's not normal!?!? Darn!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 07:28 PM   #31
DOUGER
BassFishin.Com Member

I stopped out there today after work, nothing biting at all. Was actually three other guys fishing and nobody had got anything.

I am thinking it still needs to warm up here for the bass to start hitting in that pond.

Keep going at it, gonna prolly head up to Alum Creek this weekend with a buddy, wish me luck!
Old 04-10-08, 09:10 PM   #32
bamabassman

that's the ticket, keep on trying.
Old 04-11-08, 02:21 PM   #33
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Douger, good luck at Alum. As for the water needing to warm up, that may not be the case. we've been getting fish up here sine ice-out. I'd try a suspending jerkbait like Rapala's Husky Jerk or Smithwick Suspending Rattling Rodue.

Translucent colors like Rapala's Class Clown color, or shiny colors like Black Chrome on sunny days and regular painted colors like Chartreuse Grape or Fire Tiger on cloudy days.

BB
Old 04-12-08, 07:47 AM   #34
DOUGER
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't know what he is using up on Alum, but he says he has been yanking in Crappie like you wouldn't believe.

The only bad thing is he is a mail carrier so I gotta wait for him to deliver the mail before we can head out.

I got some new pop-r's I am going to try out today also.

Wish me luck.
Old 04-12-08, 09:03 AM   #35
JB

we live west of alum creek douger, the water temp is way to cold for a popR,
try getting a mann's-1 crankbait or throw a bandit100 series. I'd crank or throw a worm in this kind of weather...its going to be a high of 40ish all weekend n rain, bring the rain gear!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 01:57 PM   #36
DOUGER
BassFishin.Com Member

I just bought these and wanted to play around with them, didn't know they were good for warm water. Doesn't look like we are going out anyway, with the wind and cold he doesn't really want to go out.

Guess I will play bass angler on the game cube instead
Old 04-16-08, 04:33 PM   #37
DOUGER
BassFishin.Com Member

Same stuff, different day. Last time I went there I at least could see some bass swimming around in the clear water. Yesterday it was a little murky and cooler, didn't see a thing and no bites whatsoever. If the weather holds I may take the boys up there this weekend. Gonna have to take some minnows to see if they will hit that at least.
Old 04-16-08, 08:22 PM   #38
bamabassman

hey douger, try a crawfish soft bait. use it like a worm, but make it jump some. oh and hokk it BACKWARDS from what you'd normally hook it. read that in an article recently. and go slow. tell me if that works.
Old 04-17-08, 07:00 PM   #39
DOUGER
BassFishin.Com Member

I'll have to give it a try Bama, I may even try the old jig-n-pig and see if they go for that. Couldn't be much worse than what we are trying now.

We went again tonight and no luck. I did have one bite but I was being distracted by the 7 year old rifling through my tackle box and was too late to react.

The wife and I are heading to the hocking hills Memorial Day weekend, we rented a cabin for our anniversary and will probably hit Rose Lake and maybe Deer Creek that weekend for some fishing. Anyone around here gonna be out there that weekend?
Old 04-17-08, 10:37 PM   #40
bamabassman

good luck and happy anniversary!!! hope ya'll have many more.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.