Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-08, 09:00 PM   #1
twigass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default drop shot

hey guys i want to try something new to me this year which is the drop shot. so any pointers would be mighty thankful. all i really know about it is the way to tie the hook on. sinker size, bait and color, hook size. the lakes i fish are mostly weedy with other cover. and lastly where and when should i use this tech. oh and any line preference.
twigass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-08, 09:13 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i tie a 3/8 bell sinker and then anywhere from 18-30 inch leader depending on the amount of vegetation, then tie a hook at the desired depth.
I fish a 4 inch zoom ring worm.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-08, 01:30 AM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

one thing i learned recently is don't be affraid to let it set still. a lot of people will tell you to gently twitch it a little and at times that will work. but a guy in my club explained to me that the hardest thing for a bass to ignore is something sitting in their face and not moving (staring them in the eyes i guess you could say) he said it is like it's challenging them and they can't take it. i have got more bites like this than i ever have any other way i have fished a dropshot.
Old 03-18-08, 11:51 AM   #4
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I thorw the crap outa the dropshot here in NorCal! It is a deadly effective way to fish. Carolina said it perfectly that a bass cant stand it when it just sits there. Out here its called "deadsticking" You can deadstcick anything fro rip baits to swimbaits and everything in between. The drop shot is an incredibly versatile way to fish. From vertical fishing in 50+ ft of water to bedfishing in 12 inches of water. All depends on how you want to fish it.

I use the Lamiglas dropshot special and pfluger medalist reel. My reel is spooled with 20lb power pro with either 8-10lb seagar floro. I "prefer" to use size 2 circle hooks with weight that are no more than 1/4. Maybe a little heavier if need be!!!

Colors of worms are you preference. What you have confidence in!
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 09:05 PM   #5
twigass
BassFishin.Com Member

thanx guys helps me out a little like i said never done it before so going to try it as soon as the ice breaks.
twigass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 02:31 AM   #6
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Here is a link to a good thread about your inquiry:

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ight=Drop+Shot

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.