Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-12, 11:50 AM   #26
Team9nine
BassFishin.Com Member

Love 'em - I've got 5 ML outfits I use a lot. Shakyhead, dropshot, wacky rig, hair jigs, small tubes, small cranks (#5 Shad Rap, etc.), pre-rigged worms. Lots of uses. A fantastic numbers outfit, though like everything else, it needs to be properly matched to the cover and bait you're using. I caught well over 2,000 bass last year, and over half of those came on the ML outfits. Most times I using braid with a floro leader, so hooksets haven't been a problem. Neither has losing fish or breaking off.

-T9
Team9nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 07:13 PM   #27
finessefishin
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a couple 7' ML spinning rods which I use quite a bit. The lakes I fish are small and heavily pressured so I am used to using small 1/16oz finesse baits on 6lb test. I haven't noticed a problem setting the hook and I haven't had any problems fighting big fish even in heavy cover. Last year I caught a bass close to 8lbs with a 6lb test ML spinning combo, and I had to get it out from the sunken tree it was hiding in. You just have to take your time fighting the fish and eventually you will get used to it.
finessefishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 12:01 PM   #28
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfish View Post
I agree, I love fishing weightless plastics with a spinning rod/reel. Although I usually prefer M over ML with flukes and senkos.
Anybody else ever sling a wacky rigged senko off the hook with a baitcaster? One of the worst bird's nest I've ever had in adulthood.

The worst I've ever seen was a guy that was fishing about 40 feet away from me on the bank. He hooked a low hanging tree branch on the backswing...... I actually HEARD the birdsnest from that far away..... wszzzz was the general sound of it. It looked like a '70s hairdo.......

And I actually fish with a ML a fair bit. It adds a lot to the fight with a decent sized bass I find.
WallStreetAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.