Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 02-28-14, 01:04 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default Geting neutered.....

..or..... half the man I used to be (what was that cartoon that always had 2 titles? Was it Sherman and Peabody (which is now a movie)?
Or was it Rocky and Bullwinkle? Wasn't a fan....

For anyone who has thought about it...IS thinkin about it....this is for you.

Obviously, any time we think of a knife and our cajones....we hide in the nearest closet and cry ourself to sleep.

Ol Mallen is here to give you the lowdown
Ol Mallen is a pretty descriptive name, on this subject lol.

First, there's the consultation, where they make sure you REALLYREALLYREALLY wanna do this. Now.....common sense should tell anyone asking that question.....that it has been thought out....sometimes even with tear filled eyes...no man is gonna enter a neutering clinic on a dare....

The Dr came in...asked me how old I was (even though it's right there in front of him)....

Me-45
He-Do you have any kids?
Me-I have a 22 year old daughter and a 4 year old granddaughter

That ended the consult

So this morning (way too early after the murdered kitten/gf gettin the hell out), I went to the clinic.

You will get a shot in the balls, to numb the pain.
There is STILL some pain. I have a very high pain tolerance, but it still hurt pretty bad on half a dozen occasions.

BUT! It is tolerable, and the hurts you wil feel, don't last long at all.
The entire procedure lasted probably 15 minutes.
Once it's over, there is zero pain.

I was clipped n snipped less than 4 hours ago, and I can't even tell they did anything, pain wise.

It did cost me like 450, since I hadn't met my insurance deductible for the year lol

Just a heads up. If I can keep only 1 person from paying 18 ears of child support, it was all worth it
Old 02-28-14, 09:18 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

He said "just a heads up" after he got it snipped.
Old 02-28-14, 09:47 PM   #3
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
He said "just a heads up" after he got it snipped.
LMAO!!!!
Good call!
Old 03-02-14, 01:14 AM   #4
keithdog

Been through it myself. My sister was a nurse at the office I had it done at in fact. When I walked into the room for the procedure, there was a banana with a couple plums laying there with a knife sliced into the banana. My sister has a sense of humor. lol Mine turned out ok, but the pain was awful for 3 days. Everything turned black and blue. But it was well worth it.
Old 03-02-14, 01:28 AM   #5
MallenManson

Keith, I love your sister already! That is funny!!!

I've had a lil discomfort, but not much pain at all.

I bought 2 bags of frozen corn ahead oftime (everyone says peas but I hate peas!) but haven't pulled out a single bag.
Haven't even taken the 2nd percoset.

My pain tolerance is very high though. Probably started when a german shepherd gnawed on my face at 4 lol
Old 03-03-14, 08:26 AM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I had this done back in 09 after my third son.

During the consultation prior to the birth, the doc asked my wife if she wanted her tubes tied. She said I've done my part, but he will be needing an appointment.

They put me under for mine, barely put me under. My wife told me the they took me back and the doc was back in about 30 minutes. He said, Mrs. Elkins, he is doing good, but we did have a scare. He woke up during the procedure, sat up, and had a gleam in his eye like he was about tear the place apart. He said, thankfully the nurse was there with mask and got it back on him and laid him back down. He told me later that even though he had the scalpel, he didn't know whether to cut me or cut out hahahaha.

I remember being uncomfortable on the way home so I look down to find a medium jock strap on my #240 man package. But they said keep them secure. I was uncomfortable all day long between doses from the anesthetic. I got up to go pee the first time and I'm examining the area. Remember, this jock strap is tighter than the generals hat band. I was looking and the strap slipped off my thumb and popped me right in the goods. I almost threw up when I saw the blood and fluid. I cleaned up and returned to my chair. Requested a bad of ice and all has been good ever since. About the only discomfort I had for a while was going for a deep scratch and nicking the tubes where they were cut.
Old 03-03-14, 09:36 AM   #7
lilmule

Could be worse fellas be shooting blanks in the first place,bright side once word got out and I dunno how got to shoot a lot,the down side no kids or grandkids.
I got married late in life but with no idea of divorce or seperation,apparently unlike many would gladly pay for 18 years to have a minature replica.
So their are two sides to every coin.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 01:20 PM   #8
bassboogieman

I had it done in ancient times - 1981 - after the birth of my daughter. Male neutering was easier than the female version. But I was awake and had TWO shots as each gonad is done individually. The first shot hurt a bit, knowing the second needle was coming was pretty difficult for me to allow - but one nut uncut is as bad has having both working, so I had to man up. But the worst thing was going back a couple weeks later to make sure the connection was effectively severed, it can be embarrassing. TIP - do NOT ask the nurse if she will help obtain the sample.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 11:51 AM   #9
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I had it done while in the military. Just before getting married. I hate kids, and wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any ... on purpose or otherwise.
So, I had to explain myself to:
My commanding officer, the doctors and the chaplain. ALL of them kept trying to convince me that I would want children later in life. I told them all the same thing.
The only reason I would want a child ... In a "Mad Max" situation, it'd be a source of fresh meat.
They all signed off on the procedure, although the chaplain tried to get me into a psychiatrist for some reason.
The procedure went like Boogieman's ... I was awake, the shots hurt a bit, the healing went fairly unnoticed.

My worst recollection was my fiances recommendation for shaving the area. No one's mentioned that you have to be clean shaven. (Well, you did when I got mine done.)
Fiance said, "We could just use hair remover instead of a razor." I, being totally ignorant of such things, said, "Sure!"
It got rid of the hair ... but every fold and seam of loose skin got burned. I had a chemical burn spider web across my entire scrotum that took about two weeks to heal. THAT'S a pain and an ITCH I don't ever want to feel again !!!
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 09:57 PM   #10
MallenManson

Lol some funny stuff in this thread.

lilmule, my 18 years of child support comment was geared toward the accidental one night fling...or a girl you didn't really care about.

I love my daughter to death, for the record ; )

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.