Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-31-06, 02:18 PM   #1
treehugger8
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to treehugger8
Default Whats wrong???

Idk what im doing wrong but i cant seem to catch any fish. Iv tried nearly all the other rigs and what not but cant catch them. I had a few bites this morning on a drop shot rig and on a carolina rig but they dont hit it hard enough or arent taking it in far enough into there mouth because i cant even get the hook to set. Please help me thanks
Woody
treehugger8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 05:39 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

when that happens to me i usually change colors. sometimes a slight change will make a huge difference. for example the other night my wife and i were throwing plastic worms, i was using solid black and she was using black with red flake and she was killing me. after i swallowed my pride and admitted she was actually on to something i changed to the same worm she was using (but i did it without letting her see me) and i started catching fish too. also going to a smaller offering will help at times. hope this helps and good luck!
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 11:29 PM   #3
treehugger8
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to treehugger8

Ok thanks ill try that
treehugger8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 11:33 PM   #4
lizardsrule

Get rid of the frog, and tie on a lizard t-rigged weightless and throw it the same places. Your hookups will go through the roof, and your bites might too.

Lizards
Old 06-04-06, 12:19 PM   #5
zooker

first off tree try it early in the morning the water temp here this morning was 76 at 3am by 10 am it was a balmy 83. the bites are early and shut off when the sun hits the water. after 9am hit shaded spots.. the bite dies just like it does every year during the summer. i belive the fish pull off the bank and sit in cooler/deeper water. they may still bite just it is much harder to get them to do so..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.