Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-11, 01:50 PM   #26
mrmuskie5
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Drop shot or better (bubba shot) "drop shot on heavier tackle" can be a awesome bed fishing tactic. just cast past the bed then drag it over until the bait is hovering over the bed. now you can keep it there till momma bites.
mrmuskie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 08:43 PM   #27
Lunker-Hunter
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for all the tips. I read this thread tonight and I decided to head out to a local pond to try out the drop shot. Oddly enough I caught a LM bass when untangling my line at my rod tip. I started to untangle and felt a little tug. I kept pulling the line and to my surprise I hooked into this guy. I know he/she isn't that big but I would reckon its pretty big for the pond I fish at. Later on I hooked into another bass but he shook the hook just as I was about to land him. I was using a zoom finesse june bug worm.

Lunker-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 07:58 AM   #28
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Iowa Basser,

You mentioned getting a couple bites.....but not catching. If your selected lure is not scented, you may wish to do so. I've used a product for years and it's not let me down yet.
It's a garlic spray from www.garlicvalleyfarms.com

It's a particularly potent spray made of cold pressed liquid garlic.....not roasted....

The company number in CA. is 1 800 424 7990 if you can't find it in the grocery. Two to three spritzes in a baggie of soft plastics is plenty....just spray and mush about. They used to charge three dollars for shipping no matter how many bottles you order. Great spray, contains sea salt as well and being water based will penetrate the plastics well.

Tip....after spraying a few baggies, re seal and float them on a bucket or sink of hot tapwater for a half hour........will penetrate the plastics even better.

If you need to order and can't find it on the grocery shelves, try the toll free as they used to ship direct from the factory. Good Fishing, Mac

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.