Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-28-12, 12:14 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Got my all-around spinning rod set-up, what line

it is an okuma stratus,on a 7 MH vendetta, mainly for T-riggin, with some jerks baits, and light spinnerbaits and chatters. i was thinking 10 mono, then tried to line it with fluro, dear lord, that wasnt a good ideal, i did mono back and when i release the fluo, it is like it over laps and twists, nevr had a birds nest in a spinning reel untill today, maybe some light braid, have some fireline for my weightless reel, maybe try it for this, what is your opnion... again this will be mainly for T-rigged
Old 02-28-12, 12:33 PM   #2
DVT Mike
BassFishin.Com Active Member

20# Power Pro or braid of your choice, with a leader only where absolutlely necessary (mussel beds..) No memory, cast a mile, and plenty strong. I wouldn't mess with fluoro over 8# on a spinning reel unless it was a really large spool almost saltwater size reel.
Old 02-28-12, 12:47 PM   #3
wallywallace

alright sounds good to me, thanks
Old 02-28-12, 02:11 PM   #4
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

What lb FC did you use? I use 10lb FC for my 2 tube rods and don't have any issues. Also, what type of FC did you use? I stick with Seaguar.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 03:21 PM   #5
wallywallace

i am gonna get hate, well gf got it for me about a month ago, 12 lb viscious Fluro, have heard people ##### about how bad it is, i gave it the ole collage try, as said above it unravals everytime i open the bell..
Old 02-28-12, 05:26 PM   #6
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Braid with a leader works and uni to uni knots are easy to tie. So dont be shy of a braid. In my opinion Viscious is the worst line period! Just my opinion.
There also numerous less memory FCs out there and the Floro hybrids also are nice. I use Parallelium, small diameter, litterally no memory even when fishing cold water. Good abrasion resistance, long casts along with long life.
If you don't use line conditioner you may want to try it. Can make alot of FCs into almost momo handle condition. I'm probably wrong but I think Floros popularity amongst us weekenders and line conditioner coincide?

Couple of notes.
If you texas rig weightless, the fall on braid is alot more suttle which can be advantagest. But can be just the opposite for flukes and jerkbaits. (may ride higher in water column or tend to pull suspended upwards)
$19 for 240 yds.
I don't know any retailer that handles Para., so this probably will have to be an online purchase.
But if you use backing already, not a problem.
I actually had a reel strung up with 10lb Para. and after use for six months sat for 8 months and I used it with no problems. I'm not recomending this lack of relining cause I usually reline all my reels. Just saying.
There is still less memory in braid though.
In my opinion its the best Floro to use on spinning gear.

Lastly, I may be the only guy here who uses the Lake Fork Parallelium, what that tells you...I don't know. But I thought it maybe worth mentioning.
Old 02-28-12, 05:51 PM   #7
wallywallace

thanks for all the imput, but i think i will get the Ppro, thanks again guys, i gotta admit, i would bet money on yalls knowledge.. for a split second i was think that braid would be bad since it float, DUH.. anyway it will be nice to just sit back and T-rigged some pumpkin and other zoom stuff,, was thinking i only fish T rig once last year, was too busey with other stuff

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.