Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 11-27-08, 05:05 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fished awhile yesterday.

It was a nice day....Air temps in the mid 60's, with water temps showing around 51-52 degrees....Gorgous afternoon and sunset, even though I never got a bite.....it still beat sitting at home or workin in the shop....lol. As always I took a few pics while I was out and thought i'd share a few of the better ones.....enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-26-2008-Lakepics.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2889   Click image for larger version

Name:	11-26-2008-Sunset.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	2890   Click image for larger version

Name:	11-26-2008-Sunset2.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	2891   Click image for larger version

Name:	11-26-2008-Sunset3.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	2892  
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 06:54 PM   #2
Earl Marshall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

They ain't nothing like being out on the lake. Beautiful Pictures
Earl Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 06:54 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

VERY nice pics 66. LOVE the stumps and smooth water. sorry you didn't get bit pal.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 07:37 PM   #4
woody

You'll get'em next time!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 07:49 PM   #5
JB

thanks for the neat pics!

nothing like being on the lake when the suns setting or rising
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 08:49 PM   #6
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Ain't Arkansas Beautiful !! what lake is that KF?

btw...i notice the shirt in your avatar...what do ya ride? 04 fatboy here. there are several of us on here who have bikes.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 09:26 PM   #7
66KingFisher

Lowrider that is a small lake not far from Mena called Wilhelmina lake...named after the Wilhelmina state park that sits atop nearby Rich mountain here in the Ouachitas. Its somewhere around 200 acres....nuthin big by any means but its only 15 minutes from the house and has about everything a bass angler wants from a body of water...shallow...deep...structure....stumps by the hundreds...and best part....there's seldom anyone fishin....on a busy day you'll see 4-5 other boats on the water and half of them are catfisherman.....a day like yesterday we were the only boat on the water for the longest....finally had another bass fisherman show up about dusk to fish the last hour of daylight....no jet skis....no pleasure boaters....nothin but serenity and a few eagles flyin overhead. The locals say this lake gets alot of fishing pressure but I sure don't see it.....this little lake has alot of nice qualities about it and I figured if I can learn to catch bass here I can learn to catch'm anywhere...lol. It does seem that most of the bass fisherman around here won't waste their time on this little body of water when they can be sittin on lake Ouachita in less than an hour....one of these days i'm gonna have ta get over there and see what all the fuss is about....hehehe....I've yet to fish that lake.

And Yes.....Arkansas is beautiful, its no wonder they call it "the Natural state".....We moved down here about 8 yrs ago from Tulsa and i've never regreted it.

That is a Harley shirt i'm wearin in that picture but I've never owned one.....I'm a biker from way back and i'm currently in the process of building an old school chopper out of an 81 Honda 650 custom we purchased off Ebay....a chop is just something i've always wanted.....my cousin is doing all the metal work and since I've been doing custom paintjobs on motorcycles as a hobby for many years, i'll be doing all the paint work.....I actually specialize in doing custom airbrushing on bikes and helmets so when I say custom paint i'm talking about full blown airbrushed murals and such. If your interested in seein some of my older work you can view some stuff at www.angelfire.com/ok/airbrushdesigns i'm in the process of building a new website and haven't bothered to post any pics of my newest work on the old site, but you'll get an idea of what I do when i'm not fishin....lol. Its nice to know we got more bikers on here....I love bikes and love to ride and Lord knows we got some of the best bikin roads in the country right here in Arkansas.....I could ride nothing but the scenic Talimena drive and be a happy camper....hehehe.....best part of that is, it only takes me about 2 minutes to be on it and headed up Rich mountain.

PS....i'm always on the lookout for a fishin partner(the guy I fish with doesn't bass fish)so if any of ya'll fish my neck of the woods, hollar and lets go hawg huntin.

Last edited by 66KingFisher; 11-27-08 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-27-08, 09:37 PM   #8
lowrider

cool...when i get ready to flame the fatboy the real fire on that old nash is what i was thinking.

i rode the talimena last year for the first time, i rate it right up there with hwy 7 and almost as good as the Pig Trail. awesome part of the state you live in.

go fish ouachita, i hear it'll make you rethink your strategy beacause it's so clear. if i'm not mistaken it's rated as one of the cleanest lakes in the country. no develompment surronding it contributes to that. if you wanna take a road trip to one of our newest "trophy" lakes do some research on Lake Monticello in my corner. it's only 15 min from my place, come on down and i'll show you where the stumps are. won't promise a fish but i can get you around without putting a hole in you boat
Old 11-27-08, 10:15 PM   #9
66KingFisher

Yeah man, just let me know when your ready to do something on your bike....i'd be glad to help....I just finished doing a Ghostrider themed fatboy for a guy thats got some of the "real fire" on it also....looks alot better on a black bike then on that red car.....unfortunately they damaged the rear fender already so i'm in the process of painting a new one as we speak....this bike is going to make some magazine features, which will be cool....i'll dig up some pics if ya want?

I heard about that clear water......that would cause ya to change up the way I normally fish.....I'd read about the fact that lake is surrounded by national forest that there was no development on the lake....nothing but prestine nature.....just my kinda lake...lol. I watched a program on fishin Monticello.....they pulled up at the crack of dawn to find a masive line of bass boats waiting to get to the ramp.....took them something like an hour and half to get their boat in the water.....lol....I couldn't believe it....that was crazy.....but they do claim the next state record largemouth will most likely come from Monticello so I guess I see the draw to that lake.

At some point in time i'll get on the Ouachita....I hear to many nice things about it, and its not that far from the house....I also think i'd like to fish Millwood lake.....its not too far south of me and from what i've seen of it on some fishing programs its a good lookin hole of water with alot of cypress trees in it......looks really fishy if ya know what I mean....hehehe. I figure you got lots of cypress down in your neck of the woods too right? Lots of them flooded swampy lookin areas down there? Places were the Boggy creek monster lives....lol. I tell ya....the thought of goin to a place like Monticello thats known to have trophy sized bass is sure inticing.....maybe one day i'll get there.
Old 11-27-08, 10:23 PM   #10
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Man do i enjoy those pics..Thanks
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 10:28 PM   #11
lowrider

if we don't have the record in monticello it cause he's swimming in millwood. aside from the size they are very similar. lots of flooded timber. i've never seen mont that busy but for a 1500 acre lake it sure sees it's share of traffic. millwood on the other hand is 26,000 acres. heck, i'd be lost on something that big
Old 11-27-08, 10:36 PM   #12
66KingFisher

Heck I had no idea Monticello was that small.....I was under the impression it was a big hole of water....in fact I would've guessed just the opposite about those two lakes.....I hadn't looked at any stats on either of those lakes so I had no idea....learned somethin new....thanks. Speakin of gettin lost on the water....that would almost be my fear on Ouachita...from the pictures i've seen its lots of islands and forest....nothing to use as reference.....every turn probably looks the same...i'd be lost...lol.

PS....Thanks for all the kind comments about the pics.....I sized them to 1024x768 so they'd fit most large monitors, so feel free to save a copy and use it as your desktop wallpaper image if you want.
Old 11-28-08, 06:26 PM   #13
bamabassman

66kingfisher now THAT is some AWESUM paint work buddy. sure wish you were closer to me, i'd get you to redo my cajun bass boat. but then again.... you may not want to paint what i'd want on it,lmao. see as you can tell from my avatar i am a big time BAMA fan, hahahaha. maybe one day i can afford to do it.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-08, 06:54 PM   #14
carolina-rig-01

great pics kingfisher, i really like the bottom one a lot
Old 12-01-08, 03:52 AM   #15
66KingFisher

Thanks for the compliments Bama....ain't never painted a bass boat but i've thought about it....have painted on a few outboard engine cowlings though.

Paint'n your BAMA logo wouldn't bother me none.....i'm unbiased when it comes to football teams since i'm one of the few guys that don't watch it. Never got to play sports as a kid so I guess I never developed an interest in it.

Glad everyone's enjoying the photos....I enjoy takin them.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.