Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-30-09, 07:21 PM   #1
shakey head
BassFishin.Com Member

Unhappy live well trouble

Hey Ya'll, need some help....I have a 2003 Nitro 700LX and my livewell valve will no shut off completely...I have a control for it below the throttle, one way is empty, the other is auto...in the auto position it should not allow the water to drain out..I have worked the valve by hand and it seems to move freely but still won't shut the flow off..can anyone help? how hard would it be to get this valve out and check it more thoroughly??? any help would be appreciated....God bless
shakey head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 02:11 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

you might just have some fishing line or something that is stuck in the valve that is not letting it open or close all the way. i think that it is a pretty easy fix if this is the case but don't know how to tell you to do it. you could probably call a dealership and they could talk you through it.

someone on here will probably be more help so just hang in there.
Old 05-01-09, 08:06 AM   #3
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Put a water hose to the drain fitting and flush the water back into the live well . That should clean out the valve so that it will work . I do that every so often to my Ranger . Seems to help keep mine clear.
Keep on crankin , Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 03:19 PM   #4
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Back flushing souds like a good idea to me ,maybe get some help and worrk the valve as you are flushing.Take a pic of the valve if you can I have a brand new one on my shelf I can make you a deal on if it is the same.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.