Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-28-04, 12:04 AM   #1
steveS
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to steveS
Default what kinda carpet

i was wondering i just got a knew boat it is a 16.6 foot alum boat and it needs to be recapted and i was wondering what type of carpet would be besti was thinking the indoor outdoor . and what kind of plywood would be best treated or regular. Or would it be worth the money to just get it rhino lined
steveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-04, 01:20 PM   #2
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd
Default Re: what kinda carpet

Is this a jon boat type boat? Are you going to deck it?

If that's the case, exterior grade plywood is good enough. Treat it with something like Thompson's water seal, and it will last long enough, and if you have to replace it you'll already know how.

Carpet can be about anything you want. I got a cheap piece from Dollar General store that I cut to fit my boat. I paid 20 bucks for it. If it wears out tomorrow, I'll buy another piece.

If you want to do it right, go to BassBoatCentral.com . Look at their sponsor list on the homepage, you'll find a link to company called "boatcarpet.com" or something like that. Check them out. Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's both sell boat carpet too.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-04, 02:22 PM   #3

Default Re: what kinda carpet

I just did my boat, and I bought my carpet from Lowe"s. I got the indoor/outdoor. Cost me about $50.00 to replace. a good glue to use is 3M super 77.

Good luck and enjoy Danny

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.