Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 11-23-11, 11:40 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My new read

Started new book, heres the first paragraph:
Being a true fisherman is more than tossing crankbaits, tying flies or bottom-fishing smelly baits. It is a ancient and time-honored ritual. It is the bestowing of fishing secrets collected over the decades and passed from parent to child. It is the sharing with others the fish tales of a lifetime, often embellished, always heartfelt.
Fishing is challenging, inspirational, spiritual--it embraces the essence of life. Fishing nurtures relationships and defines roles. It consoles and heals. Fishing is a reflection of what we are and who we want to be. It teaches patience, provides reachable goals and rewards those who educate themselves in the way of nature--or who simply get lucky. Few other activities posses the power to help mold young lifes while adding untold pleasures to our own.
And perhaps most noteable: Fishing is Fun!

Reminds you of why we really do it!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-11, 12:10 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Started new book, heres the first paragraph:
Being a true fisherman is more than tossing crankbaits, tying flies or bottom-fishing smelly baits. It is a ancient and time-honored ritual. It is the bestowing of fishing secrets collected over the decades and passed from parent to child. It is the sharing with others the fish tales of a lifetime, often embellished, always heartfelt.
Fishing is challenging, inspirational, spiritual--it embraces the essence of life. Fishing nurtures relationships and defines roles. It consoles and heals. Fishing is a reflection of what we are and who we want to be. It teaches patience, provides reachable goals and rewards those who educate themselves in the way of nature--or who simply get lucky. Few other activities posses the power to help mold young lifes while adding untold pleasures to our own.
And perhaps most noteable: Fishing is Fun!

Reminds you of why we really do it!
Joe, I recommend you read the book "A River Runs Through It," by Norman McLean. Yeah, I know they made a movie out of it, and that's pretty good too, but read the book first. Your imagination fills in the visuals far better than any movie.
Old 11-23-11, 01:46 PM   #3
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

nofearengineer, I actually read it twice, you are right! One of my favorite reads! Actually the movie wasn't bad either. Read it first time quite awhile before the movie was made. Had to re-read before I went to the flick. And now that you bring it up, I think I'll be reading it a 3rd. Thanks, you know how busy I am!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.