Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-10-04, 11:37 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default I'm gonna need a Straight Jacket

Well I've now heard the RUMOR from 3 people that they are gonna be opening either a Cabelas or a BassProShop store within about 20 minutes from my home in Greenwood IN. That's the thing that really bothers me, why the heck doesn't anyone know which it will be and when > I know I might get divorced over it when it does come :-X, but I wanna have a place where I can go get stuff Locally. Dick's is about like it's name, and since they bought out Galyans, the only other choices is Wallyworld, or a Gander Mountain about 1 hr away, and I'm not impressed with Gander at all for fishing stuff, more hunting IMO. I gotta have a real sporting goods store around here soon, or I'm gonna need a straight Jacket for sure. :'( I know it will cost me a lot of money when they show up, but it's better than losing my sanity Of course most of you think I already have lost my sanity :

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 11:42 PM   #2
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default Re: I'm gonna need a Straight Jacket

UNCLE LIZ,

Babbling is the first sign of grey matter degeneration!!!

Jackl
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 11:44 PM   #3
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

Hey Lizards how far are you from Clarksville? http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...amp;storeID=40
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 12:39 AM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

[quote author=JackL link=board=MessBoards;num=1102732651;start=0#1 date=12/10/04 at 21:42:54]UNCLE LIZ,

Â* Â* Babbling is the first sign of grey matter degeneration!!!

Jackl[/quote]

Speaking from experience, Jack?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 10:24 AM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

lizard
think of it this way that bps is 3 times bigger than the average super wally world. also most of the bps shops are attached to a rather large mall. the whole idea is take the wife have her drop you off in front of bps-i am sure you can find your way inside after a few hours droolling on all the new boats. take your time do it redneck style-all day- remember if she takes all of the charge cards bps have there own credit cards -sign up in side the store ;D

let's face guys if the woman in your life is breathing she will go shopping. instead of being dragged in to all of the shoe stores in the mall. just say" if ya need me i will be at bps "

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-04, 01:19 AM   #6
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Actually what Ive done is get employed in Orlando so when I go to BPS my wife is none the wiser. She thinks Im working hard when actually my ambulance is usually in the parking lot. Sanity isn't a bad thing to lose as long as you can fish. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-04, 07:13 PM   #7
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

Lizards,

I know for sure they are building a Gander Mt. with the new Super Wal-Mart at County Line and 65 in Greenwood 2 minutes from my house. My wife is pissed. Just wait if BPS or Cabela's comes to town! I may need to rent a room from you! LOL. I like Gander Mt. because they offer a few different things then Dick's and what Galyan's offered. But Gander Mt. doesn't compare to BPS which I haven't been to yet but I want to get to the Cincy store in January.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 09:23 AM   #8
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

I really dont know how people lived before BPS, I dont know how the rest of you live knowing you dont have one. Man o Man, you guys must go nuts listening to all of us talk about the thousands and thousands of stuff these stores carry, even more so because the on line doesnt cover evrything. Wow from hunting to golf to casual clothing to boating and watersports to oh yeah- lots and lots of BASS FISHING stuff. Oh Im sorry, beginning to drool here. Oh well going there today. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 07:30 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

wipe the drool off the keys hose holder.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 12:14 PM   #10
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Lizards, it was officiallly announced yesterday they are building a BPS about 15 minutes away from me. That's good news for the obvious reasons. That's also bad news for the obvious reasons ;D!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 01:06 PM   #11
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: I'm gonna need a Straight Jacketrds

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=MessBoards;num=1102732651;start=0#9 date=12/18/04 at 10:14:10]Lizards, it was officiallly announced yesterday they are building a BPS about 15 minutes away from me. That's good news for the obvious reasons. That's also bad news for the obvious reasons ;D![/quote]

I'm SOOOOOOOOO Jealous It's OK to go Bankrupt doing what you love, but it sucks doing it hating what you're doing :-*

Liza
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.