Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-19-05, 07:21 PM   #1
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default Re: This will be a very valuable source!!!

BRIAN,

Cant you a$$holes read? This is "TIPS, TRICKS & TECHNIQUES!" If you want to ballyhoo your service, why don't you get down to the "BASS CLASSIFIEDS" section where you belong.
Why is it that every dumb a$$ just comes on this site and blurts out thier product and never get permission from Kevin or pay him his advertising fee? You just think this is a free-bee and you can bypass the expenses. Well, I for one, would not use your service under any circumstance just for that reason. I do not speak for anyone else on this site, but I think we probably all feel the same way about bootleggers showing up here.
Kevin provides this site and we all use it, but someone has to pay the piper, and that is advertisers, or Kevin would not be able to keep this site up. Either pay your share or get the hell off the site!!!

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 07:27 PM   #2
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Dang JackL, I wanted to be the first to say welcome to the board. ;D Belated welcome to the board Tackler tester. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 07:40 PM   #3
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Good to hear from ya Jackl. What he is trying to say is that this site is for bassfishers who talk about bassfishing. We dont need some yahoo trying to cram their product down our throats every time we log on. Most of us support the people who advertise hear. They pay a fee and in turn their product can be mentioned anytime they would like it to be. Also the advertisers know which section of the board to put their posts in. You may have a good site, but Ill have to go w/Jackl on this one. Pay the piper before you preach to the choir. 8)

ps. welcome to the site.
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 07:51 PM   #4
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

I would like to deeply apologize to those who found this post offending or a means of cheatignt the system. I am very sorry to have offended anyone on here. I plan on visiting this site often and sharing my wisdom of bass with the rest of the members on here. If anyone would like I would be glad to delete my post.....I do not want to start any trouble....Again, I am just very excited about my site and want to get some traffic on it. I also thought that you may be appreciative because it is free and will be a great source of info on new gear and tackle for bass. Very sorry and I hope there is no grudge held against me for this. :-[

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 07:53 PM   #5
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

Ummmm............................................. .....JACK......................................... ................................Wellput........... ...............I like the rage and angst in the post. Keep it up. Down with guys who cram $hit down our throats.

And never come back until we tell you to, don't write us we'll write you.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 07:57 PM   #6
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

I think this should be in the Message Board section :
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 08:00 PM   #7
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

Ok I just read JackL's post and I think you were a bit harsh on the guy.. I mean come on everyone knows it doesnt cost a ton to run a website... really I doubt kevins hosting fee's are that expensive probably around 8 dollars a month... really... and we all know he doesnt spend much time on the site if any at all... tackletester if you would repost the site or send it to my PM box I would really like and appreciate it i wanna view the site...
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 08:37 PM   #8
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Same for me. pm me your site. I'm always interested in angler related subjects until they go way overboard on selling stuff that are guarenteed to catch monsters.

Your site url under your name is fine and once people determine what a nice site or product is offered, the rest of us can publicize it.

Welcome, and look forward to you input.

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 09:08 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

the post was a bit harsh. tt pm ur website to me and ill check it out
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 09:43 PM   #10
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

I agree with Jack with the exception of his salutation: it needed a few more addressees.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 09:56 PM   #11
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Like I've said once, i am very sorry to offend you guys. I do see your points Marty, Jack, and ROBZILLA; however, at least I would pry to promote new members and not cuss them out immediately. vThat is just ridiculous and I do not appreciate it. Also, once my site grows, and you try and register for our great info, I will dlete you so fast, you won't know what happens. I promote proper internet etiquette. Your behavior does not approve. I may have been wrong, but send me a PM ro something......Don't embarrass me in front of the members of this site. Don't expect any of my advice on your questions, but i willl tell you, I know more than most on the topic of fishing.

pig_n_jig, RatLTrap, senkosam, and bassfisher02, I greatly appreciate your openmindedness. If you ever need any help, feel free to ask.

Catch em up
Brian
Old 01-19-05, 10:17 PM   #12
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Default IRe: This will be a very valuable source!!!

I kinda feel left out. The apology was nice, and probably would have been well received by most. Unfortunately your follow up post was quite childish and in some terms you basically did to them what you cried about them doing to you. We bust chops on here pretty regularly. Most people laugh and attempt to follow it back up with another laugh. Just like the tough skin that develops when you fish a lot, use it here also for your feelings. Enjoy the site for as long as you are here.
Old 01-19-05, 10:23 PM   #13
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Sorry FlFireMan, I knew I forgot somebody. Again don't want anyone to take this offensively.....just want some peace and quiet.....especially now.... :-/
Old 01-19-05, 10:41 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

tt, i feel that the posts have been harsh. but saying all that in your last post is not going to help. im sure u know alot but everyone here knows something about fishing that others dont. and they share this info when they get it. so saying u know more does offend us and many dont appreciate it. theres is a sort of band between the long time members and when u offend one its like offending us all even tho u arnt trying to offend us. saying stuff like that will just put u on the ignore list when u ask questions. i am just letting u know this for future reference. i am still going to visit ur web site. but try to think of wat i said next time u post.
Old 01-19-05, 10:45 PM   #15
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

BassFisher02, sorry that earlier post was a typo. Meant to say, "I know much about most types of topics in fishing. Sorry about that. Couldn't have a typo come at a worse time. Apologize for that. Just a typo....Trying to go to fast.

Catch em up
Brian
Old 01-19-05, 10:48 PM   #16
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

thats ok. just remember what i said for future reference
Old 01-19-05, 10:53 PM   #17
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

TT. I did the same thingf. Got the same results. ;D
What he means is, there is a proper way to intriduce yourself on the forum, and the proper place for such posts. I learned the hard way too.Either take it on the chin like a man and stay awhile, or tuck your tail and run. Cool your heels, and I think you MAY eventually be welcomed.

Post the proper topics in the proper boards, and all will be well.

I was waiting on JACKL to get ya though. I saw it coming.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 11:01 PM   #18
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

whew.. the fossil got his panties in a bunch. but he has a valid point-as much as i hate to agree with him-tester if your site has the stuff most of us will ogle your stuff.

please excuse his blunt paroxysm. we all know why he did it just thought ky would go off first.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 11:07 PM   #19
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

BassBoss, good to know I'm not the only stupid idiot (not calling you stupid) Again, not meaning to offend anybody, but you guys know the feeling. It's like finding a new lake that is really good. You're so pumped you just want to hurry up and get bad there. Well, it is similar because I am dying to get this site underway.

Zooker, could you please clarify your post. I may just be out of it, but I did not understand. Thank you.

Catch em up
Brian
Old 01-19-05, 11:15 PM   #20
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

doh!! ok
try this "blunt outburst"

sorry forgot got to use lil words on here.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 11:19 PM   #21
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

[quote author=zooker link=board=news;num=1106171698;start=0#19 date=01/19/05 at 21:15:18]doh!! Â* ok
try this "blunt outburst"

sorry forgot got to use lil words on here.

zooker[/quote]

Spoken like a true Red Neck !
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 11:20 PM   #22
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

that JackL always beats around the bush...lol
welcome to our nightmare.it coulda been worse..lol

stupid idiot? .i resemble that remark.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 11:23 PM   #23
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Welcome to the forum, Brian. Â*No biggie-we just have a lot of folks posting here with an advertisement as their first post, and as you can see it doesn't go over very well. Â*To give you a translation of Zooker's post ;D :

Jack got pissed, he agrees with him, and if you have good stuff on your site we'll check it out.

By all means please share your fishing info-get to know us a little and let us get to know you. Â*There are some great folks on this site-glad to have you join us.

Quote:
Spoken like a true Red Neck !
That's our Zooker ;D!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 11:25 PM   #24
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Zook is now becoming one of those high priced rednecks, he's got his own interpreter. 8)
Old 01-19-05, 11:32 PM   #25
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

In all fairness, the tackle testing site idea was originated by Dave White.

http://***************.com

http://***************.com/fissues/index.php

For some reason the site died and few visit or post. Good luck with yours.
My question is, whose input on various fishing related products? How are the products chosen?

I have a message board, but it's only so I can archive pictures of my own creations (NOT FOR SALE) and Â*get ideas or comments from other people. (It's also nice to blow people's socks off sometimes! ;D)

http://www.xsorbit6.com/users/senkos...?board=general

I liked the idea of a free message board and blog site,
(http://senkosam.blogspot.com/), to show off a little and to introduce people to new concepts concerning artificial lures. (In fact, I've been sending people lures to try in spring to see how they work for someone else and for their usage input.)

The art of home-lurecrafted lures and lure design is here to stay and getting bigger, as is examplified by www.tackleunderground.com,(where I am a Â*sponsor).

Again, I have nothing for sale, I just like sharing some pics and experiences like others do on their own personal web sites and on sites such as this.

There are many other sites that have 50 links or more to fishing related sites and no money changes hands. Nothing wrong with that. (Bassdozer's site and The Ultimate Bass Resource site for example.)

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.