Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-17-06, 11:57 PM   #1
punk90218
BassFishin.Com Member

Default storm lures

i bought tat 3 pack of storm wildeye live sunfish, i dont know ho good these are havent got to use them do to weather the past few days.So have any ya used these or have any luck if ya do tell me
punk90218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 06:56 AM   #2
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the board. A few of us are doing some experimenting with the storm swim baits. We have been disussing these for a while now and we thought they would be a good swim bait. I am sure some of us will chime in shortly.
Old 06-18-06, 09:38 AM   #3
m cress
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Welcome to the board. I have been fishing Storms wild eye suspending shad with the single treble hook for the last couple of days. The life-like qualities of this bait are amazing. The swimming action is second to none. However, I have found that smaller fish tend to hit it. Why I don't know. I'm going to use it on the potomac on tuesday, so i'll let you know how it does on a large body of water with a tidal influence. I love storm lures. I remember when their hard plastics first came out. There was NO lure on the market that looked anything like them. The original hot n tots, wiggle warts, and chug bugs are still some of my favorite lures even though other manufacturers have far surpassed storm today, I believe they were the innovators of the huge color/pattern choice available for one lure type.
m cress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 04:49 PM   #4
punk90218
BassFishin.Com Member

thanx for the replies, i should b goin to the lake today so whp knows......
punk90218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 06:52 PM   #5
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad with a single hook. This is a good bait for bigger bass. I use the shad color. 4".
Old 06-18-06, 07:45 PM   #6
m cress

Thats weird you say that Bassnman. I have produced nothin but smaller fish with it at the same body of water as other presentations.
m cress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 12:17 PM   #7
Stick-em

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em

The Storms are some great baits and have tossed a few for lg an small mouths without success but, have had many tell me to down size to 3 and 4 " ones to catch more bass.

Personally I like the Osprey swimbaits in 3 -1/2", 7 and 9" and bigger for largemouth bass fishing freshwater. And can't wait to try the BBZ-1 swimbaits by SRPO when they come out.

When it comes to fishing for saltwater Rockfish [stripers], I'll not give up my 5" storem Wildeyez in mullet and shad colors... they catch more fish than anything trolled to date including some never fail umbrella rigs and parachute rigs. Infact, a lot of charter capts are rigging with storms on umbrellas and parachute rigs now for faster hookups for their customers.

Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.