Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-14-09, 10:06 PM   #1
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Braid

Hey guys I was looking into buying some braid. What kind should I get?
Old 08-14-09, 10:17 PM   #2
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If you can get sufix i would get that but i've also tried fireline braid and power pro and they were pretty good too.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 12:30 AM   #3
DonaldBreland

We had this discussion the other day on here. Some of the guys liked Suffix and some liked stren super braid. I myself prefer stren super braid over any other braid including other braids by stren. Slowly though I am turning towards suffix because of their mono lines and its easier to find where I live. If I had to choose between the two I would go with stren because of the durability. I like the 40lb test the best.
Old 08-15-09, 06:47 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'd say the three most popular braids with the guys are on here are Power Pro, Sufix, and Fireline braid. I've only tried the first two, and both are great, but sufix gets my top pick.

BB
Old 08-15-09, 08:58 AM   #5
Bassboss

I'd go with sufix! I've only used power pro, but I hear sufix is great--better even. So if you have the cash, go with sufix, if you don't, use power pro!
Old 08-15-09, 09:06 AM   #6
toppwatr
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Get powerpro. It works good enough for me. Haven't had any problems with it yet and it isn't super expensive. Have it on baitcaster and spinner and love it on both. You won't feel like going back to mono after you switch.
toppwatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 07:09 PM   #7
Jim80

All i have used is fireline and power pro and have no complaints about either one , though i prefer power pro .

jim
Old 08-16-09, 07:54 AM   #8
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Being a 100% braid user for years on end, my current favorite braid is Sufix Performance Braid over Power Pro.

Power Pro is a 4 strand braided line that is oval, not round. It makes some noise when it goes through your rod guides, & is known for it's tendency to create tip wrap. Sufix Braid is 6 strain braid and is round. Less noise through the tip quide, and tip wrap is almost a thing of the past.

Sufix Braid seems to hold its color better then Power Pro does, but both will bleach to a washed out color over time.

Braid being braid, both are rather stiff when 1st spooled, but generally over a short period of time soften up and continue to get softer as time goes on, making them a little more difficult to control during a power cast. Lack of control via reel and thumb control will led to a dreaded birds nest condition.
Old 08-16-09, 09:54 AM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Being a 100% braid user for years on end, my current favorite braid is Sufix Performance Braid over Power Pro.

Power Pro is a 4 strand braided line that is oval, not round. It makes some noise when it goes through your rod guides, & is known for it's tendency to create tip wrap. Sufix Braid is 6 strain braid and is round. Less noise through the tip quide, and tip wrap is almost a thing of the past.

Sufix Braid seems to hold its color better then Power Pro does, but both will bleach to a washed out color over time.

Braid being braid, both are rather stiff when 1st spooled, but generally over a short period of time soften up and continue to get softer as time goes on, making them a little more difficult to control during a power cast. Lack of control via reel and thumb control will led to a dreaded birds nest condition.
He's exactly right about the 4 and 6 strand thing. Which is exactly why I can't wait to try the new Fireline Braid, which is made with 8 strands.

I've also used the regular fireline (which is not a braided line) and I don't care for it much at all.

BB
Old 08-16-09, 03:55 PM   #10
aikenyounggun

for me #1 is power pro #2 is suffix, you will like either... for baitcaster just get 50lb, for spinnin just get like 30lb ... only 2 you need, maybe 65lb for flippin and pitchin
Old 08-16-09, 04:08 PM   #11
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
He's exactly right about the 4 and 6 strand thing. Which is exactly why I can't wait to try the new Fireline Braid, which is made with 8 strands.

BB
Interested in that when is it gonna be available ?

Jim
Old 08-23-09, 11:31 AM   #12
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

come into the modern world and get the new fireline braid.it looses less color than the others.it is rounder and makes the least noise.i've used the rest now i use the best.
Old 08-23-09, 01:39 PM   #13
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I've only used Suffix Elite and love it!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.