Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-06, 01:08 PM   #1
bassnut
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Unhappy Customer

I finally broke down to buy a bottle of this scent Carolina Lunker Sauce for 12 bucks. Thats right $12 dollars. I like everybody else was fooled into thinking well if it cost more then it probably works better. Yeah right. I tried it for a few hours with no hits at all. Save your money and don't buy what I am calling Carolina Sucker Sauce.
bassnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 02:21 PM   #2
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

that's a shame....betursweetbass and i have been using it for a while now...and we catch alot of fish off it....don't give up on just one try....it might have been your location.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2061.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	484  
Old 06-21-06, 03:12 PM   #3
Fish On
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Fish On

bassintxlady is correct give it another try. I love fish attractants. I use hawg sauce made by crossbow. I am sure some of you know him. I started using his sauce and then became sponsored by him because I loved the sauce so much.
Old 06-21-06, 03:13 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I bought some lunker sauce at bps and have had fish hit all sorts of baits I've been throwing

basslady, nice fish!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 03:59 PM   #5
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

yeah I definitely don't think you can blame the fact that you didn't catch any fish on the scent. Its not a magic potion that just draws fish to you and makes them hook themselves. All the other rules still apply and really a scent is only supposed to make something smell more "lifelike" or more like food to the bass..not turn a lure into an instant fish catcher.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 05:28 PM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

with ken here..
the stuff works trust me i know lizard and myself both use it. thier is no trick to it just put it on and fish it..

the sponge thing puts less than alot of others do on the bait which in reality is just wasted. this in turn allows you to use the same amount stuff longer-had mine 9 moths now-

zooker
Old 06-21-06, 05:59 PM   #7
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

And what were you expecting, smearing the stuff on your bait and fish jumping on it ?
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 08:05 PM   #8
Sluggo Man

My home-made scent is $12 cheaper and a whole lot more Italian.
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-06, 04:22 PM   #9
Stick-em

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em
Thumbs up

BassNut,

They're right just give it more time. I know Russ Cobb, owner of Lunker Sauce personally and like all products, sometimes it's conditions, the scent you purchased and I like Craw and some like the others.

To be honest, I couldn't catch more than pickeral on a fishing trip in PA two years ago and I thought the same thing but I did hook up with some catfish with it one night using the shrimp and shad scent I think it's called. I don't fish enough to use it but, most of Smelly Jelly's Pro Staff were convinced enough to jump ship and bear North Caroline Lunker Sauce patches on their shirts using it on the same brush pile while testing it. Russ said, same lures, line rods, hook etc and NC Lunker Sauce produced the most bites brush pile after brush pile after structure after docks etc. NOTE: I might add, it wasn't Pro Staff money either that made them jump ship in the early stages of their company ...

Don't forget, it's the "ONLY" fish attractant Patented to stay in the water column longer because.................. It's soluble in water and disperses slowly from the soft baits for 20 to 25 minutes after application. The others are mostly oil and float away after soaking them.

Just my 6th "Scents"....
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.