Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 06-21-12, 12:09 PM   #1
Gbassman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default no more tournament fishing for me

I finally gave up on tournament fishing. cleaning out bins and boxes. gonna have all types of lures for sale. gonna focus more on other game fish here in bama. soon as i get an inventory list made you guys will have first dibs!
Old 06-21-12, 01:49 PM   #2
oglejust

thats too bad but ill b watchin close, i can always use more stuff.
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 04:48 AM   #3
Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglejust View Post
thats too bad but ill b watchin close, i can always use more stuff.
Your not the only one if you have any reels your looking to unload im getting into tourny fishing and would love some second hand equipment to ease the pain of buying 4 or 5 new poles.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 08:16 AM   #4
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm not going to say I'm sorry to hear that Jeremy, as that is a personal decision and made based on considerations that are right for you. I've made the same conclusion and fishing for my own pleasure and recreation is what is right for me. Others prefer the competition of tournament fishing and that's just fine with me. You've got a lot of years ahead of you, maybe you'll go back to it if that bug bites you again. At least the "tournament experience" hasn't soured you on fishing totally - it's a great outdoor activity and you have some fantastic water on which to do it. Good luck with your new angle on angling - expand your hunt for various species but with Guntersville your backyard, bass will be waiting for you for sure. HAVE FUN!!!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 10:07 AM   #5
lilmule

Its a decision I also made at least not like as in trail and traveling,sold my allison xb2002 yesterday,sticking with a lil put n take 17 1/2 ft boat and downsizing.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 10:10 AM   #6
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have never fished in a tournement, but always thought it would be fun to try. But I do enjoy fishing for the pure pleasure of the sport, and I know you will as well. Best of luck with your sale.
Old 06-24-12, 12:56 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

If you weren't enjoying tournament fishing then you made the right decision. It's not for everyone, and there is nothing wrong with someone enjoying fun fishing more than they enjoy tournaments. I love fishing tournaments, to the point that it actually makes fun fishing lack in excitement sometimes. But if it ever gets to the point where I don't enjoy it anymore I hope I am smart enough to walk away from it before I lose interest in fishing completely, who am I kidding I could never lose interest in fishing LOL.
Old 06-25-12, 08:59 AM   #8
Gbassman

i love the tourney scene, i joined a club as a co-angler that was recommended by a friend. the boater wanted me to pay his entry fee, all gas and eats on top of my entry fee and eats. i have no problem helping with gas, thats a given. i just wanna have fun and get the elusive double digit guntersville special!
Old 06-25-12, 10:27 AM   #9
bassboogieman

Quote:
the boater wanted me to pay his entry fee, all gas and eats on top of my entry fee and eats
That's crazy. I don't mind helping with "rational" expenses, but that's excessive and certainly out of line, especially on the level of club tournaments. I would have told him to GFH in no uncertain terms. If that is the norm for this club, I don't know how it could attract members in the co-angler catagory. Maybe you should try another club before you turn your back on the tournament thing, if you still have interest and seemingly enjoyed it - other than that dipsh!t's unreasonalbe expectations of someone on the back deck.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 06-25-12 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-25-12, 01:19 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

I agree with Bruce. I would have told that guy that to go to hell, he must think real highly of himself to expect someone to pay all of his expenses just to fish with him. If you still enjoy tournament fishing then find another club and give it another shot.
Old 06-25-12, 10:54 PM   #11
Gbassman

there are no other clubs around here. just have to catch a trip when i can with someone thats going the same. i will say this though, if u ever get a chance to get in a boat with bamabassman, u will not regret it! u dont even realize u are fishing.
Old 06-26-12, 12:15 PM   #12
bassboogieman

Yeah, I hear John sleeps alot.......................... Rip Van Bama........................
But he is GOOD PEOPLE, I would not hesitate fishing with him, I know it would be fun even if no fish were boated.

Sorry to hear you've only one club to choose from in that prime fishing territory you live in. Cripe, I have 3 clubs that fish the same waters here where I live and we don't have a lot of big water nearby, other than the upper Chesapeake that is an hour's drive from here. Reach out in a 30 mile radius from my home and there are at least six bass clubs, so my suggestion was based upon thinking the Guntersville area would support several. I was totally surprised that you said only one to select from, that's too bad. If I'm ever back in the Guntersville area, I'll certainly give you a shout!

Last edited by bassboogieman; 06-26-12 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-26-12, 08:42 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbassman View Post
there are no other clubs around here. just have to catch a trip when i can with someone thats going the same. i will say this though, if u ever get a chance to get in a boat with bamabassman, u will not regret it! u dont even realize u are fishing.
That's insane, I would bet that there are 50+ clubs in this area that fish my local lake.

Have you thought about starting a club? I did it and it isn't hard at all. This is our second season and we have a great group of members and we all have a great time. If you decide that you would like to start a club or at least kick around the idea I will be happy to help you get started if you need any advice.
Old 06-26-12, 09:24 PM   #14
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbassman View Post
i will say this though, if u ever get a chance to get in a boat with bamabassman, u will not regret it! u dont even realize u are fishing.
Holy crap, that is the most unintentionally funny thing I've read in a long time.....
So many one-liners that could go here....
#1. Neither do the fish!
#2. Might as well not be!
Old 06-26-12, 10:38 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Holy crap, that is the most unintentionally funny thing I've read in a long time.....
So many one-liners that could go here....
#1. Neither do the fish!
#2. Might as well not be!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I was going to just pass this up, but you just took the words out of my mouth.

I have had the pleasure of sharing a boat with both bamabassman and MississippiBoy at the same time. And to tell you the truth it was one of the best fishing trips ever. The fishing was pretty good for Daniel and I and John only had two backlashes, but I think the reason for that is because the second one was big enough that it kept him busy for most of the trip LOL. Seriously I know I had fun fishing with those guys and I hope they enjoyed it as well.
Old 06-27-12, 05:37 PM   #16
MississippiBoy

We'll do it again one day, Kory. Caitlyn and Lake need their playdate, too....
Old 06-27-12, 07:28 PM   #17
RAYMAN111
BassFishin.Com Member

Fishing will always be a "fun" and relaxing experience to me. I am in the Tackle Business and walk the line of fun and business. I, too, have had to sell my boat in order to focus on work and family. One experience that I can relate to....like you.....is that I fished a BASS ELITE tourney here on the Calif. Delta. I drew a guy that was at the top of the food chain in ego and nothing to show for it. I am close with a number of Pro Anglers and respect them very much. After getting my draw announcement, I met with him. He looked at me and said "now understand that I am fishing for $100,000 and I need to fish my way." He not only back seated me, but he had the balls to ask me for $150 for gas for the one day. After all was said and done, I told him that my entry fee was partially payed for by one of his sponsors. His eyes were like bowling balls. There are those guys out there and they are well known. We all have stories of these ego idiots. Keep fishing....enjoy the sport. Don't feel that you have to go out and catch fish.....it will happen. When I worked for DAIWA, there was a bumper sticker they made that said....my worst day fishing is my best day off!
RAYMAN111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.