Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-10, 08:58 PM   #1
rangerryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default War Eagle Spinnerbaits

Has any one had problems with the wires on war eagle spinnerbaits breaking? I had one break while I was tuning it last weekend and the next day my dad had one break on a big fish. I am not happy because the two of us just spent about 200 bucks on these things. I am going to be ticked when i break one off on a big fish in a tourney.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 10:03 PM   #2
BassFeverJohn
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryan View Post
Has any one had problems with the wires on war eagle spinnerbaits breaking? I had one break while I was tuning it last weekend and the next day my dad had one break on a big fish. I am not happy because the two of us just spent about 200 bucks on these things. I am going to be ticked when i break one off on a big fish in a tourney.
Man, that sucks. I feel ya'.

Never used one of those before. I tend to use SK & Booyah never had one break on me.
Old 06-04-10, 11:04 PM   #3
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryan View Post
Spinnerbaits break... cold hard truth. Were these brand new ones or had they been used? I used war eagles religiously for the past 3-4 years and the wire on the war eagles hasnt been too weak for me yet. Typically i would say a war eagle is good for about 30 fish before I start worrying about durability, providing of course that i'm not catching big fish ever cast with it... I'd say a spinnerbait can survive about 5 5+ pound fish at the most.

Last edited by TN_Bassin; 06-04-10 at 11:22 PM.
TN_Bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 01:24 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I use War Eagle spinnerbaits probably 95% of the time and I have never had one break on me. And I have several that I have caught tons of fish on, but so far (knock on wood) I haven't had any trouble at all. I would get ahold of War Eagle and see if they will replace them, I imagine they would.
Old 06-05-10, 11:36 PM   #5
bassinbob

I use them and never had a problem with them. I agree with c-rig, contact them and see if they can resolve your problem.
Old 06-06-10, 03:17 PM   #6
ALL
BassFishin.Com Member

Unfortunately they break often. I usually do not use them more the a few times and never use a used one in a tournament. After a few big fish 4-5# plus toss them. If you want a heavier duty unit try the HD Revenge units which are built proof.
ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 10:05 PM   #7
rangerryan

I have used other brands and never had this happen one of the spinnerbaits broke on the first fish it caught and it was a hog and the other had caught about 5 or 6 that were in the four pound range. But i have had spinnerbaits that lasted for 5 years and caught 30 that weighed 4 pounds and better plus numerous dinks. the wareagle have caught more fish for me in the last 2 years than any other brand. I just dont want to lose that monster during a tourny.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 11:19 PM   #8
Arkie Bass Buster
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm going to side with TN Bassin. I would say probably about thirty fish or a few hogs. I use war eagles almost exclusively. I have had several break. They are not made as well or even with as thick a gauge wire as spinnerbaits from years earlier (there are still a few brands that make them solid but not with the old loop ; o). I think that makes them also more effective though. Gives it more vibration and a little wobble that drives the fish crazy here. Rule of thumb for me is once they eat the back of the skirt off or it gets thin, time to toss it. Lost some nice fish due to breaking the aforementioned rule. lol.
Arkie Bass Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 06:07 AM   #9
Justin2729

Nope, but id say they will price you pay for that good of vibration on a willow there worth it imo thats all i throw.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 07:37 AM   #10
walkeraviator

i have been throwing my Dads home made spinners for years and have yet to have one break...i guess he just used thicker gauge wire or something. hell i cant even remember 5 pounders even bending his out of shape...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 10:52 AM   #11
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

war eagles are trying to "quote thin the arm wire end of there blades end quote" i have seen it done. and i still get the tackleinsider rag..
i don't use wareagles blades.. your best bet use titanium wired blades ifin your afraid of the busting your blade up.. i went to them after busting 8 of my own hy-brid blades in a tourny...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.