Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-12, 12:00 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Hey Bruce!

I feel your pain, my friend. I just found out my truck got keyed on Friday night. Where? Wal-Mart of course!

It's gotten to the point that you can't own anything nice without some jealous, poor a$$hole tearing it up.
Old 09-30-12, 12:40 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Dirty rotten basta@$s. Wouldn't you like to catch them doing it.
Old 09-30-12, 12:45 PM   #3
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Dirty rotten basta@$s. Wouldn't you like to catch them doing it.
If I had, this post probably wouldn't have been made, as I'm sure there is no internet access in the local jail.
Old 09-30-12, 01:19 PM   #4
joedog

I feel the pain and the anger!

Mine got the word HE11 scratched or keyed in the door. Fluking $467, something about being metal flake and matching or some bull.
Sorry to hear!

We'd get you guide license and get you out on 'Huber" guiding the group and of course part of your job would be posting.

Again sorry to hear!
Old 09-30-12, 01:45 PM   #5
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Bryce, did the walmart have parking lot cams? Thats vandalism and is quite different than a parking lot accident. If they had cams, you should be able to force them to look. I would check and then get the cops involved if need be. You might find out that it was someone you know who spotted your turck or it might have just been random. Also, I have to ask, did you park in a way that might have offended some dirt bag? I know that a lot of folks with nice rides like to park out a ways, that almost seems to invite some *** to do something out of jealosy.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 02:49 PM   #6
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
Bryce, did the walmart have parking lot cams? Thats vandalism and is quite different than a parking lot accident. If they had cams, you should be able to force them to look. I would check and then get the cops involved if need be. You might find out that it was someone you know who spotted your turck or it might have just been random. Also, I have to ask, did you park in a way that might have offended some dirt bag? I know that a lot of folks with nice rides like to park out a ways, that almost seems to invite some *** to do something out of jealosy.
Kevin, Wal-Mart was doing some re-paving and painting of their lot that night. It was a pain to get in and out. If I had known it was going to be like cattle in a chute, I would have stayed home, but once I entered the queue, I was committed. Now I really wish I had stayed home. I was parked at an angle in my spot, but I made sure I was not hanging over any yellow lines. I ALWAYS do that, for just such reasons as this. If someone got annoyed at the way my truck was parked, they'd have to be the biggest douchebag in the world.

I called Wal-Mart, and yes they do have video surveillance on the part of the lot closest to the store, which luckily (depending on how you look at it) I was parked in. Unfortunately, they won't even look at the footage without a police request. Fortunately, my brother is a local police office, so he gave me all the ins and outs of getting to the footage.

I'm going to file a police report tomorrow morning, and get the ball rolling. Hopefully, I'll get some justice.

On a side note, and definitely not to restart an argument; just to provide another example of why the whole issue is so frustrating: everyone tells me different "facts". My brother, the police officer, tells me that it is indeed a crime to bump into someone in a private parking lot like Wal-Mart and leave the scene. His opinion is that the PA cops were just being lazy in Bruce's case, though that might just be PA law. Maybe ir's just illegal in a few places like Indiana. I'm to the point where vigilante justice starts to look appealing. I'm getting a video surveillance system for the truck and that's final.
Old 09-30-12, 03:43 PM   #7
keithdog

I hope the video shows exactly who did it and you can get your justice big time! I hope it's a Walmart employee. That would make finding the A**hole a lot easier to find.
Old 09-30-12, 05:50 PM   #8
bassboogieman

Sorry to hear that Bryce. I was away for the weekend and just saw the post, sucks big time. It is so frustrating dealing with the bullsh!t. I think I've finally run the PITA down that hit me, they finally got served and have responded that they are pleading innocent (gotta be sh!tting me). Personally, I think it's just a delaying tatic so they can get out of town again or even out of the state. My hearing has been changed twice, was supposed to be (this) Tuesday, but since they responded that they will contest my claim, it's once again been postponed until the 23rd. I can't wait to see if they show.....

For me the weekend sucked, but for a totally different reason - the fishing on the Potomac is HORRIBLE at the moment, has been for almost a month due to the salt line being up to the outskirts of DC. This hot, dry summer has been about the worst in recent memory in allowing the salt line to creep so far north. They are catching Redfish (puppy drum) in Mattawoman Cr. - no one I've talked to can remember the last time that happened. Bluefish are in the main river, thought still a few miles south of Mattawoman Cr. Crabs are EVERYWHERE.

Doc lost a big snakehead this morning at the boat, probably 9 - 10#. It was a big brusier, got it to the kayak but in his attempt to get the lip grippers on in it went under his kayay and broke off. I saw one this morinig in excess of 3', but could not get it to hit my offerings, I think it saw me too. Tough, though fishing.

Need a new tool for fishing for those snakeheads - a gaff. Those dang things are like an alligator - when they slam the mouth shut, it STAYS SHUT. Similiar to what a pike does but you can usually get a pike to open up, so I'm not bothering with the lip lock anymore, I'm going to stick a gaff in them and get a pair of those things you stick in a fish's mouth to hold it open. I caught one Friday, about 5# that took a chatterbait and you could not see any part of my lure sticking out of it's mouth. I gotta say the 12# co-poly line held up to those teeth, it didn't come unbuttoned and the line was the only thing sticking out of it's mouth.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 08:17 PM   #9
bamabassman

this sort of thing is oging to continue untill we as a whole DEMAND more TRUE justice for law abiding people. sorry bryce, this makes me so sad to hear. i can't tell you jsut how worried i was aobut lisa's trailblazer yesterday when i parked it in an apartment complex lot for us to go to the game. i was assureed it would be safe. but after the game was over, the attendants were in bed (of course) and no one was "wathcing" the lot. $25.00 wasted in my opion, even if nothing happended to her blazer, i feel cheated some anyway.
Old 09-30-12, 10:05 PM   #10
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I hope for your sake it's on the video. I know they won't let you see it without a police request, it's legal issues of if you go shoot the dude then they are at fault for showing you who it was.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 10:23 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
it's legal issues of if you go shoot the dude then they are at fault for showing you who it was.
That would never happen, right?

The funny thing is, it's not that they won't show me the tape. It's that they won't even look at it themselves and just tell me if there's something on there to begin with. Before I waste the police' time and my own too.

Such a litigious society we live in, everybody lawyers up at the drop of a hat.

If they'd just take a look and tell me there is nothing there (that they can see), I'd probably just file a claim and just stew for a while.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.