Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-10-10, 11:43 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Citrus Sticks

From the orginators of Carrot Stix come Citrus Stix..

http://www.bigsowbaits.com/citrus-stick.html

DeFoe to use Citrus Sticks 1/5/2010

Tennessee FLW Tour angler Ott DeFoe announced that he's signed a 2010 agreement to fish Citrus Stick rods, which are produced by BCS Manufacturing of Lebanon, Tenn.

The rods are a lime-green color from just above the reel seat to the tip and are designed to deliver high-end performance at a value price. Five models are currently available, with more on the way.

“With the rods I have used so far, they are really sensitive and extremely lightweight," said DeFoe, who was previously aligned with Fenwick. "The handles with the foam grips are very comfortable and not slippery like cork handles can be.”

Interesting...

Capt Mike
Old 01-10-10, 12:32 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That's pretty cool, something to look into for sure!

I bet they're gonna get some publicity with the new pro staff. I wonder if you'll be able to get them in stores soon.
Old 01-10-10, 01:32 PM   #3
MIbasser

Capt Mike, I think they've been around for a couple of months now. They have a few other guys on their pro-staff as well. From what I've read they seem to be pretty decent rods. They also are doing custom college colors and logo as well.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 02:55 PM   #4
Captmikestarrett

Duckett Fishing was incorporated earlier this month and is based in Demopolis , Alabama . Duckett is the only BASS Elite Series angler to ever start and manage a major fishing products company. Duckett said the rods will be available online through the company Web site, www.duckettfishing.com. Next year the rods will be available in retails stores.

As he established the new company, Duckett re-assembled the development team that created the award-winning prototype for Carrot Stix fishing rods, popular, light-weight orange rods. Duckett and designer Ken Whiting were instrumental in the initial development and branding success attributed to Carrot Stix.

Earlier this year, however, Duckett severed ties with the manufacturer and distributor of Carrot Stix: Toronto, Canada-based E-21. Duckett split with E-21 primarily because of what he described in a July 2009 news release as concerns “about the general quality of the rods being made and how warranties are being honored.” In splitting with E-21, Duckett stated that the rods weren’t being produced as they were initially designed.

The split with E-21 prompted Duckett’s decision to create his own company. Whiting and E-21 executive Sean Schuyler have joined Duckett at Duckett Fishing.

“This is the right thing to do. We have assembled a terrific team, and we’re hitting the ground running. We’ll have some exciting announcements over the next few months,” Duckett said. “But what is so significant is that this allows our team to have control over our product. We’ll be in position to make sure there is a high standard when it comes to production.”

We finally have full control of quality and production and can offer the public innovation that’s not purely profit driven.

Capt Mike
Old 01-10-10, 03:46 PM   #5
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmikestarrett View Post
We finally have full control of quality and production and can offer the public innovation that’s not purely profit driven.
Sounds like Indian Head Charters to me.....especially the chicken and ribs dinner that comes with the trip.
Old 01-10-10, 04:11 PM   #6
paul
BassFishin.Com Member

all the features of a high end/high priced rod for a fraction of the cost?

at $155.00, i wonder if the fraction he was referring to was 7/8?

i wasn't that impressed with carrot stix rods - especially for the price. i've used rods that i considered to be as good or better for half the money. but that's just my opinion. i know some folks really like 'em. maybe these will be great. should be interesting to find out.
Old 01-10-10, 05:08 PM   #7
TN_Bassin

Saw them at a seminar that a friend of mine set up. Clay Dyer was the speaker and they had a booth set up.
Old 01-10-10, 05:33 PM   #8
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I just picked up a couple carrot sticks a while back.
They are nice rods but not any nicer than a lot of other rods that cost less. That's just my opinion.

Always look forward to new products so I will give em a try when I come across one.
Old 01-10-10, 06:40 PM   #9
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Duckett Fishing was incorporated earlier this month and is based in Demopolis , Alabama . Duckett is the only BASS Elite Series angler to ever start and manage a major fishing products company. Duckett said the rods will be available online through the company Web site, www.duckettfishing.com. Next year the rods will be available in retails stores.

As he established the new company, Duckett re-assembled the development team that created the award-winning prototype for Carrot Stix fishing rods, popular, light-weight orange rods. Duckett and designer Ken Whiting were instrumental in the initial development and branding success attributed to Carrot Stix.

Earlier this year, however, Duckett severed ties with the manufacturer and distributor of Carrot Stix: Toronto, Canada-based E-21. Duckett split with E-21 primarily because of what he described in a July 2009 news release as concerns “about the general quality of the rods being made and how warranties are being honored.” In splitting with E-21, Duckett stated that the rods weren’t being produced as they were initially designed.

The split with E-21 prompted Duckett’s decision to create his own company. Whiting and E-21 executive Sean Schuyler have joined Duckett at Duckett Fishing.

“This is the right thing to do. We have assembled a terrific team, and we’re hitting the ground running. We’ll have some exciting announcements over the next few months,” Duckett said. “But what is so significant is that this allows our team to have control over our product. We’ll be in position to make sure there is a high standard when it comes to production.”

Capt Mike
Thanks for the site. Them Duckett rods look pretty cool too. I still don't know how lagit the "Micro Guide" thing is though. :/
Old 01-11-10, 08:32 PM   #10
buzbait88
BassFishin.Com Member

I just wanted to set something straight here. The citrus stick is in no way shape or form related at all to the carrot stix. The citrus stick was created by a custom rod builder named Jeff Bunch, he named it after the citrus shad color. The rod is 100% made in america by hand. He builds them himself 1 at a time in his shop in tennessee. Its 1 of the lightest rods on the market and strongest. If you have any more questions pm me here or email me at nathen@karuluresltd.com. They will also be coming out with a college series that will feature college colors and logos of the school.

I'm going to go check out the rest of this forum now.
buzbait88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 12:34 AM   #11
bassinbob

buz, you think he can make me a Steeler rod?
Old 01-12-10, 10:50 AM   #12
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzbait88 View Post
I just wanted to set something straight here. The citrus stick is in no way shape or form related at all to the carrot stix. The citrus stick was created by a custom rod builder named Jeff Bunch, he named it after the citrus shad color. The rod is 100% made in america by hand. He builds them himself 1 at a time in his shop in tennessee. Its 1 of the lightest rods on the market and strongest. If you have any more questions pm me here or email me at nathen@karuluresltd.com. They will also be coming out with a college series that will feature college colors and logos of the school.

I'm going to go check out the rest of this forum now.

Understood .. Buzz

The hopla lent it self to assume they where. But your right they are not related.

Capt Mike
Old 01-12-10, 07:47 PM   #13
buzbait88
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Understood .. Buzz

The hopla lent it self to assume they where. But your right they are not related.

Capt Mike
no problem, it sounds very similar and even look alike, I just wanted to make sure that no one associates the citrus stick with the carrot stick, because its a much better rod and all of the negatives about the citrus stick.
Old 01-12-10, 07:49 PM   #14
buzbait88
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
buz, you think he can make me a Steeler rod?
lol, he used to make custom rods so I'm sure he has the cabability to do it, but I think his main focus now is on the citrus stick. Another problem is licensing issues, can't use the logos without permission from the NFL.
Old 01-15-10, 09:20 AM   #15
aikenyounggun

We will all have to see if they catch on or not. I was at the classic two years ago when the Carrot Stix really caught on fire. People were buyin 1,2,or 3 at a time. Just shows that marketing the right way can help. Im not comparing them, just showing how this is good publicity.
Old 01-15-10, 05:59 PM   #16
buzbait88
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzbait88 View Post
lol, he used to make custom rods so I'm sure he has the cabability to do it, but I think his main focus now is on the citrus stick. Another problem is licensing issues, can't use the logos without permission from the NFL.
they will be at the classic this year for anyone that is interested in viewing them. This is good publicity and everybody that has seen them or used them has been very impressed. Keep an eye out at the classic. Jeff is working hard trying to get the college series rods done so hopefully he will have a bunch of those there to.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.