Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-06, 02:29 PM   #51
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
hmmm, tough to say, I've had a lot of baits that had a good action, just didn't manage to catch fish, so I can't really say they didn't perform, fish just weren't i nthe mood, I've also had a lot of baits that had horrible action but still managed to catch fish. I had a lucky craft live pointer with HORRIBLE action, I've still managed to catch fish with it. although spinnerbaits have almost always been a waste of my time.
I think somebody is slacking with the pics.

Old 07-21-06, 01:12 AM   #52
fishing_sniper
BassFishin.Com Active Member

half the time the worst bait i ever try is the one i think will workfirst thing
the worst bait i ever used produced fish but sucked n every other term was them dang biodegradable worms w/e they was called i got a free sampler pack and they dry out and get hard and stuff buuh but they caught a few fish.. but not worth the money and work to keep em soft
second worst was a strike king double buzz 2 blade buzz bait caught alota fish and some big ones but every fish i had to retune it and somtimes when i jus decideded to come untuned the blades would get stuck on each other or one would bend lower than the other pushing the other blade outa the water and such it was the most anoying bait to keep running true.
Old 07-22-06, 01:05 PM   #53
adamgambill

I agree, buy lures that catch fish not fishermen. Has anybody had luck with the Kinami(yammamoto) Nories Bug. Hate to down anything gary makes but I must be fishin it wrong.
Old 07-23-06, 12:39 AM   #54
bassking22
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Yeah I just will never use that lure for that area of that lake in that weather etc. but yeah the day before he caught more than me, and was saying stuff bought me so that day I had to just bring it down on him
Old 07-23-06, 11:47 AM   #55
bassnman30

Crankbaits aren't allways the same. I.e. The same model, type,color,weight,etc.. Will not always produce as well as other cranks in the same category. I personally had a Bomber Green Craw that was perhaps the best crankbait that I had ever used. Seemed like it caught fish (some good fish) better than other cranks that were the same. Since then I lost the bait and have bought several more. None are the same, sure they catch fish but not nearly the amount or quality. Crankbaits (various types that won't produce) is my least favorite. Sorry, no specific answer.
Old 07-23-06, 12:23 PM   #56
HOG Ranger

I am ashamed to admit that I fell for the Chatterbait hype, haven't had a hit on that thing yet.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 12:33 PM   #57
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Ive Been Killing Them On A Chatterbait. Ok Not Killing Them. But Theyve Been Working For Me.
Old 07-24-06, 12:46 PM   #58
Snake2715

Well over the weekend I tried the horney toad and thats not going to fall into this category!!

Also I had a follower on my chatterbait but I had to stop casting due to week hookup every cast. I will have to use it at a different spot and see what I get.

Last edited by Snake2715; 07-24-06 at 04:27 PM.
Snake2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 03:55 PM   #59
Wishing2BFishing

Snake,
You posted an interesting thread.

I have this lure that was given to me as a gift. It has two breasts and a hook. I know that the lure is just for novelty purposes but I would love to catch a fish on it. Anyway, I suppose that this would be my worst lure since it serves no purpose and I can't bring myself to throw it out (the two breasts just sit in my tackle box). Something about the breasts just keeps me from getting rid of the damn thing.

Regarding the Heddon Torpedos, I have had some luck with them. However, the props seems to get out of wack once you catch a couple fish (or snags) on them. Once the props get out of wack, the lure stops making that cool zeeeeeeeez sound.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-06, 12:25 AM   #60
John Cullum
BassFishin.Com Member

My best flippin bait is on the worst baits list??

I love the Norries Bug. I flip and pitch with them all the time and have done very well doing so.

I fish them with a Florida rigged weight (screw in type) a Mustad offset and Megastrike scent. Fish them the same as you would a jig or a texas rigged worm. Stay with it they work no doubt.

My worst bait would have to be a Megabait craw-crankbait I bought a few years back. Could never get it tuned correctly and it never boated a fsih for me. But the color scheme on the bait was awesome so I kept using it over and over again. What a waste of money and time.
John Cullum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-06, 01:03 AM   #61
texasnitro

id have to say the strike king cranks also. They ring on the lip coroded the 3rd time i used it and it just doesnt run true.

I have dissagree about the tiny torpedo not being a good bait. Here in Texas it is a great little bait to use and produces alot of nice bass for me.
texasnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-06, 03:03 PM   #62
senko

the torpedo is a great bait for river smallies.
Old 07-25-06, 07:50 PM   #63
DonnieDarko
BassFishin.Com Member

I agree with you on the jitterbug. I've never gotten anything on it either.
Old 08-01-06, 02:02 PM   #64
Fish2win

Dances Ell !!!!, Fish2win
Old 08-03-06, 02:39 PM   #65
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko
I agree with you on the jitterbug. I've never gotten anything on it either.
Fish it after dark and your mind will change on that..

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.