Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-25-08, 05:33 PM   #51
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

1. Threw anchor overboard and watched the rope go with it.
2. felt a subtle bite on the end of my line, so I started walking backwards about to slam him when i fell off the back of the boat. Yes, I lost the fish.

3. started motor and went home before noticing my anchor was still down ( dont know how that happened)

4. Been stupid enough to cast at a snake and end up hooking it on an expensive lure, which I would not lose. Snake came in boat with me.

5. Was in the normal hype before a day of fishing, and that night went through to make sure everythings ready. PLugged in the charger for all my batteries, to wake up at 5 the next morning and forgot to plug in the other side on the extension cord.

TB
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 06:23 PM   #52
kennsandy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kennsandy

this could be the funniest thing i have ever seen in my life.

3 of us fishing in a 16 foot deep V, not alot of luck and always have one friend who likes to cast towards the shore, whether there are trees or not. this day there were trees, alot of them, and being as we werent catching fish, my friend was really bored. he ended up catching a branch 7 foot in the air, we went over there to get it out. his line was caught higher than the lure was, so he unhooked the lure, but line was still caught. he reached up for the line, and in doing so, his rattle trap swung to and fro, decided to attached itself to his shorts, right where it looked like it was hooked to his manhood area. we laughed so hard, i am still not sure how long it took him to get out of the tree.

i am pretty sure that i have done many other things, but that is the best thing in my eyes.

ken
kennsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 06:43 PM   #53
mariner
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

-cut the main line
-left a bag of soft plastics on the deck and they blew off
-try to cast my spinning reel w/o flipping the bail
-try to launch the boat with it still strapped to the trailer
-forget to pull up the trolling motor
-dropped a clamp in the water
-nearly lost a box out of my tackle bag cause i left it on the deck, but luckly my day caught it
-accidentially flipped the kill switch and could not figure out why it wouldnt start
-nearly burned the motor up (twice) and i did once ( it really stunk)
-went too fast when approaching barge and house boats, came completely out of the water
-my bro letf a crappi pole hangin behing the boat and it caught on a stump, by by pole
-my dad forgot to put the motor down and couldnt figure out why it wouldnt go lol
-dad nearly fell out of boat tryin to set hook
-hooked someones dock once and boat

all i can think of but im sure there is more
Old 06-25-08, 07:18 PM   #54
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner View Post
-nearly burned the motor up (twice) and i did once ( it really stunk)

-my dad forgot to put the motor down and couldnt figure out why it wouldnt go lol
No wonder the engine burned up.
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 08:38 PM   #55
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

wow i cut the main line alot.. i actually try to cut it a little short and when i tighten it it comes through lol.. i do that a few times.. i've slid the bullet weight off the end and didnt know it.. i've actually put a bait on a snapswivel and forgot to close it.. luckily it was a floating bait
Old 06-25-08, 08:43 PM   #56
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Fishin a tourniment on a windy ,I mean WINDY day boat is blowing along at 10 mph casting crank bait at docks .Guy on dock waves ,I wave back ,cast my favorite wiggle wart ,hear a big SMACK,tug it . It is stuck to the canvass cover on a 200,000 dollar boat next dock to the guy waveing. I clip the line and drift on by,
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 08:45 PM   #57
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Not really on the boat, but I wa on the beach of my 1/2 acre pond. the beach has plastic chairs and such too. on the backcast, I got my Rapala DT10hooked on one of the chairs, and somehow, after the line broke, I still casted the bait. One ofmy longest cats that day too.

Also, I got the boat stuck in shallow mud and rocks once. (Buzzie it was on the hsallow side of the launch area at Mudson...

BB
Old 06-25-08, 08:55 PM   #58
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Also, I got the boat stuck in shallow mud and rocks once. (Buzzie it was on the hsallow side of the launch area at Mudson...

BB
Hahaha... Right on that point where the launch opens up to the lake? I got stuck there yesterday...

Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 11:29 PM   #59
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Good, now I don't feel so bad.

BB
Old 06-26-08, 08:47 AM   #60
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
i actually try to cut it a little short and when i tighten it it comes through

Tighten the knot first, then trim the tag end........and don't cut the main line!!!
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 11:57 AM   #61
MrPhotographer06

i do pull it tight.. then i go for final check before cast-off and off it comes ol
Old 06-26-08, 12:09 PM   #62
Fishnngolfn

I bank fish so most of my mistakes come in very weedy areas.

- attempt to cast my spinning reel w/o flipping the bail (I still do this ever now and then)
- pick up my tackle box with the latches undone and everything spill out over the ground in grass that was about 12 inches tall
- tried to tie a $5 lure on the dock only to drop it through the boards and lose it forever without casting it one time
- cast a new $5 lure for the first time into the trees and get stuck for good
- put my catch on the fishing group's stringer and forget to poke the stringer back into the ground (lost 5 fish and my fishing buddies were not at all happy about me losing dinner that night).
- cast the hook and bobber out without any bait on the hook
- combined a bunch of plastic lures into one ziplock bag to save space, put them in my waist pouch, left them in my car during the day, and then wondered why all the colors bled into each other
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 12:32 PM   #63
MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
I bank fish so most of my mistakes come in very weedy areas.

- attempt to cast my spinning reel w/o flipping the bail (I still do this ever now and then)
- pick up my tackle box with the latches undone and everything spill out over the ground in grass that was about 12 inches tall
- cast a new $5 lure for the first time into the trees and get stuck for good
- cast the hook and bobber out without any bait on the hook

ha i've done those too ^^
Old 06-26-08, 01:57 PM   #64
tnfisherman

i have tried to trow reel with the bail closed all the time, i have alot of them
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 03:32 PM   #65
damian2b

This happened to me on my honeymoon two weeks ago. I was fishing off a pier in front of the condo we stayed at in Belize. I was using a saltwater Rapala Xrap when I hooked into a foot and a half long barracuda. I got it up to the dock and had it hanging in front of me. By the looks of the teeth on this thing i decided it would be best if i grabbed my kevlar glove to unhook the toothy critter. Upon reaching for the glove the cuda thrashed and managed to hook one of the treble hooks into one the strings on the board shorts i was wearing. So now i have a barracuda with big teeth and two sets of trebble hooks thrashing around my manhood on my honeymoon.....simply terrifying. I caught the fish and then it caught me...almost as they say by the short and curlies. Thankfully i was able to first unhook my bathing suit then the fish. Ill admit if anyone saw me from any distance it would have been a sight.
Old 06-26-08, 05:35 PM   #66
bamabassman

sooo...ya really don't want kids huh? hahahahaha, or a wife for very long either, hahahahahaha. kidding man. so where are the pics of the wedding and honeymoon? come on and make a thread for us. let us see this beauty that married an old goat like you, hahahaha. again kidding. but do post a pic or 2.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 09:47 PM   #67
sundance321
BassFishin.Com Member

Unhooked the boat entirely before backing into a semi-steep launch and heard everyone scream " the boat is slipping off the trailer!!!" Thank goodness I hit the gas instead of the brakes or the brand new boat would have fallen onto the cement! Did the No plug once and only once too.
sundance321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 10:42 AM   #68
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i don't understand what the problem is...i never make a mistake

it's my deckhand doc that always screws up
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 06:30 PM   #69
flbassman

Oh....where to start...haha..... Well, just today I fell of my buddies boat fishin in the intercoastal, but managed to keep the rod up...

I've caught water moccasins on topwater

I've stopped at a tackle shop, then left the new tackle in the truck while we launched the boat, got out etc....and upon getting to our first fishin spot, havin the old man go off on me...

Been kicked out of more than my share of country clubs/golf courses, and have gotten into it with those in "High Society" who didn't want me fishin places I was legally allowed to go.

Not fishing related technically, but while camping, me and some buddies attempted to lasso a raccoon, and actually succeeded, and I was the only one with the "balls" (stupidity) to grab it, resulting in me showing a 15 pound raccoon "who was boss" for about 30 seconds, until it got sick of my crap and bit me in the hand....Next day, get back, and I learn that I may have rabies, and theres no way to tell until the symptons show up, and then I have of 100% chance of a miserable death. So I spent 6 hours in the hospital getting 9 shots, along with one a week for a month. And now my family calls me "The Coon Hunter"

Tried to wade across a mud flat, had to spend 15 minutes crawling 200 yards through thick, thigh to chest deep muck.....I believe hell is patterned after a Southeastern marsh.....But without fish.....

Let a crab bite me

Threw a cast net without attaching it to my wrist......Had to swim for that one

In response to the post about leaving fish in the boat/truck:
One time my dad was cast netting mullet of a bridge. Him and his buddies were gonna freeze em and use em later. They were putting the mullet in a plastic trash bag in the trunk of his comet......Apparently they forgot about the bait, and left the fish in the trunk of a South Florida car from 7:00 PM till about 4 PM the next day. He said after changing the carpet, bleaching, and everything they could think of, the smell never quite went away

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.