Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-30-05, 07:19 PM   #51
Tm_Customs

Default Re: Pic of my Personal Best Bass!!!!

Thsi is the only pic of a bass over 10 I have 12.36 http://www.calfishing.com/gallery/1/000_2728?full=1 weighed on a certified scale, at lake almador. MY PB is a 14.2 I have cought quite a few over 10 a few years back before I had a digital camera or any camera for that matter. Anyhow I encourage everyone to weigh there fish get a digital camera and take a bunch of pics of your big fish to make sure you get at least 1 good pic.
Old 06-30-05, 09:33 PM   #52
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

Looks like me TM_Customs has mastered the technique of HOLDING THE FISH REALLY CLOSE TO THE CAMERA SO IT LOOKS HUGE! nobody gives a **** about your stupid bass man get off it

Ps. not everyones from CA

Im from illinois and a 5-6 pound bass IS HUGE to us around here
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 09:53 PM   #53
Tm_Customs

FU that 12.36 is not being held close to the camera at all! I know that fish are alot easier to catch in any state other than Ca. as I have fished alot of different places. Our fish get alot of pressure. If you moved here you would proably end up using live bait. If you whine about not being able to catch a 10ler in IL. move or shut the F up.
Old 06-30-05, 09:57 PM   #54
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

Well, Im just gonna keep peace here by not getting involved, but will say one thing Nice fish, how old were you when you caught em?
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 09:58 PM   #55
Tm_Customs

I think I was about 12 or 13 when I cought that 12.36.
Old 06-30-05, 10:01 PM   #56
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

About the same here archer,

a six pounder is not unheard of here in oHIo...
and ya here locals brag about catching them in farm ponds every now and then, but the average good fish here is a 16 incher lol
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 10:03 PM   #57
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

wow,
I didnt think that this topic could get so many replies, almost have a huge argument, and then end up in peace, but I am glad that it ended peacefully.
Old 06-30-05, 10:04 PM   #58
Tm_Customs

I am not trying to put any fish down a good torney fish here si a 2.5 3lber just liek it is almost anywhere. I have fished throught the US and fishing the same baits I have in Ca. I have cought fish over 3lbs in alot of spots where people did not think there was many. I just think alot of water around the US is pretty untapped and can produce good fish w/ new baits
Old 06-30-05, 10:07 PM   #59
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Thats how I feel,
But if you see the farm pond I fish it is real small
Old 06-30-05, 10:08 PM   #60
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I always thought that the clear water made it hard to catch bass in cali, however with a year long growing period year after year, I can see where the percentage of big fisheries produce hogs year after year,
well managed waters with plenty of forage...
the waters here get hit hard too, its always nice to be a angler that fishes before and after the "average joe" starts beating the banks from may to sept..lots of big fish have been caught in april when the average guy is still armchair fishing with the assclowns on tv
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 10:13 PM   #61
Tm_Customs

JB knows what I am talking about, these BIG fish in trout stocked lakes have plenty of trout to eat and are in no hurry to eat a chunk of plastic. Ca. is seperated into 2 section Nor. Cal only a few trout lakes and has the Delta lots of 5-10lb fish not easy to catch. So Cal Ton of trout Lakes and BIG BASS still very hard to catch. I live in Nor Cal still a great place to fish w/ alot of knolage and the right gear
Old 06-30-05, 10:15 PM   #62
Tm_Customs

PS JB most of of the biggest fish in Ca. are cought early in the year when the lakes are being stocked w/ trout most cought on BIG Trout swimbaits second best is the spawn.
Old 06-30-05, 10:17 PM   #63
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

I have always been told, If were to ever fish California, buy the heaviest rods, and a couple big trout swim baits.
Old 06-30-05, 10:24 PM   #64
Tm_Customs

Not that easy you need to know the contours of the lake and where the riverbeds and currents are under the water where the currents flow and the trout school and thats where the big boys hide. I am no expert on swimbaits and have not cought any big fish on the huge swimbaits I get more on little ones. It takes alot of time and knloage of a lake to get a good swimbait pattern. I have not and may never. So a good conclusion is most people wont catch much on swimbaits w/ out knowing someone who will share knolage or going out w/ a guide a few times.

BTW the thing that sucks about Ca. is everyone is scared someone is trying to steal there spots and lures so most people ever say where or what they catch BIG fish on.
Old 06-30-05, 11:36 PM   #65
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

I have caught several 12-14" bass on a 6" Rainbow trout swimbait lately.They dump them in the lakes here 2 times a year, but the bass don't get real big, the Northern pike are getting close to the 20lb mark taken through the ice this last winter.P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 01:24 AM   #66
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

[quote author=Tm_Customs link=board=MessBoards;num=1120073890;start=50#63 date=06/30/05 at 21:24:09]Not that easy you need to know the contours of the lake and where the riverbeds and currents are under the water where the currents flow and the trout school and thats where the big boys hide. Â*I am no expert on swimbaits and have not cought any big fish on the huge swimbaits I get more on little ones. Â*It takes alot of time and knloage of a lake to get a good swimbait pattern. Â*I have not and may never. Â*So a good conclusion is most people wont catch much on swimbaits w/ out knowing someone who will share knolage or going out w/ a guide a few times.

BTW the thing that sucks about Ca. is everyone is scared someone is trying to steal there spots and lures so most people ever say where or what they catch BIG fish on.[/quote]
topography map of the lake you're fishing and gps and you've solved that problem.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.