Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-06-06, 10:30 AM   #51
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Pretty Dern Sweet lookin Bass Lizards, everyone here at work is in awe! Keep up the good work!!!

Last edited by JB; 02-06-06 at 12:30 PM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 03:11 PM   #52
brobrian
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Good to be back

Quote:
Glad you're liking the rod and reel. Hopefully you can hook one like these with it. Haven't seen you around in awhile, hope life is treating you well.

Lizards
I spent alot of the early and late fall deer hunting (I found out last year that I'm missing alot of good fishing then so things might be different this year ), but I spent most of my free time with my brother and sister-in-law in North Carolina because she was battling leukemia. Unfortunately, she lost that battle in January, but she is in a much better place and is no longer suffering.
Congratulations again. I fish a pond with several big fish it and plan on making some trips to KY Lake and Lake Barkley so I might get a chance to hook into a good one as well (But I doubt THAT big!).
Bro. Brian
Psalm 1:1-6
Old 02-08-06, 04:43 AM   #53
Bass_fishing_girl
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl
Default Wow

Lizards,

Congrats, nice Bass!!!!!!!

San

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 05:18 PM   #54
lizardsrule

Well here's a little curve ball for you guys. Now please understand I'm extremely happy with the weights of my fish, and accept them. However I found something last night in the Feb 2006 Bassmaster magazine that has me a little baffled. I obviously will blame myself first off for not having a scale, but here's the deal. On page 82(article titled "Big Fish Stories From Texas' Best Trophy Lake" starting on page 81) it states that "Lubbock angler Rick Williams brought the first fish to the scales, hooking a 13.14-pound lunker on Saturday using a spinnerbait in eight feet of water shortly before noon. His fish was 26 inches long and had a girth of 20". "

Now that happens to be the EXACT measurement of my heaviest fish. When inputting those measurements into the weight calculator(3 times) it gives me a weight of 11.27 lbs. Now how could the EXACT same size fish weigh almost 2 lbs heavier than the wieght the calculator gives me Just curious how this calculator works, and how acurate it is. Anyone got any ideas on this discrepancy

Lizards
Old 02-08-06, 05:26 PM   #55
WTL

I told you I thought 26" sounded like a very long fish. Unfortunatly my experience handling fish that large is somewhat limited so I don't have an answer.

I will add to that my personal best measured just shy of 24" and was full of eggs so it had to have been pretty fat...the scale which we weighed it on was 30 years old and we got 6.2 pounds....I've always thought it was much heavier as well. I guess we'll never know for sure...well just have to catch a larger one to forget about it.
Old 02-08-06, 06:23 PM   #56
JB

Lizards,
I am wondering if genetics of dif. strains of bass, plus the forage they feed on and what amount may play a factor in two bass with similiar measurements , having dif weights...like more girth past the middle where you measure the girth and then to the tail, plus the width of the shoulders and how much face they have, jaw, etc..
...many times you can get a 15 inch fish out of one body of water and it will weigh and look heavier than another 15 inch fish, from a dif body of water, or river. Just some food for thought, it may explain a slight dif in weight ..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 09:54 PM   #57
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm normaly not this shade of green, I suspect it's envy. Nice fish lizards!
Old 02-11-06, 11:54 PM   #58
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

his fish was prolly put on a scale. I had a 26" last spring, didn't bother to measure the girth, my scale only registered 6lbs. go figure.
Old 02-12-06, 04:05 AM   #59
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

could it be the stomach contents mass? 2lbs is an awful lot of weight to make up, though. I think JB has the best guess, just a differently proportioned fish. Some are thicker all the way through the tail, others are just a chunk with a skinny tail, so on and so forth, and no, a weight calculator doesn't take this into account. If I'm not mistaken, a weight calculator is based more on "average weight" than real weight.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.