Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-19-07, 10:40 PM   #51
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

rotflmbo at jb! i'm sure they have seen it all alot jb rotfl!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 03:26 PM   #52
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
cus my daugters a nurse and ya'all blush rofl...
Do you have to be present when the jail inmates need to be examined
"down there" or is it just a doctor and guard?
I figure nurses have "seen it all" huh
well .....i have had to assist in procedures....not because i wanted to....usually i have the doctors take care of that end of the deal....hahahaha......but being in the incarcerated field of nursing there isn't much i haven't seen....there's one lock up area that i hate to go into...they all seem to have a habit of pulling out things that really don't need to be pulled out if you know what i mean...... ...so i politely tell them if that's all you have to offer a lady then you should be locked up....hahahaha....they seem to get silent all of a sudden......and when it comes to my job....i don't blush....but when bet made the foxboner comment i did have to blush.......
Old 01-20-07, 07:26 PM   #53
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

you got her all flushered jb ....you are now my hero...lmao

zooker
Old 01-21-07, 08:06 PM   #54
Fuzzyfellar
BassFishin.Com Member

I drive truck/warehouse for a Heating Cooling distribution.....easy work,good $$$, great 2 bosses to work for.........but thats not close to my goal of owning a NFL team.........i'll have to work on that hahaha
Fuzzyfellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 07:54 PM   #55
Bender

mikesluckylures, PM sent.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 08:26 PM   #56
CMorg

I dont think its any of your business what I do for a living... , I personally work as an Engineers assistant for the State of Indiana ( until our wonderful governor outsources that like he has so many things in the state of indiana ) Anyway , I am a certified traffic signal technician as well as construction procedures in all aspects of highways , and am now in testing of materials such as Asphalt Emulsions and gradation of aggragates... love my job too , theres alot of things to learn and challanges to overcome when dealing with contractors.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 09:32 PM   #57
The Bateman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Self Employed for 30 years!

I've had my own window cleaning business fro 30 years. But it is hard to get clientele built up. If I had it to do over, I'd go into LAWN MAINTENANCE! They make really good money for what they put into it. I have a friend who makes 80-100K, and he hardly works this time of year. Of course in the summer, he puts in long, hard days, but he seldom works weekends. He started part time on weekends, while he kept his full time job, which he was able to quit in a year.
The secret to the service industry, is word of mouth from satisfied customers. I always do more than they expect, and now am so busy, I don't take any new customers!
Old 01-26-07, 04:58 PM   #58
Hef

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

U.S. Navy active duty

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 05:07 PM   #59
bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
you got her all flushered jb ....you are now my hero...lmao

zooker

zook i have a special place to house you in my prison darlin.....get close enough and i'll snatch you up and put you there.....
Old 01-26-07, 08:31 PM   #60
harlan07
BassFishin.Com Member

Post job

I work in manufacturing for a company that builds ATMs. I help set up the production lines and figure out how to build the machines. Its a pretty good job, although the hours can be long at times.

But more importantly, during my lunch breaks, I am 5 minutes away from a fishing pier on the gulf of mexico and 5 minutes away from bass action on a brackish river. Sometimes you can get into gulf species in the river. In the spring and fall I go nearly every day that its not raining.
harlan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 10:11 PM   #61
abarker
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to abarker

Work for local sheriffs office as a communications officer. It gets a little stressful but thats what the lake is for. Atleast I get to sit on my butt all the time.
Old 01-29-07, 03:44 PM   #62
CAHughes
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm now a stay at home mom of three, went to college to get a degree, got the degree, worked the whole time and for a while afterwards and then decided it was time to focus on my girls and husband...get to fish whenever Kevin decides to go...
CAHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 03:50 PM   #63
bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHughes View Post
I'm now a stay at home mom of three, went to college to get a degree, got the degree, worked the whole time and for a while afterwards and then decided it was time to focus on my girls and husband...get to fish whenever Kevin decides to go...
sounds like you need your own boat there.....if we waited on men to want to do something we would never go anywhere......
Old 01-29-07, 05:37 PM   #64
CreekGeek22

I'm a mortgage loan officer in a slow growth market. Kind of an oxy-moron isn't it...or a bad situation. Currently working for one of the big guys (CW) but am waiting on a call to go back to the local bank I started with. So this is what my wife means when she says bigger isn't always better...hmmm...
CreekGeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 10:03 PM   #65
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekGeek22 View Post
I'm a mortgage loan officer in a slow growth market. Kind of an oxy-moron isn't it...or a bad situation. Currently working for one of the big guys (CW) but am waiting on a call to go back to the local bank I started with. So this is what my wife means when she says bigger isn't always better...hmmm...

Nope, she's just trying to make you feel better rotfl.

Lizards
Old 01-30-07, 10:12 PM   #66
BassMoJo

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

waiter
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 11:18 PM   #67
Jolly

I have a small computer consulting company based out of my step-father's company. Basically, he tells me what he need, gives me a budget, and I buy all the parts an make it work (mac only). I don't work much at all but the pay is good. Am also a full time Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics student.

InEccess, if you hate your career so much, maybe you should go to school and do what you want. Just my 2 cents.

Jolly
Old 02-03-07, 10:29 PM   #68
HOG Ranger

Manager of Manufacturing, Process Control and Planning is my official title. At least that is what it says on my business cards.

The company I work for makes machines that manufacture engine blocks from raw castings to finished blocks at the end of the operation. Our biggest customers are GM, DaimlerChrysler and currently we are doing a line for CAT. Chances are if you drive a US made auto or truck our machines probably made your engine.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 07:06 PM   #69
links_man2

Spent 28 years doing computer programming and system support. Loved "nearly" every day of it. Now I am retired and love every day at my job of being totally worthless. Fish Mon,Tu,Th, golf Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, except for the days I do both. Worthless and happy with a good wife that lets me be worthless (except when SHE thinks I need to do something).
links_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 12:15 PM   #70
brushhog

Default School Teacher/coach

great profession for fishing - done by 3:30 Except during football season,and no work July and August!!!
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.