Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-20-04, 12:57 AM   #26
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch
Default Re: The FREEZE is here

What was that white stuff? Oh did you guys dump a bunch of that packing material on the ground. Oh well its sunny in Fla. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 11:03 AM   #27
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

i'm doing my part to make that hole in the ozone layer bigger.i spray as many aerosal cans as i can out in my back yard,but i need some help here if we ever want to get rid of these jersey winters. ;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 11:27 AM   #28
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Hey flipin4it, I thought maybe you was practicing your hooksets in the house ;D wife jerkin' around-LOL Man, winter has just started and I'm already done with it. I think it should snow for Christmas then the temp. jump right back up to the 70's!
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 02:00 PM   #29
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=HoosierAngler link=board=MessBoards;num=1103124873;start=25#27 date=12/20/04 at 09:27:24]
Man, winter has just started and I'm already done with it. I think it should snow for Christmas then the temp. jump right back up to the 70's![/quote]

Yeah but then it wouldn't be Indiana would it If we're gonna dream lets dream high.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 02:20 PM   #30
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

Well we just had ower first day at -30 man it's cold. You guy's are soo lucky to be south of the border. If any of you have the cahoney's to come up ice fishing your welcome to.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 07:04 PM   #31
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i would love to zilla but it is a 2 day drive to get there for me.

i have noticed that if ya live in a humid area the winters seem colder. i grew up in the snow belt of western ny. i never bundled up i like i do down here in nc. i think the temp rollercoaster has alot to do with it . it was 60 saturday 9 this morning forecast is calling for 15 tomarrow morning and 60 with sun x-mas . go figure .. i rather it stay cold for a month or two. then be done with it. -we normally start planting gardens in mid febuary here.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 08:07 PM   #32
John_Cullum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to John_Cullum

Its only -17 windchill here in Western NY...lol
John_Cullum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 08:18 PM   #33
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Zooker, you are right about the humidity-makes it feel a whole lot colder.

Supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow, but barely hit 40 on Wednesday. That's COLD for South Texas.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 08:28 PM   #34
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Ya'll talk humidity, well go to Louisianna. Down there they have two seperate seasons. Summer and winter.
In the summer it's appx 95 and climbing, with a load of that stuff ya'll call humidity. In the winter it's appx. 40 and falling. You freeze in the winter, due to the fact that the humidity is to the point that you can't get enough clothes on to keep you warm.
Fished a tournament when the air temps where not to get above 26. The guy who won caught 5 and had about 15 lbs. Thats a prime example of the water being a different temp. than the air.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 10:41 PM   #35
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Hey hoosierangler,I think that practicing my hook sets are just the begining to why the wife is jerkin' !!!! I think i'm gonna have to leave her for my other true love, "BASS FISHING" ...................!
P.S. You guys in here are a trip to read about..............
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 11:07 PM   #36
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Welcome to the forum, Flippin4it!

You are right-great bunch of folks here altough the fur do fly at times ;D
Old 12-21-04, 12:17 AM   #37
spinnerb8

man the cold hit here with both barrels today!With wind chill in the single digits you couldn't get away from it..But tomorrow it hits 50 again..This cold weather is great for striper fishing but give me springtime anyday!
Old 12-21-04, 12:42 AM   #38
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

we got hit hard with the freeze last night.and a little snow before it to freeze up real good.took a while to get the car door open.
colder than a witches *** in a brass bra
supposed to get to 55 or so on thursday.hope so,maybe it'll melt all the snow in my boat :-/
Old 12-21-04, 12:43 AM   #39
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

For the earlier comment, I have seen snow, driven in it, skied in it, shoveled it and cursed it. Now its 1045 and the temp is 38 with the wind chill pushing it lower. Supposedly dipping into teens and 20's by morning. That whole humidity thing come here now, Id rather be in the snow it's just bitter here. Oh yeah Zilla, been to northern Maine when the temp was -60, thats cold. I feel for ya. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 12:03 PM   #40
bassguy2004

Hey Lizards, I lived in Montana for seven years when serving in the military. I know what snow is all about. You keep thinking spring and it will be here before you know it.
Old 12-21-04, 04:02 PM   #41
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I can't figure this weather out. Yesterday it was 16 degrees, today it is 55. All I know is that I better get out on the river tommorow while it still is in the 50s.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 07:43 PM   #42
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

when i live in ny i used to watch golf on tv, just to see green grass. now i watch skiing just to see a bunch of snow. question i have is it just me or do you northern guys find your self drawn to the golf channle in winter?

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 08:23 PM   #43
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

[quote author=zooker link=board=MessBoards;num=1103124873;start=25#41 date=12/21/04 at 17:43:56]when i live in ny i used to watch golf on tv, just to see green grass. Â*now i watch skiing just to see a bunch of snow. question i have is it just me or do you northern guys find your self drawn to the golf channle in winter?

zooker [/quote]

Yes we sit and cry when we see [glow=green,2,300]green[/glow] gass in the winter.

And it's worse when we see Bass Fishing in the winter months.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 08:27 PM   #44
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Boys, you aren't going to believe this-just watched the weather, and we have an artic front coming in tonight around midnight. There is a cut-off low over Mexico expected to move east over the next few days. According to the weather report there is a possibility for snow in San Antonio for Christmas. It has never happened before-I'll believe it when I see it, but it would be a real neat thing to have happen.
Old 12-21-04, 08:58 PM   #45
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=MessBoards;num=1103124873;start=25#43 date=12/21/04 at 18:27:11]Boys, you aren't going to believe this-just watched the weather, and we have an artic front coming in tonight around midnight. There is a cut-off low over Mexico expected to move east over the next few days. According to the weather report there is a possibility for snow in San Antonio for Christmas. It has never happened before-I'll believe it when I see it, but it would be a real neat thing to have happen.[/quote]

Stay off the roads, because whether you know how to drive on it not, 90% won't, and I gaurantee, there will be thousands of accidents Hope you get the snow, we are expecting up to 12" in southern Indiana tommorrow-thursday :P And no I don't watch the golf to see green grass, I just go to Hawaii in my mind

Lizards
Old 12-21-04, 10:21 PM   #46
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizards, if we get an inch they shut the town down for the reasons you mentioned. Â*It is such a rare event here it is a big thing.

Quote:
colder than a witches *** in a brass bra
Tom, that is the reason they remove the brass statue of King Kong from the Empire State building ;D
Old 12-21-04, 11:05 PM   #47
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

it's supposed to be in the 40's-50's tomorrow.i'm going fishin in the morning before work.
reb,want to buy a good used snowblower?
Old 12-22-04, 10:58 AM   #48
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

never mind...didn't warm up very much.weathermen are liars
Old 12-22-04, 11:51 PM   #49
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Well this just plain stinks :P Woke up to 4" of snow with possibly 6"-10" on the way :P We were supposed to go to the in-laws for Christmas, which is about 5 minutes from the coal pit, and they have about 8" already with possibly 10"-14" more. And of cousre it supposed to get down to -8 degrees on Christmas day :P Obviously I won't be getting over to the coal pit, and now there talking about possibly having Christmas at our house, since both the bother in-laws live close to us :P I was really hoping for 1 last chance to fish, but it just AINT gonna happen, and now we gotta entertain too :'(

Lizards
Old 12-23-04, 01:22 AM   #50
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

you have my sympathy :-/lizards.
while i'm yankin in those big basses tomorrow morning,i'll set the hook once for you ;D

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.