Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 10-02-04, 09:35 AM   #1
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default how do i fish a finnese worm

thank ya very much
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-04, 10:43 AM   #2
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Re: how do i fish a finnese worm

Slowly. Â*They call it a finnesse worm because you're supposed to finnesse it. Â*Don't make any real hard jerks just tap it lightly, let it sit, reel it in some and then tap lightly again. Â*Theres a lot of ways you can fish them as long as its slowly and softly.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-04, 04:17 PM   #3
uk03
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to uk03

Nick, HP has got it. S-L-O-W is the ticket. You may also want to try Charlie Brewer's Slider worms.

-T
uk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-04, 03:38 AM   #4
weeddoggy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to weeddoggy

I have also had good luck just dead sticking it. Let it fall then set for 15-20 seconds.
weeddoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-04, 08:50 AM   #5
mblk181
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mblk181

I fish the 4 inch finesse worms weightless on a number 2 Gamakatsu hook. I toss it near likely cover and wait, watching the line, for it to fall to bottom. If nothing grabs it, I leave it entirely alone for 30 seconds, and then lift slowly to feel for fish.....if nothing on, reel in and cast to another likely spot. I fish different lures as well the very same way. The worms are either black or black/chartreuse tailed slider worms, or I also use a grasshopper colored Razor worm (4 inch) from www.buehlersales.com. I use the grasshopper Razor Worm 95 percent of the time.

I also emulate Senkos, but use a much more slowly falling plastic, and basically fish them the same way. I cut a Zoom Speedworm (called the Ultra Vibe Speedworm) in watermelon/red and use the tail-less worm body texposed on a 2/0 hook weightless and fish it basically the same slow fall-deadsticking way. If you get hung in weeds, switch to a watermelon/red lizard rigged and fished the same gentle way.
mblk181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 07:25 PM   #6
SouthernLrgMouth
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to SouthernLrgMouth

What I have the most luck on while Finesse fishing is to use a spinning reel with 8 lb test, Rig a small round ball jig head Texas style, cast it and bump it along the bottom. On the Coosa river we call it " shaky head" fishing, but the slider worm is almost the same thing. this method will catch fish when fishing is slow, it has been my go to rig for almost 20 years. Willie
SouthernLrgMouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.