Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-19-12, 11:12 PM   #26
ydoc
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
Anyone ever use Bog frogs,(Big bog frog, bog buzz frog,bog musky frog, ect...), or Uncle Josh's Sizmic toads(various sizes)???
I've used Bogs Frogs. He makes a lot of different versions... and I've tried a number of them. Most all have a GREAT finish and appeal to them... but not all of them have the best action.

I REALLY like the "Bogs Bugs" (a frog). Very realistic, durable and FLOATS (important to me)! Another thing is that it almost always lands "top-side up".

They make another LARGE frog that looks damn near like a real frog... but was very disappointed in that one. It basically is just a big hunk of plastic.

But, try the Bogs Bug... You'll like it!
ydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 03:00 PM   #27
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Off topic- Bogs gizzard shads look like good baits, shoot most of the baits do though.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 02:45 PM   #28
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

To me the Scum Frog Bigfoot is a totally overlooked and underrated frog. You get the best of both worlds: A swimming paddle frog that also floats like a hollow-body frog. I've had tremendous success fishing them using both techniques. They are heavy enough to cast a good distance and they’ll float once they land and not sink like most swimming frogs such as Zoom Horny Toad or Ribbit Frogs. The hooks are great as well. After I tied one on and fished it for the first time I immediately went to Scheels and bought five more in different colors. I fish them using 50lb dyneema braid with a 7.1 reel and 7’ M-MH rod.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 11:04 PM   #29
waldershrek
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW731 View Post
If you have tried everything you can think of, before hanging up the frog, try this:
Have a small cigar, that takes about 10 minutes to smoke. Cast out frog. Light cigar. Either smoke it, or let it set on the side of the boat if you don't smoke. Bring frog to open spot. Let it sit, twitch, let it sit. Move it slowly to next open spot, repeat. Your goal is to have the cigar burn down to the point where you would put it out if you are (or were) smoking it, before you finish the retreive.

Good god that's a long time. I'm not sure I have the patience for frog fishin lol
waldershrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.