Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-15, 11:30 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Post spawn/early summer

What is your go to techniques for post spawn/early summer? My wife and I were fishing one of our favorite lakes yesterday. It was very hard going putting it mildly. We landed 3 total, two bass and one wiper. Wife took her bass on a lizard fished in shallow weeds. I got a bass on a floating lipless crank ripping weed tops, and a wiper on a medium diving crank. I only saw one other fish caught by another angler, of which there were several out there giving it their best. At one point, I over heard a conversation between 4 guys in their boats having a pow wow. They were all agreed, the bass were in the weeds but wouldn't hit anything. We tried, spinner baits, soft stick baits "zoomies", square bill and deeper cranks, shakey rigs, jerk baits, jigs, lizards, small finesse jigs with plastic trailers you can catch anything from a blue gill upward. The only thing I really didn't try was a top water, and I chose not to try that because we got a late start at 9:45 AM and the sun was already shining brightly and the wind had put a fair chop on the surface. We fished everywhere from shallow up near the bank to deeper weed edges. I was pitching into pockets in the weed beds with various baits. The bass were simply not taking anything it seemed. I was talking to my wife today, and realized, if I went back today, I would be lost as to where to start and what technique to use. I have a few ideas of what I might try, but thought I would bring this up to you guys just to see where you would start off in this type of situation? I would probably keep a spinner bait, and lipless crank tied on, and a rod rigged to pitch soft plastics into weed beds, and a medium diving crank as well. I didn't try using a frog yesterday, so I might give that a try. And I might try a Carolina rig since I didn't try that either. What would you try?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.