Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-31-05, 03:00 PM   #1
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default out fishing

I got the boat out in the creek inlet today and caught 7 bass.The water was stained, and we had high winds today.The line was so bowed I never felt a bite, the line just took off ,all you had to do was set the hook.I had another smallmouth bass about 4.5 - 5lb range that bent the hook nearly straight on the Lil' hustler 1/2oz. jig.I am not sure I will use that brand any more.I used a black/ red flaked jig with a sapphire blue zoom salty pro chunk, and then switched to a Lake Fork Creature bait in blue bruiser color.This is the first fish for the year for me.Can anyone tell me why there are big smallmouth bass in with the largemouth? 3 of the 7 were smallmouth and the 4th one straightened the hook enough to get off before I could get it to the boat.I am guessing the stained water is warmer than the lake as to why their there every year at this time, but then does the smallmouth go in there for the warmer water as well ? P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 08:28 PM   #2
morrow50
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to morrow50
Default Re:  out fishing

I am not sure PNJ, but maybe the baitfish were more active in the inlet. That would causethem to migrate there to feed.

Mike
morrow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 12:00 AM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Well it is about time! Congrats on the fish.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 07:48 AM   #4
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Mike, Thanks for the reply.Today trout season opens up, They get angry when I bring my boat up through catching bass where they are trying to flyfish for trout. ;DThere were alot of crappie up in there yesterday,I don't know what brings the bass up there but every year at this time, they are there.I was thinking that smelt may be up in there spawning or something. Now that they are up in there, it will be only a week or two at the most and they will be gone from the creek, back out in the lake. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.