Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-23-08, 03:18 PM   #51
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
say.....june 6,7 and 8th? .
Now that's a date I can fanagle (sp?)! If you can do that I am good to go! Besides, the ASTRO should be up and running by then!
Old 04-23-08, 03:29 PM   #52
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Darn! I'll be in Alaksa! Hope it's a s success for those of you who do make it though...

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 05:15 PM   #53
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

June Sound sbetter for us, if I can talk my dad into going. Maybe I'll have my Driver's Liscence by then

BB
Old 04-23-08, 06:42 PM   #54
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If girls are allowed I am in for June! (I will bring hubby if that counts)
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 10:28 PM   #55
WTL

The june 6 dates arent sounding bad. What are we talking, jig time? It aint rat season yet. Maybe mayflies, well prolly not?
Old 04-23-08, 10:39 PM   #56
bamabassman

welcome rodman rat!! yes you can come, but not your hubby, hehehe. KIDDING OF course. i am working on a new gameplan. stay tuned guys and gals. i am in the process of getting infomation now. i have 3 plans, a, b and c. gonna run them up the ol flagpole and see what happens. but i gotta know how many can and will commit first. plan A is to get a lodge rented. B a campground is avaliable and C is at my house if all else fails. it all depends on how many can and WILL come. plan A is the lodge rental... there is a lodge called Goosepond Colony in scottsboro. i talked to the director himself and explained what we were wanting to do. he said that we need to give him at least 2 weeks notice to reserve enough quarters beside one another and the hall. planB is at the same plac, but a campground, it has a bath house and there is a spot they call the "primitive area". that is hardly used. so if ya'll have pop-ups, and /or tents. that is a great place. i looked at it meself today. very private and enough room for 50 or more. and everyone knows plan c... my house. should be able to get one of these plans to fit our needs. give me some feedback. if ya'll didn't write down my email address. here it is again... jseaver@centurytel.net. send me a message and i'll send more info as we get closer. thanks everyone and lets go fishing. oh.. almost forgot, met a fellow from wisconsin there today. talked to him and he said he'd been ther for 3 weeks. caught and average of 10 bass a day. wishes he could stay till we all come too. wants to meet us. yes i bragged about us here. but he caught his bass on a black zoom lizard, after he took off the legs. inmagine that. oh and it had a red belly on it. been using the same rig (with very little weight also, 1/8 oz or less) in 3 to 6 feet of water. i am going to launch ther saturday and see fo meself, hahaha. ok, enough for now. got another post to make. ya'll read it and i thank you in advance for your prayers.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 10:43 PM   #57
WTL

OK, June 6-8 at Goose Pond, I'm in. Thats near scottsboro, alabama for those wanting to see it on a map. Nearest airport is definitly Huntsville. Goose pond is a well thought of place,very popular and its a good area of lake guntersville where youhave the option of going up or down the lake. That time of year will be warm, but probably not oppressive yet.
Old 04-24-08, 09:10 AM   #58
Bob Smith

Goose Pond is a very nice area, right there on South Sauty and the easy access to the main river channel too! I'm still good for the June dates.
Old 04-24-08, 08:54 PM   #59
bamabassman

ok, gang. i am looking over the stuff from goose pond colony. will post info tomorrow. the date is SET, june 5,6 and 7th. well we'll have to leave on the 7th. UNLESS some of you want to stay longer. if you are coming from up north, there is also a golf course, swimming pool for the little ones and a bunch of shopping here. i'll post the web site for goose pond. gotta go eat some supper. STARVING!! and the dog is eating my leg cause he is hungry too. i am working hard on this for us, so lets not let this go guys and gals. rodman rat and ANY LADY member who wants in are welcome. and moose... this is not JUST about fishing and seeing who catches the biggest, most or nothing, it is about us getting together and SEEING who we chat with on this site. FRIENDSHIP and FUN. that is more important to me than competing for the most or biggest. i just wanted to actually SEE you in PERSON. shake your hand and have a few laughs. tell stories over the fire, that sorta thing. not get all beered up and compete. i know that some of us will drink, but don't come here to get drunk guys. lets have a great time and SHARE tips and techiniques. ok? thanks for the inpit and hope we can have alot of folks come. i am really hoping that this becomes a yearly event. different place each year. i will go anywhere i can afford to go. we are in some hard times i know, but we can do this i promise. ok.... enough of the tear jerking stuff. catch ya'll tomorrow.
Old 04-25-08, 01:44 AM   #60
ol'fisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ol'fisherman
Default Sad News

guys unless that is a holiday where everywhere will be closed...i sadly have to say i won't be able to attend.the 5th and 6th are on weekdays so like i said unless it's a holiday it prolly won't happen.I guess i will have to fly by the seat of my pants and maybe something will rearrange.meanwhile will stay in touch with all.
ol'fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 01:35 PM   #61
rodman rat

ol fisherman
he means June 6,7 and 8. He is just exicited to see us! Plan to come we will have a great time can't wait to lay eyes on everyone!!
Old 04-25-08, 05:00 PM   #62
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post
...can't wait to lay eyes on everyone!!

That's gonna change in a hurry once you actually see us, I betcha. You might be looking for some paper bags to put over some people's heads.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 09:44 PM   #63
bamabassman

thank you rodman rat, yes i am excited. it is the 6,7,8 of june. i had a post almost finished. and just lost the darn thing. so forgive me for typing errors. hands are hurting tonight. anyway.. here is the web address for goosepond. www.goosepond.org. you can look at it and then tell me where ya'll think the best place would be. if it is ok with everyone, we can rent a lodge together. they have 6 rooms and a kitchen. or we can go another route. the lodges may not be ON the water. i'll double check that. if we go and "camp" at the primitive area, there is plenty of room for us there. we can tie boats up at the peir (about 10 i think.) or beach em. so look over the site and let me know so i can make reservations. oh, there is a wally world about 10 mins away so the our brothers and sisters form outa state can get their weekend permits. just let me know as soon as possible and i'll go and talk to the director personally. my email again is jseaver@centurytel.net. we can do this people. also let me know who and what you are bringing, that way us local people can get what we will need here. food and such. any questions i have forgotten to answer, ask again. i ferget in me old age, haha. thanks gang. and i am really excited about this.mississippiboy ,,hahaha, you bring your on bag. oh, i almost forgot.. ya'll can bring ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME. we'll get more people on this site for kevin, hows that? and if this goes as planned, it will become a yearly event as i said earlier. different locale each year.
Old 04-25-08, 10:09 PM   #64
WTL

Its gonna be me, my dog, my boat, my truck, my shotgun, my beer, my dad, his truck, his boat and he might bring the boys from work.

You need to get quotes worked up, goose pond aint a free enterprise last I heard. How much for a lot as opposed to camping. We also need to know who here favors what, I want to do this as cheap as possible so I am leaning towards camping, but if we get enough folks maybe the lodge becomes affordable. Remember yall, this is maybe the best big bass lake currently in the southeast in addition to some good food and commradarie.
Old 04-25-08, 10:23 PM   #65
bamabassman

wtl, that is what i need to get from ya'll. look at the site and let me know asap. thanks. oh....who is the gun fer? mississippiboy, rofl. he sais that he was gonna bring hisn. really, now no guns...ok? ahahahahahaha
Old 04-25-08, 10:25 PM   #66
bamabassman

oh, send ya'll thoughts and such to my personal email, ok? i will not give out your email to ANYONE. PROMISE!!!! it just makes it easier for me to catalog. thanks again. going to bed now, getting up at 4 to go fishing.
Old 04-26-08, 03:29 AM   #67
MississippiBoy

Here's a quick breakdown...yeah, I know it's 2 a.m. Can't sleep, ok? Leave me alone.

The cottages there are are $16.35 per person per night if there's more than 5 people in that cottage. 3 nights would be $49.05 each.
The lodge is $411 per night for the whole thing. 6 bedrooms, so 24 people? Not sure how big the rooms are. Kitchen and living room, too. With 24 people, that's $17.13 per person per night. 3 nights = $51.38.
Going by these numbers, it's pretty much a wash. $2 difference for the weekend, not counting the damage deposits, taxes, and all that crap. Of course, the primitive camping is $10 per tent per night. That's obviously the cheapest plan, which is not to say it's a bad plan. I kinda like that idea, myself.

And here's something us non-boaters should really be thinking about. All the people bringing boats, like WTL and bama, will have more expenses than us. Every non-boater be prepared to throw some extra dough in the kitty for these guys. We all know a boat is just a hole in the water you throw money in.

I'm gonna go crawl back in bed now. I hope my wife's stupid daschund is ready to sleep, too. Otherwise, I might have to drop-kick her across the room.

Last edited by MississippiBoy; 04-26-08 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-26-08, 09:53 AM   #68
rodman rat

Ok a few questions.
Does primitive camping have launch, tie up for over night or do we have to pull boat each night? What about trailer parking can we park at camp site? Can we get enough spaces or one big area for all of us? (you know so we can have one kitchen area one fire area ect)

I like the camping idea best more relaxed and CHEAPER!! Gas will kill most of us to get there. I would be a boater.

If we can do this we will have a GRAND time.
Old 04-26-08, 12:26 PM   #69
Bob Smith

I'll probably bring one of my local fishing buddies (maybe more, who knows). Only a couple of hours from my house. May be there early on Friday or later in the evening, don't know just yet.
Old 04-26-08, 05:18 PM   #70
bamabassman

rodman rat, yes you can bring a camper. you can park it right nest to the primitive area. and we can pitch tents and kitchen and so forth there. i just wanted everyone's opion on where and what they wanted to do. i will go with the majority. i can get a tent from my brother (he'll say he comes with it, and his son, hahahaha). and yes there is a boat ramp close and a peir that we can tie up to. some of us may have to beach our boats, i will, no problem with me beaching to make room for the others. and mississippiboy is right. when you break it down, it is cheaper to the camper and primitive route. but some may rather have a room with a "real" bed, hahaha. whatever ya'll want, we'll do. we can get some of all.hahaha. but the primitive area is where i think that the "gathering" should take place. it is out on a little point and lots of trees (pines), and we can be by ourselves. if you have a pop-up, you can put it in the primitive area. otherwise just tents. but as i said the camper sites are RIGHT next to it. easy walk (maybe 20 yards). 1 peir close, and a bath house another 20 yards. and bob, bring as many as you can buddy, with their boats, hahaha. we may need a couple of other boats for the out of staters. i am trying to get some buddys from here to come as well. problem is they ain't got boats either, hahahaha. oh well we'll get it together gang. and mississippiboy...i can't stay sunday night. gotta work monday bro. just friday after 3:00 p.m. till about 4:00p.m. sunday. so that is 2 nights and 2 and half days ( i think, lol). if anyone wants to stay longer, that is fine. just that ya'll be kinda on your own. i thought this was just a weekend thing. email me at home address.
Old 04-26-08, 08:55 PM   #71
bothomas

Smile

boy!!!.....I'm not on the site every day, but I miss a few days and everybody's suddenly coming to where I fish every weekend!!!! Nice!!...Ok I'm in on whatever dates.. my wife is preg. so I can't put anybody up for the weekend. may or may not be able to stay with everyone. The lake is about 30 min. dive from my house tops so I can be there every morning. I have room for one in my boat, 19' foot but only 2 seats...looking at another boat right now that rides 3 but still up in the air. I can check on info at lodges, there are rental houses all along hwy 79. thats where all the pros stay when they come to town..may not be cheap though..depends on how many tournaments are going on...I'll check the stores and ramps and see who all coming to town. June the spawn will be over.. grass will coming up and it will be jigs and worms all day..maybe blades and cranks if the grass is not up all the way...depends on the heat. I'll be in touch guys.. would love to hang out and meet everyone... and guntersville is a lot of fun in the summer.. gotta love the milfoil and hydrilla!!!!
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:03 AM   #72
MississippiBoy

Yeah, 2 nights is all...geez, must've been even more tired than I thought last night...this morning, I mean.
Old 04-28-08, 07:51 AM   #73
Bob Smith

Well it looks like I will be there on the 6th and 7th of June and will probably come home the night of the 7th. I have to fly up to St. Louis (Business) on Sunday and need to get home for that.
Old 04-28-08, 10:52 PM   #74
bamabassman

ok gang... if you are coming to the get together. i need to know as soon as possible, ok? i am going to the director the director tomorrow. will let ya'll know how it goes. i am seeing abot 9 so far. we need MORE. come on guys and gals. we can do better than that. we can have up to 50 at this place and have lots of room for everyone. come on folks. let me know something. jseaver@centurytel.net
Old 04-29-08, 08:17 PM   #75
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I finally talked my dad into taking a couple days off work (with a little help from mom) I was just wondering where exactly this is going to be held.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.