Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-12-09, 11:13 AM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Arrow Vicious Copolymer "Ultimate fishing Line" review!

You probably remember when my dad made that thread about the Vicious line. As I remember, I said I would give a review. And here it is:

Line tested: Vicious Copolymer Ultimate fishing Line 17lb
Rod: 6'6" cabelas XML rod

Memory/casting:
This line is great when it comes to memory! It's super limp, casts very well off the spool as apposed to any mono/copolymer I've ever used.... I'll even say it better than sufix in this department! I give it a 10 for memory with it's braid like limpness!

Abrasion resistance:
This line kinda let me down in this department. Casting topwaters, spinnerbaits, and buzzbaits around grass and reeds and casting worms around lilly pads and a over blue gill beds. This line got nicked up but not as bad Big Game (10lb), and not as good as sufix eilte. Probably not something I would use around thick wood, or over rock. Over all I give it a 7.0.

Stretch:

Very nice! Did not have as much stretch as 17lb sufix superior. While it's no braid or fluorocarbon, it did pretty good for a mono/copolymer! I give it a 8.5!

Sensitivity:
I was surprised on how non-sensitive this line was even with the low stretch it has! When I was casting this around bluegill beds, with a worm, I could narrowly feel anything that I would normally feel greatly with braid or fluorocarbon. While it could be I'm just spoiled on the sensitivity of braid, and that's probably so. I give it a 7.2!

Total score = 8.2

Conclusion:
This line would be great if you where casting top waters or lipless cranks around bust bass in open water, or casting lures around thin vegetation. I would not go and use it thick wood, around rock, and defiantly not flipping/pitching or throwing frogs around lilly pads or hydrilla mats. Over all, it's pretty good line!
Old 08-12-09, 12:43 PM   #2
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thanks for the review, BB. Now if only they had that line in my area.
Old 08-12-09, 12:51 PM   #3
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post
Thanks for the review, BB. Now if only they had that line in my area.
No problem IB!

You don't like buying online?
Old 08-12-09, 03:36 PM   #4
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It just depends on what I am buying I suppose. For fishing things, I prefer to have them in hand to see.
Old 08-12-09, 04:02 PM   #5
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post
It just depends on what I am buying I suppose. For fishing things, I prefer to have them in hand to see.
Yeah! If I guy a rod or reel online, I'll first handle it at the store before I buy it online for a better price!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.