Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-02-06, 12:43 AM   #1
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default What do you think of Berkley® PowerBait® Blade Dancer™ ?

After couples day's hard working on computer, I finally got my work done this morning. I wanted to relax myself: went to fish this afternoon, though it was kinda heavy rainny day.

I went to a lock on rideau Canal. I fished there last summer, so I know there is a long drop-off should hold LM. I started at wacky rigged tiki stick. I caught a LM arround 20" on my first cast, another one on the third cast. And then I got bass on almost every cast at same spot! They were just waiting for my lure and bait crazy. It was so beautiful and so quiet there! No boat, no people, just me and Nature!

Since they bait crazy, I decided to test all lures I've brought. Sweet beaver style baits ( different rigs including backward rigged), Yum hog, lizards, couples crankbait and spinnebait from different brands, X-rap and Nyoro Nyoro ( a Japanese hard bait, which kinda like hard senko, sinks showing both sides )
They all worked VERY WELL! Every two or three casts, I caught at least one LM.( about 2lb-3lb size). It was unbelievable. Until I switched to Berkley powerbait blade dancer. No bait at all, I never use it before, so I might did a wrong approach: I just simply let it sink and retrieved it kinda pause and go. I went back to wacky worm and continue to catch fish! The crazy party was slow down arround 7:00pm. I tried couples topwater, Zara Spook, Knocker and buzzbait, none worked.

I've caught kinda countless bass on so many different lures, I believe it was really uncommon on this water system. Have to say what a day!

Still wondering why they bait so crazy today? you guys have any opinion?
The weather was great for fishing: 22c rainny without windy.

I thought part of the reason was IT WAS SO QUIET THERE!

Any way, How do you guys use Berkley blade dancer?

Cheers

H2O
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 10:24 AM   #2
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

you could have just been at the right place at the right time with a feeding school below ya
Old 06-02-06, 04:10 PM   #3
Bass Ackwards

I've never had luck with the Berkley blade dancer, the only thing I've been able to hook are submerged trees. I've lost 3 and will never buy another.
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 10:22 PM   #4
rrw4258

the bladedancer will catch fish! I use electric grape(purple) in a 3/8 oz. size here and have everything from carp to bass hit it!

Ryan
Old 06-03-06, 12:13 AM   #5
Zach_BassFisherman

Ive had great luck with the blade dancer, i use the fire tiger color, i have most of my luck on real mossy ares though, i just walk it on the top right over the moss and i get hammered, i catch bass like crazy, big ones to, i average at least 3-4 lbs when im doing this, i catch one about every 2 or 3 casts
Old 06-03-06, 12:28 AM   #6
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw4258
the bladedancer will catch fish! I use electric grape(purple) in a 3/8 oz. size here and have everything from carp to bass hit it!

Ryan

Wow, you mean carp hit it?...
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 07:38 PM   #7
rrw4258

yes i do catch a few carp on it from time to time! I really have no luck with them until after the 4th of july though!

Ryan
Old 06-03-06, 07:39 PM   #8
rrw4258

yes i do catch a few carp on it from time to time! I really have no luck with them until after the 4th of july though!

Ryan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.