Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-21-09, 08:57 AM   #26
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
you are absolutly right mb. the cork does dampen the vibrations on a rod. i understand completly. and no...no comments, you already thought of the jokes there pal,lol. now my problem is the casting part, losing the rod cuz of the smaller diameter of the rod one would be holding. now, if i am casting i think that i would be taking a chance of losing the rod lmao. but that is just me. now if i was to use it just for pitching and flipping, probably not. i guess i am just convincing myself to get this rod ain't i? hahahahahaha. yep i am. dang you bassboss, you AND your little monkey friend. you must be getting a kickback or something from him. gonna look for this rod i think if wally world stocks em. other wise you are clear from my wrath pal. hahahahahaha.
lol!!

My bait monkey is tapping harder and harder on other people shoulders ain't he! Ahhh! The lust of the bait monkey!

Tell if you get one, or at least if wally carries them. And if you don't like, I'll be glade to take if off your hands!

Good luck and good fishin'
Old 03-21-09, 10:57 AM   #27
bamabassman

ok, i'll check and see bassboss.
Old 03-21-09, 08:39 PM   #28
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

the split grip cuts weight down and that increases sensitivity...... hey swimbait should of tould me earlier about the rods
Old 03-22-09, 07:53 PM   #29
swimbaitkid
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I fished a fluke on one this weekend, they have more backbone than I thought, but it gets the hook in them, it's light and you can mess up there day with the hookset
swimbaitkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 10:02 PM   #30
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimbaitkid View Post
I fished a fluke on one this weekend, they have more backbone than I thought, but it gets the hook in them, it's light and you can mess up there day with the hookset
Thanks! would it make a good swimbait rod due to the light weight and back bone if I got a 7'6" one? the rod I have now is just a pain to fish a long day with, it pretty heavy! The reels also a little but on the heavy side, but not that bad! My dad's gt the same reel different rod.... much lighter!

btw, how long is the rod handle from the reel seat to the butt?

Thanks again!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.