Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 11-10-07, 10:01 AM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default "Lite Bite" Rod

Well, Bassfisher02, you might hate me for this, but here it goes.

This Spring, I plan to buy a new reel to replace my Shimano Sedona 4000FB on my St.Croix MedLite Fast Act. Spinning rod. I refer to this rod as the "Lite Bite Rod", using it for weightless T-Rigs, small(1/4oz or smaller)PNJ's, drop-shot, etc. My question to you though, what size reel should I put on it? I was thinking that my 4000FB was too big; is this true?

The two reels I was looking at were: 1) Daiwa Tierra 2000 or Daiwa Tierra 2500 - both of which are $114.95. The second reel I was looking at was: 2) Quantum Boca PT BSP30PTs; $119.95. I am assuming this is a 30 or 3000 size reel, right? If I am right, all my thanks go out to IslandBass, as he always puts reel size in most of his posts. If I am wrong, I still thanks IB for all his informational posts.

-ll
Old 11-10-07, 10:12 AM   #2
pig n jig

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=11366
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 10:32 AM   #3
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I like the reel - but Daiwa has wide-spool on all their reels. Will the Tierra be a good reel for my applications?

-ll
Old 11-11-07, 01:24 AM   #4
islandbass

For that kind of fishing the 4000 is overkill. I second your thought to drop down to a 2500 or 2000 size reel. They are much lighter and should much better IMHO. You might want to look at the new Shimano Saros. It has taken the Stradic's price point which is about that of the Tierra. New technologies and superior to the older Stradic for the same price. The Tierra is a reel I wouldn't mind adding to my arsenal.

Thanks, LL! I do try to put the reel size when it's asked for. I can almost guarantee that your St. Croix will feel even better with the Tierra or Saros. If you do get the Tierra, please report on your findings. I need an excuse to acquire my first Daiwa reel.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.