Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-06-12, 02:00 PM   #1
Jesse James
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 2012 Lake of the Ozarks Big Bass Bash

Hey guys, my dad and I are gonna try and fish the April BBB on lake of the Ozarks. We fished it last year, and it was the first time either of us had fished the lake, and we didn't do so hot. The weather was pretty crappy, but we caught a few fish, the biggest was around 4, which didn't get us any money. We fished the Osage Beach area last year, and I imagine we will again this year since that's the only area we've fished.
I'd like to be a little more prepared this year, so I was curious if any of you guys that live in the area have any advice on patterns, lure choices, etc. you'd be willing to share. I'm going to do a lot of map studying this winter, and I'm hoping to find some areas off the beaten path since there's so many boats. Here's my thoughts so far. The tournament's a week later in April this year, and there's a full moon on that Saturday, so I'm thinking if the weather's been decently warm that some fish ought to be moving up shallow and looking for spawning sites. I've heard lots about fishing the docks, too, and we tried some the second day last year, but didn't get ahold of any big fish. I'm sure they'd already been hit pretty hard. Is that our best bet though? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks guys and stay warm.
Jesse
Jesse James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 08:40 PM   #2
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

A big jig is always a solid choice for LOTO. Fish them around the docks, brushpiles, and probably secondary points at that point in the spring. You could always swing for the fences with something like a 6-8 inch huddleston. Should be some fish on beds by then so a big swimbait gliding over the top of their bed should get slammed. If the water is warm enough a buzzbait clacking against the side of the docks can catch some big fish along with a spinnerbait. Biggest one I've caught down there was 8lbs 2oz and she ate a 3/4oz football jig. My friend caught an 8 pounder out of there also, his was on a jig flipping the docks.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.