Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-30-12, 10:51 PM   #1
Bosshog
BassFishin.Com Member

Default E21 Carrot Stixs??

Well I'm getting really excited for fishing this year. And it seems like every chance I get i'm buying gear offline or making an excuss to go to Bass Pro etc. I think I've been to BPS 5 times in the last 3 weeks and its an HOUR FROM ME

As you can see where this is going...

I'm thinking of picking up one of these carrot stix for sale at TW. Theyre onsale now and I am wondering what you guys think of them. Good Deal..HEll no stay away...Maybe...

The casting and spinner rods are on sale and it really doesnt matter to me which one I get. Just need some more rods

Oh ya and did I mention I just bought a bag online at BPS last night...I need to stop this lol
Bosshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 11:06 PM   #2
Bosshog
BassFishin.Com Member

Oh and I'm also selling everything I got to feed this addiction...well not everything, but things could be worst..I could be addicted to drugs!!

It seems like every couple of years this happens to me with fishing I just go CRAZY SHOPPING. I seriously feel like a chick. Im totally going to understand when Im married if my wife is like this with clothes or chick stuff
Old 03-30-12, 11:40 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You'll here a lot of negative stuff about em. They had some issues with breaking and warranty issues a few year back, so allot of people have a bad taste in there mouth with e21.

But the good stuff you hear about them is real good! One thing's for sure, they're light! Never used one, but I've always thought they felt real good, and if I had that kinda money to blow, I might try one.
Old 03-31-12, 04:34 AM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

They are light feel like a fencing foil,however mine broke just after receiving warranty a joke,wanted x amount of dollars for a new rod and one had to saw old one up and send back,had it repaired locally.Its a decent(MH) horny toad rod for up to 4-41/2 pd bass back in cover.Ps gave 100 bucks for mine and had a ten dollar off coupon,so unless its on sale for 90-100 bucks better rods out there,for 100 at times.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 07:17 AM   #5
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshog View Post

Oh ya and did I mention I just bought a bag online at BPS last night...I need to stop this lol
But was it a Fat sack of the Good?

For every guy with an E21 that swears they RULE there are two that puke in their mouth at just the mention. Your call.
Old 03-31-12, 07:39 AM   #6
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

they are50/50 with most, i have one used it twice with a pro qualifer on it i like, i took the reel off and am waiting for a carbonlite or a lews to put on, mine is the 7'3 i want to use it but am half scared it might break, i really like to loook at it lol, na some guys say they woouldnt give chit for em and a few have a whole arsonal.. it like the lotery
Old 03-31-12, 08:58 AM   #7
MikeS.
BassFishin.Com Member

I love mine. I have a 6'9" spinning I use for shaky heads and around docks. Biggest fish caught on it was 4lbs. No issues. I have a 7'3" I use for lipless cranks no issues. I have a 6'6" is use for senkos and flukes biggest on it was 10lb I've caught 8s 7s and below on it and haven't had issues yet. I guess it all boils down to the person and the way they treat their rods. No matter the maker I'm sure you will here ups and downs about most rods. It's a fact that people are 3x more to talk share a negative experience rather than a positive one.
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 11:06 AM   #8
bassinbob

I bought a PG from Gander. It has the micro guides. It's my first micro and I am impressed with the rod. Right now they have both casting and spinning Carrots (PG) which is I think Professional Gold on sale right now under $80. I bought mine at $99. I've used it 2 times this year and have noticed an increase in both distance and accuracy. I caught a couple of bass on it and it didn't break yet. I was originally looking at the Skeet micro guides but liked the lighter feel of the Carrot.
Old 03-31-12, 11:23 AM   #9
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i like mine.. guess if it breaks ill change my mind
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 01:26 PM   #10
Bosshog
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS. View Post
I love mine. I have a 6'9" spinning I use for shaky heads and around docks. Biggest fish caught on it was 4lbs. No issues. I have a 7'3" I use for lipless cranks no issues. I have a 6'6" is use for senkos and flukes biggest on it was 10lb I've caught 8s 7s and below on it and haven't had issues yet. I guess it all boils down to the person and the way they treat their rods. No matter the maker I'm sure you will here ups and downs about most rods. It's a fact that people are 3x more to talk share a negative experience rather than a positive one.
very true..

I'm still on the fence I think I'm going to shop around a little more before I decide. Thanks for the advice guys !!
Old 03-31-12, 01:53 PM   #11
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

Had one for 3-4 seasons it was good to me. One day I sent the hook on a fish in a treetop broke into three pieces. Based on all the reviews out now I wouldnt buy another, but I didn't hate mine either.
Old 03-31-12, 02:44 PM   #12
lilmule

I dont hate mine but know what it will do limited to about 4 lb bass,get a 6 or a 7 on back in the jungle not enough oomph to get it out even with 50-60 pd braid,so use on the edges.
Broke mine doing a two handed power cast with a gslash,repaired with another section of rod inserted both broken ends and epoxy ,no problems since.Just know one cant take a buggy whip to a bull fight and do much good with it.It is light easy to use and providing one limits it to what it can do will do ok.
The period where most rods broke has gone and past yet still limited in usage.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 05:48 PM   #13
T7HeadTurner
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I've had 3. One spinning two casting, never had a problem in 3 or so seasons.
Sold them all after I made my switch to Falcon. My buddy that I fish with alot still has my old 7'3 MH he loves it.
They do chip, and the eyes arnt the best but you do pay for what you get.
I do want to try the Wild Black 8'0" XXH for Lingcod

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.