Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-15-12, 11:03 AM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up Warmouth/ H20 Swimbaits

Two separate baits, but pretty much the same question. What do y'all think about Big Bite Bait Warmouth?
here's a link: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Big_B...e-BBBWARM.html

If yall have used them, have you had success with them and how did you use them? I finally got to see them first hand yesterday (at Academy) and I had formerly read about people just simply Texas rigging them. Not sure if I need them in my arsenal. (I didn't buy any actually)

And next: What do y'all think about the H20 swimbaits? I know many people love their crankbaits ( if you didn't know, H20 is Academy's line of baits), but what do you think about their swimbaits. Their was two different types: one with more a sunfish/bluegill body, and one that was kind of like a sebile/magic swimmer (thinner and long body). Both were hard body.

Don't worry guys, I did buy some stuff: 3 packs of Big Bite Baits little soft swimbaits (like the skinny dipper just a lot cheaper, almost the same action, almost) and some finesse jigs (6) and a pack of on sale Jr paca craws (88 cents). Thanks for your opinions. Have a great week.
Old 01-15-12, 11:15 AM   #2
Tavery5

I have a few bags of the BBB Warmouth, I bought them early last year. I have fished them a couple of different ways. They look the best when you rig them with a big EWG through the side like a lateral perch. I have also tried them with a keel weighted hook and a regular T-Rig with a 3/16th oz bullet weight pegged. I have never had a bite on them.

Dean Rojas, was in town recently and I picked his brain a little about these baits, he said he fishes them the same way, and targets weed lines, edges of brush piles and drags them down points. I plan to give them a little more time this year.

Last edited by Tavery5; 01-15-12 at 09:45 PM.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 01:18 PM   #3
Jrob78

I've had really good luck with the 3 or 4 piece shad and bluegill swimbaits. I've never used the skinnier ones with 10-12 joints. They have a really good action and so far, hold up really well. I've caught fish on both sizes in both styles but I've used the shad shaped ones a lot more. They are a slow sink bait.

Old 01-15-12, 06:25 PM   #4
aikenyounggun

Thanks both of you. And Jrob, those are both types I was looking at. I think they opt had 4 and 3 inch (maybe 5 and 4 inch).

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.