Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-12, 08:58 AM   #1
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default New impeller and other stuff

So I got the impeller replaced in my 90hp Merc OB. Cost $151 and change so it seemed really fair. He asked me what kind of oil I was using. Told him Penzoil.
He said don't use it - use Mercury oil instead - much better oil and won't smoke as much.
I asked him his opinion of hydrofoil stabilizers (was looking at Davis Whale Tail). I was looking for plane at lower speeds and better handling in rough water. He said don't bother...you won't like how it causes your 17 footer to wander and if you get a stick between the prop and the plate it will rip it apart. He said Merc is coming out next year with a 4 blade prop for your 90 that would allow plane at lower speeds (didn't say much about rough water handling).

My 90hp is oil injection so when I got back home, I pumped out the oil and replaced with Mercury OB 2 stoke oil.

Last edited by Abbeysdad; 07-02-12 at 09:24 AM.
Abbeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.