Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-21-06, 02:18 PM   #51
Ihateriversnags
BassFishin.Com Member

Here is my baby, can't tell she's a 92. I top out at 67 mph GPS with half tanks of gas and just one fat guy in the boat. GOTTA LOVE IT. Bring on the BASS!!
Ihateriversnags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 05:06 PM   #52
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

river snag
how's about some spec's..

nice boat though..

zooker
Old 05-22-06, 10:09 AM   #53
Ihateriversnags
BassFishin.Com Member

Default specs

Hey Zooker,

my boat is a 1992 Astro 18 FDX
1994 Yamaha Pro-v 150
67 MPH at 5500 RPM

Not sure what else you're looking for. I am still trying to find out what the pitch of my SS prop is. I know it's ported and not sure I like that. Trying to get on plane faster and the ported prop just isn't doing it. But a fat guy in the back along with 80 bucks worth of gas and another fat guy fishing partner it's no wonder the boat likes to look at the sun for a few prior to getting on plane.

jason
Ihateriversnags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-06, 05:34 PM   #54
silversvt26
BassFishin.Com Member

Default My old 1981 Glastron

Click on small image for a larger one.

Not very new and fancy but gets the job done.
silversvt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-06, 06:05 PM   #55
zooker

silver
they don't make them like that any more. a sweet ride right there. looks like new carpet/seats. and of course the tower o power mercury. don't happen to have a front deck shot do ya? those glastrons were sweet riding -better than even the boats of today- find some bottom paint company and get there clear coat. use it on the top cap she'll shine like she was new..trust me..

zooker
Old 05-22-06, 06:37 PM   #56
JB

tony and me used to fish out of a 79 glastron just about like the one you have shown, nice boat ya have there!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-06, 10:48 PM   #57
Rebbasser

Here's the one Flyrod is tailgunner for:

Old 05-22-06, 11:27 PM   #58
silversvt26
BassFishin.Com Member

No I don't have any shots of the deck.....I'll have to take one. Thanks for the comments. I've always heard that it is very expensive to try and get a new gel or sparkle coat of paint but I've never looked into it. Also anyone know what the speed should be on average for an 81 150merc?
Old 05-23-06, 06:04 AM   #59
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversvt26
No I don't have any shots of the deck.....I'll have to take one. Thanks for the comments. I've always heard that it is very expensive to try and get a new gel or sparkle coat of paint but I've never looked into it. Also anyone know what the speed should be on average for an 81 150merc?
Man you gotta jem there. As zook said they dont make em like that anymore. Re clearing your boat is not as expensive as you would think especially if you do it yourself. As far as the speed question thats a difficult one to answer buddy. Bolt a 150 to a light go fast hull and she will make some serious numbers, bolt in on a heavier hull and the numbers drop off real quick. That motor that you have is a 2.4 litre that is capable of some serious horsepower with the appropiate mods. I used to fish outta a boat almost identical to yours back in 1984 when I lived a few minutes from table rock inmissouri. No she wasnt the fastest on the lake but I GURANTEE you it was THE MOST comfortable boat I beleive I have fished outta.
Old 05-23-06, 09:16 AM   #60
silversvt26
BassFishin.Com Member

On my current spedo, with my son, wife, and myself, it showed about 50mph but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Old 05-23-06, 12:39 PM   #61
flbassman

Nice boats everybody. Matt- what did yours cost? It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but with a motor.
Old 05-23-06, 01:11 PM   #62
JB

that 79 glastron we used to have would go about 57 mph
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-06, 06:54 PM   #63
zooker

them old glastrons were fairly heavy.about the same weight as a hyrda sport. and old friend of mine has one. an 81 merc is likly to be the black max moter -commonly called the "tower o power"- belive it is the inline 6. the 150 hp rating comes off the fly wheel. all water flow speedo's are off. run it with a gps which rarely lie.. a 17'6'' boat probly getting at least 60 gps..

zooker
Old 05-24-06, 06:20 AM   #64
1FASTLASER

ZOOK You are correct about the Tower of Power being the inline 6 and the horsepower rating being at the flywheel and not the propshaft but he has a V6 buddy. Look again at the pic. That is definatley the Black Max. The old version of the newer 2.5. That motor can develop some serious hp over the 2.0. That boat if setup correctly will be doing very well to hit the low 60's. In order to due that compression will have to be correct, a jackplate added and then the prop is gonna have to be correct for that setup. That particular motor has the slower 2-1 lower unit. He in fact could swap over to a 1.87-1 but for that particular boat he needs the 2-1 because of the weight issue. The 1.87-1 and the real fast 1.67-1 units are for the faster mid and fly weight hulls. As far as the speedo his is showing slow speeds. As you know most of them are happy meaning they show a faster speed than is true. The only speedo gauge that is close to being as accurate as possible is the Faria gauge. There are more accurate speedo's but they are a different type. The stock type as you stated are the water flowing over the end of the pitot or across the small opening in the lower unit and use the pressure to move the needle. They do ok for the average boater but for the speed freaks (LIKE ME) they dont do the job. On his boat if he wanted to gain some additional performance I would strongly suggest a 6" jackplate and one of the bravo props. I personally love the Laser 2 props but his rig is to heavy for those. He needs a performance prop with lots of ear so he has a better bite on the water.
Old 05-24-06, 09:53 AM   #65
silversvt26
BassFishin.Com Member

This is my first fishing rig I have ever owned. My previous boat was a Wellcraft 23' CuddyCabin. This boat does seem pretty heavy to me. Also when I see the spedo at 50 it is always bouncing around and that seems like the average. Also I don't know but i'm sure weight makes a little difference. With all 3 of us in the boat we are looking at around 500lbs. Also the rpm's is around 6k at top speed and i'm not sure if thats to high or about right.
Old 05-24-06, 04:25 PM   #66
bass kicker

its a nice boat i would buy one if i seen it for sale
Old 05-25-06, 05:52 AM   #67
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversvt26
This is my first fishing rig I have ever owned. My previous boat was a Wellcraft 23' CuddyCabin. This boat does seem pretty heavy to me. Also when I see the spedo at 50 it is always bouncing around and that seems like the average. Also I don't know but i'm sure weight makes a little difference. With all 3 of us in the boat we are looking at around 500lbs. Also the rpm's is around 6k at top speed and i'm not sure if thats to high or about right.
Those motors are very cpable of running at 6k without having any issues. That being said as long as the motor is in good shape. Back then there where no rev limiters. One thing you do want to do is prop those older motors where they are still pulling at 55-6k. Lugging a 2stroke motor is one thing you dont want to do. What I might suggest is run the boat with a handhelp GPS and record tack readings on holeshot and WOT (wide open throttle). When trimming her out you just bump the trim a little bit at a time and record or mentally remember your speed. So many people think that when trimming her out to the moon your speed increases. It doesnt only the cool sound of a 2 stroke humming. In all actuality a boat will be running as fast as she can when your rooster tail is only about even with the top of your cowl. When you see a rooster tail tree top high all your seeing is prop blowout. Cool to look at but just expended energy.
Old 05-26-06, 04:44 AM   #68
zooker

reb only you would have a mud streak painted into the gel coat...

zooker
Old 05-28-06, 07:02 AM   #69
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
reb only you would have a mud streak painted into the gel coat...

zooker
LMAO!!!!! 90% of the can boats around here have a permanent mud streak on them with a camo paint job.
Old 06-02-06, 01:32 AM   #70
Futurepro22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Futurepro22
Default My 19ft Nitro and my truck

http://www.freewebs.com/futurepro22/rides.htm
Old 06-13-06, 07:07 AM   #71
1FASTLASER

Default Ok Folks

Here's My lil ole tidecraft that I am presently fishing outta while I refurbish the Laser.

Last edited by 1FASTLASER; 06-14-06 at 07:06 AM.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-06, 07:07 AM   #72
1FASTLASER

Did I do it......YESSS Ok folks she is a 94 Tidecraft 16 1/2ftr with a lil ole stock 90hp. She is bone stock right now. Runing a 4" jackplate right now with 20p Raker. Got Lowrance electronics at the connsole and front. Tourney loaded I can get 55.2 GPS by myself and drops to 50 with another person. Gonna do some tricks to the motor. Cut the heads big bore carbs boysen reeds and some tuner work should be able to get real close to 60. And yes ZOOK I cant leave a boat alone. If I aint trying to set the water on fire I AINT HAPPY.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-06, 09:19 AM   #73
Super Pro 200
BassFishin.Com Member

The green and yellow boat isn't a Venture. It's a NorrisCraft. I owned one and they haul the mail! Notice how the bow on it looks like a Bullet or a Blazer. All three was built for one thing. SPEED.
Old 06-15-06, 11:59 AM   #74
FlyRod

Talking

Here's mine, with my new custom wrap.
No more jet ski problems!
http://www.bluejacketinc.com/2006/elco.jpg

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-06, 01:35 PM   #75
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
UMM that's a SUPER, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR, INCREDIBLE, WOOD MAKING ride(as he cleaned the drool off his chin and lower lip) Need a fishing partner That right there is the boat of my dreams That is awesome, hope you enjoy it as much as I know I would

Lizards
OMG i just died and gone too heaven.ditto to lizards.that is a great boat!!!!!!how good of a deal did you get it for?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.