Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-08, 01:48 PM   #51
hookup
BassFishin.Com Member

Check out a custom rod
hookup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 08:03 PM   #52
Bill@SOBLures
BassFishin.Com Member

Check out Airrus Rods .... www.rodsbyairrus.com

I think you will find the Co-Matrix series 701MH or 701H very much to your liking. They are very light, very sensitive and strong as a garlic malt !!! Plus, they carry a Lifetime, No Questions Asked Warranty.

Best part is that they are UNDER $100.00 !!! If you want to spend more....look at the Puls-R ...right at $200.00

GL&GF,
Bill@SOBLures
Bill@SOBLures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 11:42 PM   #53
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I actually have a Puls R , I just dont know who owns Airrus anymore. So will the new owners have the same warranty ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 06:45 AM   #54
Bill@SOBLures
BassFishin.Com Member

CMorg,

Airrus is now owned by Castaway Rods and yes, they do still have the same warranty !

GL&GF,
Bill@SOBLures
Old 12-19-08, 10:02 AM   #55
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ha , about 3 weeks ago I was on that SOB website checkin out the jigs.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 11:25 PM   #56
thebus71h
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
a friend of mine had a very bad time with esox rods.i would never buy any of their products.they eventually fixed the problem but it took months and far to many unanswered phone calls.there are other rod manufacturers that don't do this to customers.
Problem with all that is it depends on what the issue is. Working for a major specialized retailer, I hear comments like this all the time and they bother the living hell out of me. Mainly for the reason this is there is always way more to the story than what anybody is willing to tell.

I've got a few Esox rods myself, and never had a lick of trouble with them. I've talked to them a few times, and never had an issue. biggest problem is Brent isn't a salesman, he's just a fisherman that makes some pretty nice rods. Little does many people know, his dad was the one that created Heddon lures.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-08, 06:29 AM   #57
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

rod was shipped with a broken tip from esox.no way this should have taken months to resolve.
Old 12-22-08, 02:24 PM   #58
Bill@SOBLures
BassFishin.Com Member

dodgeguy,

Are you certain that the rod was SHIPPED with a broken tip ?? I would bet that the rod was broken in transit by the carrier (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.).

From experience, I know that when this happens, it generally takes an act of congress to get the carrier to pay up on a claim and that they usually fight it all the way,

Don't blame Esox til you're sure they are at fault.

GL&GF
Bill@SOBLures

By the way...I am a Carrot Stix dealer and have no affiliation with Esox....just hate to see anybody slammed for something that is probably not their fault. Determine the specific cause of the problem and THEN do what you gotta' do.
Old 12-22-08, 03:08 PM   #59
The Doc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Take a look at JB Customs Rods. www.custombassrods.com I'm not kidding when I say that you can feel a bass fart under your lure. I've had Kistler, Daiwa and Shimano rods. Nothing compares to these rods. You can't order one online, per say, but you can take a look at their website and call and order EXACTLY what you are looking for.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 06:53 AM   #60
dodgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill@SOBLures View Post
dodgeguy,

Are you certain that the rod was SHIPPED with a broken tip ?? I would bet that the rod was broken in transit by the carrier (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.).

From experience, I know that when this happens, it generally takes an act of congress to get the carrier to pay up on a claim and that they usually fight it all the way,

Don't blame Esox til you're sure they are at fault.

GL&GF
Bill@SOBLures

By the way...I am a Carrot Stix dealer and have no affiliation with Esox....just hate to see anybody slammed for something that is probably not their fault. Determine the specific cause of the problem and THEN do what you gotta' do.

the rod was in a undamaged tube.
Old 12-24-08, 10:16 AM   #61
Joel

This is one of the main reasons why I buy many of my rods locally. The rest come from either BPS or Cabelas. Both have the best customer service you could ever want or need when you need it.

Being a reservoir fisherman, my rods and reels take a beating. So I'm not a candidate for expensive or custom made rods. I need equipment like the old Timex commercials use to say: Take a lick'en and keep on tick'en.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.