Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 03-31-15, 10:37 PM   #1
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My new to me carry pistol

Pic is of my Charles Daly bottom, new to me Kimber compact cdc,both 4 in barrels.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-15, 11:16 PM   #2
bassboogieman

Congrats. Kimber makes a really nice pistol, a bit pricy when new for me, but they are a quality handgun.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 09:02 AM   #3
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Very nice pistols. My CC is a Ruger SR9c 9MM.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 09:27 AM   #4
bassboogieman

Fancy that, I also carry the SR9c.
Old 04-01-15, 08:42 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Very nice Mule! Very nice guns!! I carry a S&W Shield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shield.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	9099  
Old 04-02-15, 07:17 AM   #6
lilmule

[IMG][/IMG]
Looked at a shield sometime back only made in 9 and 40,other wise fit my hand nicely.
Yes used,couldnt afford a new one,still tight,close fit.
Old 04-03-15, 07:27 PM   #7
keithdog

I've never shot a 1911 style pistol. I'm going to rent one this year at the range and try it out. There are sooo many fans of that style pistol.
Old 04-04-15, 11:54 PM   #8
Tavery5

Nice pistol. Kansas just passed the Constitutional Carry law and it goes into effect July 1.

Concealed carry within the State without permit. I am anxious to see what the difference in the violent crime rate will be.
Old 04-05-15, 07:48 AM   #9
OkobojiEagle
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I had a man in my business a few weeks ago with a visible holstered pistol... I'll admit it made me a little nervous. I've never felt threatened enough to consider owning a handgun. What situations do you guys put yourself in that makes you want to carry?

oe
OkobojiEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 09:08 AM   #10
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkobojiEagle View Post
I had a man in my business a few weeks ago with a visible holstered pistol... I'll admit it made me a little nervous. I've never felt threatened enough to consider owning a handgun. What situations do you guys put yourself in that makes you want to carry?

oe
I don't put myself in any particular situations. Generally, situations find you. Such as a 10PM stop at a convenience store, a walk through a park, getting out of your car anywhere, sitting in my back yard. You never know when a BG, bad guy, will show up with ill intentions. I carry mine inside my own home, just as I do my wallet. You never know who will knock on your door or be found trying to get inside the bad door. There have been 3 home invasions in my town in the past two years. You just never know. Someone with a crack habit to feed will do anything.
Old 04-05-15, 09:20 AM   #11
mikechell

I travel for my job. There are places I have to go that "feel" wrong. I carry where I am allowed (some State's permits work in other States), just to avoid being a victim, should the situation find me. When I can't carry a pistol, I carry some other form of weapon.
I hope I never have to use that weapon. But I will not hesitate to stop someone who is threatening my Wife, myself or my property.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 10:16 AM   #12
bassboogieman

Must be great living in Iowa. What situations do I put MYSELF into that I feel I need a weapon - NONE. In the Philadelphia area those situations come to us, unexpectedly and certainly unasked for. Not a single day passes without a robbery, car jacking, home invasion, assault or murder happening. Just last week in my sleepy little town we had a domestic hostage situation just 3 blocks from my home. SWAT teams shut down the center of town for six hours. Violence is everywhere due to crime and unemployment. I refuse to be a victim, if someone tries to make me one I intend to resist with whatever means at my disposal. I believe in the saying it is better to have a weapon and never need it than need one and not have it. The gang problems of the big cities have spred out to the suburbs. I hope I never have to think I need to draw a weapon, let alone use one, in defense of myself or family, but if confronted with that need I plan on being prepared. Every time I leave my house I have no idea what will come my way and I don't ever go looking for trouble, there is certainly enough out there that eventually some may find me, if it does I don't plan on being an easy victim.

The choice to carry a weapon (legally) should not be made lightly. A gun is not a toy, it should not be carried if you have doubt whether you will be able to use it if that need arises. Neither should a gun be used as a threat to stop a threat. I carry a gun as a last means of defense should I ever encounter a situation where I feel my life is put at risk. With that mindset, I never intend to draw my weapon without firing it - that does not mean that intent cannot be altered if drawing a gun results in an immediate retreat by an assailant before the first round is sent. That takes commitment, resolve and responsibility for one's actions. If you don't have that do not carry a handgun.
Old 04-06-15, 02:43 AM   #13
ROBZILLA

Nice I just picked up the Sig Nightmare Carry. Kimber is nice.
Old 04-06-15, 02:40 PM   #14
nobass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Must be great living in Iowa. What situations do I put MYSELF into that I feel I need a weapon - NONE. In the Philadelphia area those situations come to us, unexpectedly and certainly unasked for. Not a single day passes without a robbery, car jacking, home invasion, assault or murder happening. Just last week in my sleepy little town we had a domestic hostage situation just 3 blocks from my home. SWAT teams shut down the center of town for six hours. Violence is everywhere due to crime and unemployment. I refuse to be a victim, if someone tries to make me one I intend to resist with whatever means at my disposal. I believe in the saying it is better to have a weapon and never need it than need one and not have it. The gang problems of the big cities have spred out to the suburbs. I hope I never have to think I need to draw a weapon, let alone use one, in defense of myself or family, but if confronted with that need I plan on being prepared. Every time I leave my house I have no idea what will come my way and I don't ever go looking for trouble, there is certainly enough out there that eventually some may find me, if it does I don't plan on being an easy victim.

The choice to carry a weapon (legally) should not be made lightly. A gun is not a toy, it should not be carried if you have doubt whether you will be able to use it if that need arises. Neither should a gun be used as a threat to stop a threat. I carry a gun as a last means of defense should I ever encounter a situation where I feel my life is put at risk. With that mindset, I never intend to draw my weapon without firing it - that does not mean that intent cannot be altered if drawing a gun results in an immediate retreat by an assailant before the first round is sent. That takes commitment, resolve and responsibility for one's actions. If you don't have that do not carry a handgun.
i would reply but bruce just about sums it up
only thing i would change is name of city and state
Old 04-06-15, 11:47 PM   #15
OkobojiEagle

Quote:
Must be great living in Iowa.
All in all it is a pretty nice part of the world to live... especially this rural area surrounded by several clear water smallmouth lakes.

oe
Old 04-07-15, 12:20 PM   #16
Tavery5

Counsil Bluffs, IA is listed as one of the top 100 most violent Cities in America. It is listed as have a 1 in 106 chance of being involved in some type of violent crime.

Counsil Bluffs rate of violent crime is about 2.5 times the national median.

Just sayin
Old 04-07-15, 06:36 PM   #17
OkobojiEagle

Council Bluffs is a "suburb" of Omaha, NE... well, close maybe. In the rural parts of the plains states we're pretty laid back. We do like our guns, but mostly for hunting.

oe
Old 04-07-15, 09:58 PM   #18
lilmule

Im rural Tn,hadnt locked my front door in 7 years living here,mostly because my wife and I both disabled wanted them to find us easily if we expired.Also 18 miles from nearest stoplight,low crime almost none.Yet traveling to aquire things like boats motors etc one goes thru major cities,with often large sums of denaro.More often trips to Jackson Madison county hospital,with me out in the parking lot and every druggie they tossed out tend to gravitate to people in cars got another cig or can u give me a ride etc.
I don't have a permit because I want to harm anyone,have it to keep from being harmed.
I also hope I never have to use it in that manner Trips to the hospital often now are mute since my wife died,yet I still when traveling even fishing ,never know when a cottonmouth will be on an unimproved ramp,way out in the sticks,that refuses to vacate.45 acp shoots shot shell very nicely.
Old 04-07-15, 10:12 PM   #19
bassboogieman

Tony's comment made me curious so I checked the top 100 cities for violent crime. I live less than an hour drive from 6 of them. #1 Camden, NJ; #2 Chester, PA; #9 Wilmington, DE; #18 Baltimore, MD; #54 Philadelphia, PA; #96 Norristown, PA. Both Chester and Norristown are right outside Philly and Camden is right across the Delaware river. Man, I have 3 in the top 10 and 4 in the top 20. Anybody have it worse than?

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-08-15 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-08-15, 11:07 AM   #20
WatterBoy

Quote:
Tony's comment made me curious so I checked the top 100 cities for violent crime. I live less than an hour drive from 6 of them. #1 Camden, NJ; #2 Chester, PA; #9 Wilmington, DR; #18 Baltimore, MD; #54 Philadelphia, PA; #96 Norristown, PA. Both Chester and Norristown are right outside Philly and Camden is right across the Delaware river. Man, I have 3 in the top 10 and 4 in the top 20. Anybody have it worse than?
Not even close for me. Minneapolis (#78) is the only MN city in the Top 100, and the only time I'm ever in the Twin Cities is to attend a pro sporting event. I'm an hour south of there for permanent residence and 3 hours NW of there for summertime cabin/lake activities. I can't see myself ever having any desire to own a gun.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 01:20 PM   #21
lilmule

Nothing wrong with you not wanting one,so long as you don't need one.
That is your decision it is however one of our rights to bear arms.
No doubt if one isn't familiar with firearms ,definitely should not have one.
It is a requirement in Tn that one takes a safety class prior to actual test.They go over things like storage in the home,safety on range and in general.
I am responsible for every bullet that leaves it.
Old 12-01-15, 10:41 AM   #22
Dennis1022
BassFishin.Com Member

I live in Rockingham County, NC. I have closest to me that has high crime is Reidsville, Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem, Raleigh, Charlotte, and then just across the state line from me is Virginia, Danville, and South Boston, Martinsville. These cities or towns are high in crime from B&E's, Muggings, Rape, Car jacks, and strong arm robbery of stores and banks and even your homes. Then you have those criminals that look for you in or in the woods or the water. I carry on me all times is my S & W Sigma 40 cal., being a ex - police officer and knowing what could happen with out protection and then the need to know how to and when. Be sure you don't break the law by carrying also if you do use it, be sure that this shooting was justified and you had no other course to shoot and kill the person who just was killed by you.
Dennis1022 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.